New
Find
Notify
Tools

cleaning Lubalox
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I think I understand that Winchester's Lubalox coating is different from moly. My question for shooters who have used the Accubond CT, Ballistic Silvertip or XP3 is: if I decide to use these bullets, do I have to either "prep" the barrel like moly or clean my barrel differently from how I clean with uncoated bullets? Any pros or cons from these coated bullets? Experienced replies appreciated. thanks

Posts: 228 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammo_Dog
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting Ballistic Silvertips for the past couple of years. I did not prep my barrels in any way other than a good cleaning before using. Cleaning after using the Lubalox coated bullets doesn't seem like anything special either. I am able to get completely clean patches in about the same time it takes when using naked bullets.

Have you shot any of these bullets yet? I have printed some really nice groups with the 55 grain .22's. I know one thing for sure, I will not make the mistake of using the 180 grain Ballistic Silvertips on whitetail's again. What a mess.

If at first you don't succeed...RELOAD!

Posts: 44 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote