THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN CLEANING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Cleaning Forum    KG-12 non Amonia Copper cleaner supriority test replicated
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KG-12 non Amonia Copper cleaner supriority test replicated
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using KG-12 for several years and have found it to be a superior product.

The thing that made me a believer was when I returned from South Africa with my .300. I did a lot of shooting with that rifle while there, and cleaned it with my regular bore cleaner. Then a friend told me about KG products and gave me some to try.

I cleaned one rifle and thought, "eh, it's ok." Then I cleaned my "already clean" .300 and was appalled by the amount of copper that came from a "well cleaned" bore!

It'll be hard to find anything that removes copper better...

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I bought most Copper solvents, but now that I have KG-12, I only use KG-12.

You will notice the difference:
a) No stink.
b) 100 times faster.
c) No blue on the patch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tnekkcc:
I think I bought most Copper solvents, but now that I have KG-12, I only use KG-12.

a) No stink.
b) 100 times faster.
c) No blue on the patch.

Exuse me for asking a siily question, but how can you tell if all the copper is gone if you dont have a borescope and the Patches dont turn blue? Thats what I have always relied on with Boreteck eliminator, if the patches are not showing a trace of blue I knowits clean.
Thanks
Elmer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmerdeer:
quote:
Originally posted by tnekkcc:

a) No stink.
b) 100 times faster.
c) No blue on the patch.

Exuse me for asking a siily question, but how can you tell if all the copper is gone if you dont have a borescope and the Patches dont turn blue? Thats what I have always relied on with Boreteck eliminator, if the patches are not showing a trace of blue I knowits clean.
Thanks
Elmer

Link to my thread on how to see Copper fouling