New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone try this borescope?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
No but it does look like it works well. That 300 RUM looks toasty.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fury01:
No but it does look like it works well. That 300 RUM looks toasty.

It is suppose to have only 400rds through it.It probably has less.I can't wait to look through my barrels and see what is going on.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And at 49 dollars, I just ordered 6!

Will let you know when I get them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Just ordered one as well,hope it works well.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered one. For 50 bucks why not.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I got mine,I am happy with it.

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
I got mine,I am happy with it.

Good to know.I am still waiting for mine and have no clue as to when it will arrive.Did you buy it through amazon or from the seller?

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I got mine through Amazon,I was surprised how quickly it was delivered.

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
My cleaned 30-06 looked like a copper mine with the bore scope. I'm not going to panic, it still shoots good. Doubles next.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to know.I can't wait till I get mine.I hope its not coming all the way from China and it takes ages.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got them today.

Very good.

For the price EXTREMELY good!

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geeez, that's a heck of a find. I forget what I paid for my Hawkeye Borscope back in the 90's but was easily 30X more expensive and the main reason why I do not travel with it or loan it out.

Just ordered three.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
OK,
Now that we got these scopes,can someone please post pictures of some barrels & explain what they are seeing so I can understand better what I am looking at? thanks,

Saeed,
maybe you can tell us of your pictures please?whats acceptable & whats a problem?

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe you can tell us of your pictures please?whats acceptable & whats a problem?

It's not a problem until accuracy fall off. Fouling, accuracy varies from gun to gun.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While useful to check fouling in the bore, borescopes are most useful to check and monitor throat erosion.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
While useful to check fouling in the bore, borescopes are most useful to check and monitor throat erosion.

What would that look like under the scope?

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the throat starts looking a lot like a freebore Weatherby chamber. Pitting, lands worn or eroded, and the sharpness of the end of the throat and beginning of the lands is smooth and/or gone.

You can monitor throat erosion with a Hornady Lock-N-Load OAL Gauge (formally the Stony Point Gauge) but it's nice to see it as well.

Depending on what the rest of the lands look like you can either decide to do a set-back or simply replace the whole poodle. Personally, I like new poodles. But replacing a barrel in some countries is a complicated and time consuming process so doing a set-back is a quicker solution.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I have seen a few bore videos on Youtube & these are good.

I am surprised at the number of tooling marks in the rifling.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine hasn't arrived yet.China post to Canada is very slow.I was however contacted by the maker/seller and they asked me if I had received it.They said it might have got lost and will send out another using faster shipping, at no cost.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the confirmation that a second one was sent via DHL.It won't be long before I get to see inside my bores.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I like this one very much.

The mirror at the end screws on, and one can adjust the focus - depending on the barrel diameter - by screwing that in or out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think my buddy bought a Lyman.
We looked down several of my rifles.
The original barrel on my 1917 Enfield
was alligatored clear to the muzzle.
I had it replaced.

Still shot fine, rifling so worn looking
down it naked eye it could barely be seen.
Though it looked shiney all the way.

I'm sure its had well over 10,000 rounds thru it
since I got the gun as a kid in 1957. I shot it
several times til if it had been dark the
barrel would have glowed pink. Several times
just touching it I got blistered fingers.
Dad said I should have had a blistered ass
for shooting it like that. Oh well!

Now it's new again.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday.

I used it in a few rifles.
One rifle had a bore full of what looked like small pot holes from muzzle to chamber.The chamber was full of these holes as well.This was one of two Pac-nor 458 Lotts.The other was good with only a few near the muzzle.I would like to know what caused these "pot holes"

Both my Searcy's looked very good.

The Douglas barrel on my Satterlee/Martini Lott looked excellent probably the best of all.

A Sako 300WM with a Krieger barrel looked very good except for about 2 inches of carbon just in front of the chamber.Same with a Winchester 300WM factory barrel that has stopped shooting.I wonder if it will shoot once I remove the carbon.

The mirror at the end of the borescope cable detached when the cable accidentally struck the floor.I had to glue it back on with black loctite.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got one of these. If you are even a little OCD about your gun cleaning I would stay away from them or you could end up spending a lot more time trying to get a barrel clean. I just looked at a pistol barrel that I had finished cleaning. To the eye it looked good but the camera showed gobs of lead in a few places. Now I get to do it all over. Throats in 'clean' revolver cylinders show lots of baked on crud. Well made rifle barrels look like the beautifully machined parts they are, average factory barrels show gross machine marks, pits and tend to look like sun baked dirt roads after a rain. I am now wondering if those machine marks in the throat area ever turn into stress cracks? It will be interesting to see if any of this really affects accuracy?
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got one.Man this thing is amazing.I checked a few of my factory barreled rifles.One had a lot of annular tool marks and was a bad copper collector.I had to fire lap this rifle to get it to shoot.It does shoot well now,but the crappy barrel explains why I had so much trouble with it.Then I checked out one of my PacNor barrels.Wow,what a beauty.That thing is so smooth.No wonder it shoots so well with low E.S.I highly recommend this tool.It is well worth the money.The detail is incredible.

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There are several makes sold on Amazon

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Beats the shit out of Gradient Lens scoped.

What I don’t understand why has gradient not caught up and offered something like this, instead of their relatively useless and very expensive product!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received mine about a month ago and have used in for six rifles. I am very satisfied with this bore scope. You can not beat it for the price.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I just got mine yesterday so I welcomed the new year by taking a look at a couple bores.

I’m astounded at the cost to value of this bore scope. I was able to see things in great detail.

My 270 Winchester(chrome lines Hi Standard barrel from the 1950s)showed a lot of fire checking in the throat but the bore looked a lot better than I had thought expected. It was interesting to see some tool marks that were left from sloppy work on the assembly line. I could see a couple of places in the chamber where gouges were left as the reamer was removed. Fascinating stuff! It has always been a finicky rifle but it shoots well with it’s preferred loads so I’m happy with it as is.

My 30-06 was the real eye opener. I had thought the bore was decent but the scope showed a fair amount of rust pitting(this is also a chrome lined Hi Standard barrel from the 1950s). The throat looked good, so it had not been shot a lot before I acquired it. The real eye opener is was the crown. To the naked eye it looks good but the scope showed that it is a mess. This rifle is not very accurate but it has been fine for hunting. Even so I’m going to have it recrowned soon just to see how much the accuracy will improve.

For kicks I also looked at the Lone Wolf barrel on my Glock 10mm. That thing is beautiful. Other than a ring of shiny spots on the lands just ahead of the chamber(from the pilot on the reamer I assume)the finish inside the barrel is perfect.

I wish I had had something like this for the past 25 years.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the WiFi one for $75. It is pretty cool.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

You would, being a Blaser lover!

You would not wish top be very close to it, that is why you got the wifi version! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

You would, being a Blaser lover!

You would not wish top be very close to it, that is why you got the wifi version! clap

I did check a few blaser barrels - they are perfect Big Grin

But I really need the WIFI version because I wanted to check under the air handler unit for my second floor ac unit. Kind of tough to do if you have a laptop attached to the end Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the flexible and rigid versions? I assume the flexible is what you want?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
What is the difference between the flexible and rigid versions? I assume the flexible is what you want?

Rigid is not as easy to use, as the eye piece is at the end of it.

Normally, flexible ones have a USB at the other end you attach to your computer and see on the screen.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed; I will order the flexible one.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I just got my $49.00 Teslong bore scope yesterday and love it, didn't realize some of the less expensive bore scope's could offer such clear pic's and video.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I'm not hearing/reading much on specific brands of borescopes. Anyone got specific recommendations as to which one is best in that 50-60 dollar price range?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
I'm not hearing/reading much on specific brands of borescopes. Anyone got specific recommendations as to which one is best in that 50-60 dollar price range?

Here they are. Take your pick.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I threw $50 at it.. works pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FipnBd1G1Y&t=29s

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote