Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone used this

http://www.gunslick.com/produc...mingborecleaner.aspx

Local academy carries it.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
WipeOut, Gunslick same-same. (Both too messy for me. Patchout and accelerator, maybe.)

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff ! Has become my favorite bore cleaner.

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I've been using it and it works great.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How long does one let it soak ?

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the time I leave it in over night. Patch it out in the am.

Hang on TITE !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Anyone used this

http://www.gunslick.com/produc...mingborecleaner.aspx

Local academy carries it.

Thanks,

Mike

Great stuff I use it all the time also.
I let it soak from 1-24 hrs., amazing copper remover & doesn't eat the bore!
dancing Have a good one!!!

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two little silver tubes of "Gunslick", its a thin black grease and Ive used it sparingly for years on my pistol actions..but Im old and have a lot of stuff nobody knows about..This must be one of them..Its great stuff.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember that stuff. I’m 65 and my dad used it. I think it was some kind of graphite gun grease.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like 2 different products to me. I remember the old Outers "Gunslick" that came in a small tube. It was a graphite based grease that "glued" more 22 autoloaders shut than any other product on the market.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using Gun Slick bore cleaner for a dozen or more years and it is the only copper remover one will ever need. I also use Wipe Out on the 5.56 because the tube on the Gun Slick can won't fit into the chamber of the little guy. I frosted a bore with ammonia based copper remover one time and though it polished out after a few rounds through it I knew I had to try something that wasn't corrosive to barrel steel and I have been a happy gun cleaner since I found Gun Slick.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1186 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marty:
I remember that stuff. I’m 65 and my dad used it. I think it was some kind of graphite gun grease.

Ray and Marty,

That's what came to my mind too.

Marty and I are the same age, same era and same experiences with "gunslick" except I still have some and sometimes use mine on the bolt lugs and striker cocking ramp.

Use that black stuff sparingly!

I'm sure this has nothing to do with what this thread is talking about.

Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess not, were just too long in the tooth to grasp this thread, and its conclusions that have not appeared as yet.. Eeker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote