Find
Notify
Tools

Foam cleaners and coated rods
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted
I picked up a can of the Gunslick foam bore cleaner. I patched it out using my Dewey coated rod. The first 12 inches or so of the rod now seems a little tacky/soft to the touch after 4 cycles of this.

Had anyone any direct info on the aggressiveness of the foam cleaners and their effect on the coating uses on cleaning rods? I'm really skeptical because there couldn't be much of the cleaner left behind the tight patches I use, but it's the only explanation I can muster...all others have failed me.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get the same tacky feeling with WipeOut, Outers and GunSlick foaming cleaners, but I've been using them for 2 years now and the finish is still on the rods, dunno what causes it, the rod coating is still fine. I always expect it to peel, but it doesn't!!

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote