Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Flammable, Non-Toxic, BIO CLP?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Trying to find a CLP that I can fly with. As it stands now, I take the separate Hoppe's Elite products when I travel (they all state they are non-flammable, biodegradable).

I don't want to use Frog Lube or anything like that. At one time Mpro 7 had a CLP that fit the bill, but can't find it anymore - even on their website.

Also looking for 1 oz or so bottles.

Any recommendations?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I was going to suggest Frog Lube. Curious as to why you do not want it? It meets your stated requirements. I use it and like it.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
I was going to suggest Frog Lube. Curious as to why you do not want it? It meets your stated requirements. I use it and like it.

I didn't like the thickness or greasiness - maybe it's because my only experience is with the wipes?

I was looking at this Frog Lube product: http://shop.froglube.com/FrogL...ze-tube-FLP-FLEX.htm

I also found these guys, appear to be a "finer liquid", but want a smaller bottle: http://www.sageandbraker.com/shop/clp

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
OK, that explains it.

FL CLP comes in two separate forms for different applications/preferences. I have and use both. It sounds like you need to get the FL CLP in the liquid v. paste form. The wipes are impregnated with the paste form. I have honestly found nothing to dislike about the FL products and the old complaint about cold weather has been addressed by FL and is no longer an issue. Since I no longer hunt in cold weather, this was never an issue for me.

You will find the FL website helpful and their customer service folks are very responsive and helpful. I give them my highest rating. For best results, follow their online instructions; thereafter cleaning/maintenance will be easy.

Although I have a collection of many firearms cleaning products I've acquired over the years, I have switched to FL exclusively for all my firearms, including my double rifles, and knives.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Good evening.

I have tried (and traveled with) Frog Lube as discussed earlier, Balistol, and many others. I have not found any one that works better than the other. I have attached some additional information.

http://grizzlyguncare.com/griz...n-toxic-clp-4-fl-oz/

http://www.tactical-life.com/g...ers/#twfm16-eco-lead

Safe travels..............Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote