Find
Notify
Tools

Eezox as a Solvent
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
Eezox seems to be highly regarded as a gun lubricant, but does anyone use it as a solvent? It says solvent, lubricant, rust protection on the can.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Eezox when hunting just an end of the day cleaner to offer protection. When I am doing an in depth cleaning, I use Hoppe's, Kroil and JB's, and then finish with a last coat of Eezox to protect the metal.

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
SD

I seem to recall that KROIL isn't protective (like oil). Past threads changed my own practices...

Barry

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barry,

You are 100% correct. I have corrected the post to read Eezox. About the time I was typing the last of that sentence, my darling wife came in looking for something and I lost my train of thought - easy to lose since it is so feeble.

Thanks for catching it for me.

SD

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote