THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN CLEANING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Cleaning Forum    Anyone tried "SeaFoam" Motor Treatment to remove carbon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone tried "SeaFoam" Motor Treatment to remove carbon?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The web page for Seafoam:
http://www.seafoamsales.com/mo...treatment/index.html

It supposed to remove carbon, with GM top engine cleaner being hard to get maybe this stuff will do the same job.

Posts: 308 | Location: Durham Region Ont. Canada | Registered: 17 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Does a fantastic job on freeing up engine parts like chokes, carbs, throttle cables and such. However, it is not much of a lubricant, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just depends on how you want to use it. For cleaning and removing gunk, I think it'd be great, but I'd clean all of the Seafoam and re-oil or grease before I was finished.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about cleaning guns, but pay attention to using too much in your gas tank, I knocked a hole in the head on an air cooled Kolher engine. Mad

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't know about cleaning guns, but pay attention to using too much in your gas tank, I knocked a hole in the head on an air cooled Kolher engine.

One can in about ten gallons of gas...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote