THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN CLEANING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Cleaning Forum    Amish girl killed by "Gun cleaning" 1.5 miles away with muzzle loader.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amish girl killed by "Gun cleaning" 1.5 miles away with muzzle loader.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
I'll bet it'll come down to peading guilty to involuntary manslaughter. Regardless, it's a tragedy for all involved.

Yep---figured that this was the charge so he can "plea down" in reality he will do very little time.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Actually, I wouldn't feel different.

One thing the Amish are known for is forgiveness. And who are we to insist they withhold that? Who are we to insist that a court live only by the letter of the law or a judge forget the spirit of the law?

I do have children, one of whom is a little girl. And perish the thought that this kind of thing happen to any child.

As for myself? I'd like to imagine I could bring myself to forgive him. And I can only begin to imagine how hard that might be.

friar

edited message

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by friarmeier:

One thing the Amish are known for is forgiveness. And who are we to insist they withhold that? Who are we to insist that a court live only by the letter of the law or a judge forget the spirit of the law?

I do have children, one of whom is a little girl. And perish the thought that this kind of thing happen to any child.

As for myself? I'd like to imagine I could bring myself to forgive him. And I can only begin to imagine how hard that might be.

friar

edited message

Every time I read this quote, Friar, I hold you in greater respect.

I also suspect that this Amish shooter, IF he is found to have fired the shot which killed the girl, will find it even harder to forgive himself.

Amish beliefs are deeply and honestly held. "Thou shalt not kill" has real meaning to them.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
quote:
Originally posted by friarmeier:

friar

edited message

Every time I read thus quote, Friar, I hold you in greater respect.

I also suspect that this Amish shooter, IF he is found to have fired the shot which killed the girl, will find it even harder to forgive himself.

Amish beliefs are deeply and honestly held. "Thou shalt not kill" has real meaning to them.

+1

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote