Find
Notify
Tools

Dehumidifiers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dmiller
posted
Does anyone have any good home made dehumidifiers for gun safes? I opened mine up the other day and found a little bit of rust around a scope ring. My commercially manufactured device isn't working that well. I am very anal about oil and I think they drew a little moisture during the winter here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Each person is born to one possession which outvalues all his others- his last breath.~~Mark Twain

Posts: 32 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dmiller
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks. I looked at it and they have some pretty convincing evidence on the website!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Each person is born to one possession which outvalues all his others- his last breath.~~Mark Twain

Posts: 32 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's worked great for me for almost 20yrs, the basement room my guns are stored in runs 55-60% humidity year round, I have no rust problems, I use a room dehumidifier to keep it at that, have to dump the 25 pint reservoir every day or so.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote