New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 'Cleaning Chest' pic on the top of this forum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It looks awesome. I would like to buy one.

Is there any infor available about it or where a guy could buy one like it?

Thanks--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Cabela's to me.

Gun Cleaning Kit

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No doubt that's a nice box, but I have found the Tipton's Best Gun Vise is the best gun vise for the job. It will hold rifles, shotguns, AR-type guns and pistolvers very nicely. Price is about a hundred bucks at Midway...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wrongtarget, I believe 'You are correct sir!'
I ordered one just a minute ago--Thanks

and Homebrewer, I've got a couple of Tipton's!

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
DAC, that is who makes these. I have one that is labeled under Outers and an uncle of mine has the DAC version. I have to say they both suck and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I replaced it with a Tipton gun vise. Quite happy with it.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Years ago in a gunshop I saw a gunvise, kind of like the Tipton in concept, except that is was made of wood and very nicely done. Are there any of those still around?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah there are, Sinclair has (or at least had) one, and Accuflite sells one. I got the 'chest' from Cabela's--a novelty I guess, I'll just use it to hold a few odds and ends, and maybe make a trip or to to the hunting camp, but not stout enough for the range or shop for sure.

It would be nice to have a HEAVY custom version of this thing, a little bigger and a lot stouter, I would buy one.

Picture of marquezlc
posted Hide Post
It would look a little out of place on my old bench

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern NM | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
No doubt that's a nice box, but I have found the Tipton's Best Gun Vise is the best gun vise for the job. It will hold rifles, shotguns, AR-type guns and pistolvers very nicely. Price is about a hundred bucks at Midway...

I think they are on sale at midway for 80 bucks gander has them also for same price.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can also get these at your local Wal Mart in the sporting goods section. Been just over a year since I got mine but I believe they were around $35.

Posts: 262 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With Quote