New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement for Hornady One Shot HD Extreme
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My favorite gun cleaner is Hornady One Shot HD Extreme. It is a great cleaner of carbon, oils, grease, etc, dries quickly and has proven to be an excellent lubricant and rust inhibitor.

Sadly, it has been discontinued. I bought some Ballistol and it seems ok but from what I have read it is not a good rust inhibitor. Any other recommendations?

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 897 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tdoyka
posted Hide Post
i use g96 triple action(clp) for REALLY cleaning my rifles. since i like to shoot(about 3 or 4 times a week), i use ballistol on the outsides of rifles.

http://www.g96.com/products/gun-treatment/#

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

Posts: 99 | Location: United States windber, pa | Registered: 16 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrademarkTexan:
My favorite gun cleaner is Hornady One Shot HD Extreme. It is a great cleaner of carbon, oils, grease, etc, dries quickly and has proven to be an excellent lubricant and rust inhibitor.

Sadly, it has been discontinued. I bought some Ballistol and it seems ok but from what I have read it is not a good rust inhibitor. Any other recommendations?

Why the hell they did that?

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of horsedocak
posted Hide Post
Probably because it’s known by the State of California to cause cancer. Everything gun related likely is “known” by them to cause cancer!

Posts: 74 | Location: Alaska or Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We use it on our dart guns that are in very dusty conditions. And now Im looking for dry lube replacment as well.

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by horsedocak:
Probably because it’s known by the State of California to cause cancer. Everything gun related likely is “known” by them to cause cancer!

haha, yep!

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True that! I get my 50/50 roll solder for my business from Cal. + there are more warnings than lead. What a bunch of idiots.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of those guy will swear white bread is deadly, most of this stuff Ive used foe eons and I will have made it to 87 in Jan..

I did go cold turkey on using WIPE OUT for a chaser with my Tequila Almindrado with Sweet Soda and LIme Sundowner!! tu2 ...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Some of those guy will swear white bread is deadly, most of this stuff Ive used foe eons and I will have made it to 87 in Jan..

I did go cold turkey on using WIPE OUT for a chaser with my Tequila Almindrado with Sweet Soda and LIme Sundowner!! tu2 ...

i do PATRON and lime water with a half lime. Almindrado?

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote