New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap Borescope Not Too Bad
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got my 10 dollar Ebay China special today.I hooked it up to my laptop and ran an inspection.I'm quite impressed with it so far.I checked one of my rifles that showed some copper fouling.Couldn't really see the detail that well until I did this.I made a slightly loose plug out of a paper towel.Then I ran it right down to the throat with a cleaning rod.I then inserted the scope into the breech end.When you get near the plug,the light reflect real well and you can see amazing detail 360 degrees in front of the camera.The plug was loose enough that I could push it ahead with the camera cable and thoroughly inspect the complete bore by pushing the plug ahead and then moving the camera cable back into focus.My lands and grooves looked excellent all the way until I ran into a little copper still present at the last few inches of the barrel near the muzzle.Try this and you will be amazed at how much better detail you can see.The one I have is 5.5mm.I measured it with my calipers and it measures 2.145,so it will work with 22 cal.I got mine on Ebay,direct from China,free shipping for $9.90.It took three weeks to get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272483310517?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Here are some pictures I took.I could see there were some copper streaks,but I didn't know just how deep it ran down the barrel.After doing my inspection,it was only the last couple of inches that showed any copper.Purty dang handy tool for anybody to have around.
Here are the leads

Mid bore

2" from the end near muzzle

Clean

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Verry cool. I had one from Amazon which I had to send back because it wouldn't work on Win 7

also your link got truncated

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Lyman borescope works great but costs a few dollars more.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1043 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
If these will work with a Mac, I need one.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will work with a MAC.You just need to make sure the one you buy is compatible with the software you are using it on,add that to your search and it should save you some time.Right now I'm going through all my rifles cleaning and inspecting afterwards.If you use it only for inspecting copper after cleaning it's worth it.

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before and after cleaning.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is just a bit better than looking down the bore with the eye.One day I will dish out the money for a Hawkeye.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought one to try. For the price...why not.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have a Germsn made bore scope - cannot remember the name, and I Sm of the country - that far superior to anything else around.

I got it from my friend DWIGHT Scott, the well know bench rest champion, and gunsmiths for many bench rest champions.

The clarity of that one is incredible.

I cannot remember how I paid for it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Quite generous of Mr. Scott. I druled over a German made viZaar. Don't shoot enough to warrant the cost of those high end borescopes.
Just ordered a Hawkeye 17" borescope.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
The original link on ebay is gone.

Anyone with a current link to the RIGHT product PLEASE

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote