Find
Notify
Tools

Have you heard of ?????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of The Senator
posted
While at the ISE show in Sacramento, Ca. they were selling a gun cleaning product with no chemicals in it. It was called Gunzilla, I bought some and have not tried it yet. Anyone out there have you heard or tried this product?
Respectfully,
The Senator (Jerry Kazee)
jdkazee@comcast.net

Life Member NRA
Life Member CA Rifle & Pistol Assoc.
DOJ Certified Handgun Instructor
Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Posts: 535 | Location: Lincoln, CA 95648 | Registered: 19 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Senator
posted Hide Post
Ok Guys and Gals:
I tried the Gunzilla and it works great.
The stuff cleaned just like the man said it would. Good on blued and stainless steel.
I'm pumped!!!
The Senator

Life Member NRA
Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation

Posts: 535 | Location: Lincoln, CA 95648 | Registered: 19 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
What is this stuff called? Sounds great! I'm a little doubtful about the claim that it has no chemicals. That's a bit like saying a cartridge without a bullet! The main ingredient in beer is a chemical - alcohol. Big Grin

beer

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
made of plants

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
made of plants
Best look out for Moss then! jumping

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
made of plants

To be entirely fair, so is crude oil and heroin. Big Grin

Regards,

GH

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Senator
posted Hide Post
Guys:
Some of you have too much time on your hands!!
I am sorry I posted this, but I will follow through. I was told it was made of plants and vegtables. It has hardly no smell, clean my guns and did a wonderful job. I have no interest in the company that makes this product. I do not work for or promote them. I was just stating I had tried the product and it worked great for me.
Respectfully,
The Senator

Life Member NRA
Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Balistol has been around for years. It is also an all "Organic" product.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I looked Gunzilla up on their website. They claim it's the greatest thing since canned beer, however they don't mention anything about it being able to remove copper fouling?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Senator
posted Hide Post
larryso1:
They have a new product for copper its called copperzilla. I have tried gunzilla on my rifles it work great. Hope this helps
Respectfully,
The Senator

Life Member NRA
Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
All natural? I have used spit on numerous occasions - patches come out black as the ace of spades.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DocEd:
Balistol has been around for years. It is also an all "Organic" product.

Have you used Ballistol much?

If so what do you think of it?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check tomorrow morning ---the barrel will have fallen off.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NE 450 No2, I used to use Ballistol for my match rifles but found that the 2 to 1 Shooters Choice/Kroil did a quicker job. When loading and cleaning between relays time is of the essence. Ballistol does work well on powder fouling.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've tried Ballistol to and it's good stuff.Not the best but works better than many other products.IMO it's at it's best for cleaning ML's.Funky smell might attract a curious deer.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I was given two small bottles of Gunzilla at a trade show a couple of years ago. This stuff works really well on removing barrel crud including most of the copper left by normal bullets. A few of the stubborn bullet skid marks take a bit more application, but that's the same for most products that aren't strong enough to eat the barrel away from the action.

They make the same claims as Break Free, but it's a bit better cleaner / lubricant mix. IMHO

Then at this year's Eastern Outdoor Sports Show in PA I found the same guy and bought a large bottle of Gunzilla, it's just good stuff, works well and doesn't stink up the work area.
As an aside it's also great for removing labels or price tags as it just disolves the sticky stuff out from under it.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funky smell might attract a curious deer.

Yeah, it does have a peculiar odor - Deer attractant - Gee, I dunno; but I'll prety much try anything once.

quote:
As an aside it's also great for removing labels or price tags as it just disolves the sticky stuff out from under it.

Rickie,

Good tip.

I've been using CLP for years and still have an unopened gallon container in the basement; so I'm not in the market for something new at the moment and probably won't be for several years, too.

I've been soaking the Speer & Barnes bullet boxes in CLP or WD40 to get the labels off. At least Midway & Sierra got the message long ago and make their labels with a backing the comes off easily.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote