New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comments Requested: Brake-Free Copper Removal Foam
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have you tried the Brake-Free copper removal foam and if so, do you recommend it?

Thanks a million.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have not tried the break free foam but have used the outers and wipeout both with good results so I would try the breakfree if its all that was on the shelf.
Hoggunner

Posts: 19 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks hoggunner.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find that all of the foaming bore cleaners except WipeOut are made by Milfoam, most are marked as such. Best buy I've seen is the 12oz Gunslick for $13, it doesn't work quite as well as WipeOut, but it's a lot cheaper and much easier to find.

http://www.milfoam.fi/

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do these products present any danger to the outside metal surfaces or stock (wood or synthetic)?

one of us
posted Hide Post
WipeOut has a warning that traditional oil and varnished surfaces can be harmed if not removed immediately, the other foams that I've used have no such warning.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrongtarget:
WipeOut has a warning that traditional oil and varnished surfaces can be harmed if not removed immediately, the other foams that I've used have no such warning.

I can back their claim, it is very hard on a oil finish Mad

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote