Notify
Tools

Stupid search - pull through
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted
Please be patient with me:

I once saw a simple pull throuh cord, NOT surplus, but new.

On one end a brass loop, on the other a brass piece with regular 8 - 32 thread.

I would like to order at least one, but do not know where to buy such a thing?

TIA, Hermann

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 337 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
Thanks; I know this, I was looking for a "string" type - "Military type" - soft string, not cable.

Thx

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 337 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Link

Combine with one of these

Link

One of these

Link

And one of these pouches

LInk

For a very useful field cleaning kit for a hunting rifle..

one of us
posted Hide Post
Skip all that stuff and get a bore snake from about any gun shop, Cabelas, sportsman Whse..It a braided rope with a bronze brush on one end and a loop on the other, You drop a weighted string down the barrel from the chamber and pull this 3 ft. secion of braided soft rope down the bore..You can treat one end with solvent if you wish...ONe pass of a bore snake equals 180 patches on a rod...

More good barrels are ruined by rods rubbing on the throat of the chamber and scratchings in the rifling..pulling a soft rope kept clean, is a great idea..What the rope picks up is usually softer than barrel steel so that's not an issue as some claim and according to tests verified by borescopes.

IMO it is the best invention since sliced white bread and is what I use almost exclusively combined with maybe one or two yearly cleanings with a rod and perhaps some wipe out. It works.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Forget a bore snake. That's like using the same piece of toilet paper over and over..

Look for a reproduction 1903 Springfield cleaning kit (sometimes called a thong) It should have a pull through just as you described. I bought my first one from Gander Mountain in 1969 and I still have it..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What, you don't use toilet paper over and over!! pissers

Everyone uses a patch over and over, some don't admit it, but who would admit using toilet paper over and over, funny man! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
I found one! In a Ruger branded Allen cleaning kit:

https://byallen.com/product/ruger-msr-cleaning-kit/

with BRASS rod / components AND pull through!

"with brass components, specialty cleaning brushes, and accessories. The high quality brushes are designed to clean the chamber, gas tube, bore, bolt carrier key, and upper receiver. A brass jag and slotted tip, along with a clear gas tube brush, guide, and a cleaning cord for those who learned to clean without a brass rod are also included "

Wish they would sell the pull through separately, too.

Hermann

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I like it when people new to boresnakes get them stuck in the bore.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too, they use the wrong size, trying to save money using one for all guns!! duh!!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
To this day i have never had problems pulling my .22 boresnake throug a larger caliber gun!!!
So what is the "problem" y'all talking about?
It works on any caliber!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote