New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Cleaning equipment storage
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well guys I guess if you have to have a problem this is a good one to have. Problem is with recent gun pruchase I need to remove gun cleaning supplies (oils/solvents/patches/bore snakes/small hand tools/rods/jags/polishing cloths/etc.) from my safe so now I need an alternative place to store them. I have decided that a nice wood box or tool chest would be my best option but where can I find one at a reasonable price?

Posts: 262 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep mine in a Firestorm tool chest, has a large bin on the bottom with wheels and a nice size tool box on the top. I keep my rods in conduit with the locking caps. I can keep my Hart front rest all my bags targets and supplies, tools, log books,and targets in there. I go to the range, I grab it and go. Cleaning gets done there and momma does not bitch about the smell. I leave nothing behind that way. Not pretty but very functional.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found a tool chest from Home Depot, "contractor" size DeWalt, with wheels and a collapsible handle for pulling around.

Two compartmentalized trays for jags, solvents, wrenches. Large bin in the bottom. I keep ALL my range gear in it, stapler, targets, ear protection, lock-tite, marking pens, cotton swabs, patches, rags.

I don't think I paid much more than about $25 for it. Solves ALL the problems with keeping gear accessible. Blows people away at the range when I hand them a torque wrench for tightening receiver bolts to spec, or allen keys, hollow ground gunsmith screwdrivers.

One piece stainless cleaning rod won't fit in it, and so that goes in a tube I constructed from schedule 40 plastic water pipe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few fishing tackle boxes out there that are great for keeping cleaning supplies.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just use your common sense child

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the tackle boxes. keep my home cleaning kit in a large tackle box. I also keep a smaller kit in a smaller divider tray like comes in a soft tackle bag. Then a have a small pocket size plastic case for each of my guns with any tools that are specific to that gun like allen wrenches for scope rings, bore brush, etc. which stays with it's gun.

Posts: 226 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote