THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN CLEANING FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on the Hawkeye Borescope (After owning one)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
I've had my Hawkeye for a few weeks and there are a few things I have noticed. Most of my firearms I own...I purchased used. A lot of the new guns I buy I don't keep long for some reason or another.

In most of the guns I noticed that fouling is almost non-existent in the barrel. This was surprising to me as I am always worst case scenario and figured that it didn't take much to make a barrel coated in fouling and useless. But I clean regularly. Maybe the guns I am interested in were never shot much or just lucky with the previous owners not using them often.

I think the Hawkeye is an awesome investment for someone who collects older military firearms that may have been shot thousands of times...and are worried about barrel condition or meticulously cleaning. That reminds me...I need to pull my M1 Garand out and have a look.

Overall I think it is a great purchase for someone who is curious and wants to know what is in their barrel. I had a bench rest shooter show me their Hawkeye around 2008 and ever since then I wanted one. I guess it only took 10 years for me to find a decent deal on a used one.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote