The Accurate Reloading Forums
Replacement for Hornady One Shot HD Extreme

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/645100744/m/6461060852

14 March 2020, 23:04
TrademarkTexan
Replacement for Hornady One Shot HD Extreme
My favorite gun cleaner is Hornady One Shot HD Extreme. It is a great cleaner of carbon, oils, grease, etc, dries quickly and has proven to be an excellent lubricant and rust inhibitor.

Sadly, it has been discontinued. I bought some Ballistol and it seems ok but from what I have read it is not a good rust inhibitor. Any other recommendations?

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.
15 March 2020, 21:18
tdoyka
i use g96 triple action(clp) for REALLY cleaning my rifles. since i like to shoot(about 3 or 4 times a week), i use ballistol on the outsides of rifles.

http://www.g96.com/products/gun-treatment/#

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla
16 March 2020, 17:09
Jiri
quote:
Originally posted by TrademarkTexan:
My favorite gun cleaner is Hornady One Shot HD Extreme. It is a great cleaner of carbon, oils, grease, etc, dries quickly and has proven to be an excellent lubricant and rust inhibitor.

Sadly, it has been discontinued. I bought some Ballistol and it seems ok but from what I have read it is not a good rust inhibitor. Any other recommendations?

Why the hell they did that?
17 March 2020, 01:00
horsedocak
Probably because it’s known by the State of California to cause cancer. Everything gun related likely is “known” by them to cause cancer!
03 February 2021, 12:48
eny
We use it on our dart guns that are in very dusty conditions. And now Im looking for dry lube replacment as well.
05 February 2021, 23:51
ZekeShikar
quote:
Originally posted by horsedocak:
Probably because it’s known by the State of California to cause cancer. Everything gun related likely is “known” by them to cause cancer!

haha, yep!
24 February 2021, 10:00
NormanConquest
True that! I get my 50/50 roll solder for my business from Cal. + there are more warnings than lead. What a bunch of idiots.

Never mistake motion for action.
14 November 2021, 21:53
Atkinson
Some of those guy will swear white bread is deadly, most of this stuff Ive used foe eons and I will have made it to 87 in Jan..

I did go cold turkey on using WIPE OUT for a chaser with my Tequila Almindrado with Sweet Soda and LIme Sundowner!! tu2 ...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
11 December 2021, 17:02
john c.
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Some of those guy will swear white bread is deadly, most of this stuff Ive used foe eons and I will have made it to 87 in Jan..

I did go cold turkey on using WIPE OUT for a chaser with my Tequila Almindrado with Sweet Soda and LIme Sundowner!! tu2 ...

i do PATRON and lime water with a half lime. Almindrado?