New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patchout with Accellerator
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've always used separately but got the impression that they could be used together. Anyone really know the right usage procedure? The bottles don't tell.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1054 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello out there. Anyone home?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1054 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a firm believer in using both. Use about 8 drops of the patch out and half that amount of accellerator on the same patch. cuts the cleaning time greatly.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1097 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just use wipeout and patchout together. I haven't found a need for anything else.

Posts: 445 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I will try them together.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I've used the WipeOut foaming spray for years and PatchOut for about a year. This past weekend I got the Accelerator and am going to try it with the PatchOut. Heard great reviews of those two combined and had to see what I'm missing

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Michalski:
I've always used separately but got the impression that they could be used together. Anyone really know the right usage procedure? The bottles don't tell.

They can be used together, but do not MIX them together is what I was told. Use accelerator on a patch followed by wipeout on a separate patch is what I do. Have not tried using both on the same patch. I use a rod guide and a dewey coated rod and Bore Tech Proof positive jags. Usually most of the powder fouling will come out in the first couple of treatments and after that you could just use the wipe out/patch out by itself.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1138 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://sharpshootr.com/accelerator-for-wipe-out/

I use accelerator before patch out or wipeout. Key is to get the accelerator in the barrel first.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Accelerator first, let sit for 5 minutes or so, then Patch-out for ≈10-15 minutes while I'm dealing with empty brass, bullets, powder, etc...clean patch or two...re-use those patches with accelerator or P-O...repeat until clean as I want the barrel.

Been doing it this way since they all came out AND/OR Wipe-Out/nylon brush overnight or all day for really nasty bores.

Don't think mixing on patch is as effective but WHO knows...hard to prove either way unless someone wants to set up a really "scientific" test. Cool Big Grin Roll Eyes, but if it works for you, why not mix. tu2

Good Hunting tu2 beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just use wipe out, no need for accelerator IMO, a bore need not be squeaky clean, that's counter productive and unnecessary IMO..but Im strictly a hunter, not a competition shooter..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote