Find
Notify
Tools

MC #7 Bore Cleaner and Conditioner
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted
A couple weeks back, my brother was having problems with his A-bolt in .204, every so often, usually on the third shot, he'd get a whicked flyer, almost 2" from the first 2 of the group fired. He went to the local gun shop to see what they recommended for cleaning, as he figured it was due to copper fouling. The faster the bullet, the more copper fouling, usually. They recommended Shooters-choice MC #7 bore cleaner and conditioner. He followed the directions and was surprised at the amount of fouling that was removed from his bore. After cleaning, his groups closed right back to where they were with a somewhat clean bore previously.

So, having witness the amount of gunk he got out of his bore, I went out and bought a bottle to see how it works. I cleaned my 22-250 last night with it, and I'm sold! Needless to say, the old bottle of cheap solvent I USED to use is going to be used to clean powder fouling, as that is all it is good for. Shooters-choice is my choice when it comes to hard to clean copper fouling. I had to go through the recommended procedure twice to get a clean patch. When I was finished, it seems the bore shone brighter than when the gun was brand new!

I couldn't beleive the amount of patches that came out GREEN, and the little chunks of copper that dripped out the muzzle with the solvent...I always put a cloth under the muzzle to catch the extra solvent, and to see what is being scrubbed out of the bore. This stuff is amazing!

I'm going to scrub a couple of "clean" rifles tonight to see what the old solvent missed!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
You should also try KG-12. It wont make as many green patches since you only need a couple to get it all out.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why it took so many patches, then after thinking about it, I thought that because the old solvent didn't remove the copper fouling, there were quite a few layers of it to remove. I will see how this product works next cleaning, it shouldn't take quite as many patches!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote