Find
Notify
Tools

Molyfusion really does work.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,
I recently put a Green Mountain 17m2 barrel on an old Marlin 80 receiver. I broke it in as recommended by GM (10shots, clean for 100rounds, then as needed) but could not believe how much carbon was in the bore after 25 more shots. I scrubbed, and soaked it for four nights with Wipe-Out scrubbed with GM TEC, Boretech eliminator, Kroil and Black Powder solvent, Shooters choice and Hoppes #9. Switched between jags and bronze brushes, but could not get the carbon out of the throat. Used KG-1 and FINALLY got it clean after 5 days and literally 100 patches.

I then applied Molyfusion (not the grey moly stuff). I had my barrel clean in 6 patches.

Unbelievable.

I am in no way associated with Molyfusion from shooterssolutions but think a good product deserves good press.

As far as accuracy goes I will not claim the molyfusion made it more accurate, but it was in fact more accurate after the treatment. Now that may be because the barrel was broken in, or I was used to the trigger, or who knows for sure; but the groups were tighter after the treatment.

Thought I'd share,
Jimno

Liberals make me puke.

Posts: 209 | Location: Heart of the Bluegrass, KY | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Jim, Thanks for the info. Sounds like good stuff.

Have you tried Moly? Only asking to see if you can compare the two.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hot Core,
Nope, never tried moly.

I had planned on using danzac for my 6.5-284, but may reconsider since Molyfusion does not require a bullet coating step like danzac.

regards,
Jimno

Liberals make me puke.

Posts: 209 | Location: Heart of the Bluegrass, KY | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote