New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using Wipeout in a pump
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've tried Wipeout in my bolt action and it works well. Now I want to use it in my Remington 760, but don't want to push the foam into the chamber. Any suggestions?

A/C Guy

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would shoot it in the muzzle. Use a chamber mop on a pistol rod when you are done. I would stuff a rag or some paper towel in around your fire group to keep it out of there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stick a piece of ¼" ID neoprene fuel hose that fits snug or slightly loose in the chamber on the WipeOut nozzle, a piece 6"-8" long should do the trick. Push it all the way in the chamber against the shoulder, then squirt away!

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Put one of those bell-shaped foam ear plugs in the chamber, and close the action. Spray Wipe-out into the muzzle, and lay flat. You're home free. HTH, DUtch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My question is not so much how to apply Wipeout ,but how do you patch it out without the blue goop getting into the action and working parts? I've a Mod 94 lever gun and I don't use Wipeout to clean it as I am cleaning from the muzzle.
Any ideas would be much appreciated
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have been more specific. I use a 6" length of 1/4" ID X 3/8" OD plastic tubing and jam it into the chamber, squirt the foam, hold for about 60 sec while it expands into the barrel.

Now the question - how to patch it out without pushing the mess back into the chamber, etc.?

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I use a pull thru in my BLR, either an Otis system or a Patchworm.

Tim

http://www.otisgun.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/cat...cart_id=9207458.2856

http://patchworm.com/

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you wash the thing off between pull throughs?I know the state of the patches when they come out the other end.This doesn't seem too efficient to me.I think I'll stick to Butches for the lever action and Wipeout fore the bolt guns.
rob

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just wrap a paper towel around it as it comes out the muzzle, then pull it through the paper towel and wipe it as it comes out, the only way I've been able to do it, change the patch before running it thru again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm lost with that one.On my Mod 94 it goes in from the muzzle and comes out at the action.Am I plain dumb(don't ask my wife!!)
rob

One of Us
Picture of citori
posted Hide Post
Patch from the muzzle then clean the action with gun scrubber or brake cleaner to remove excess.

Tanzania in 2006! Had 141 posts on prior forum as citori3.

Posts: 266 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robz:
I'm lost with that one.On my Mod 94 it goes in from the muzzle and comes out at the action.Am I plain dumb(don't ask my wife!!)
rob

The pull thru Otis and Patchworm are inserted in the chamber and pushed to the muzzle, then pulled thru the bore, similar to a bore snake.