Cleaning Rods
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a bore-tech cleaning rod, it really is the rolls royce of cleaning rods

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used my old steel rod today at the range and realized that there is nothing that can compare to it.Congrats to pro-shot on an excellent cleaning rod.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to be the only one who mentioned using Bore Guides.

Does anyone else use them?

Personally I wouldnt be without them and they seem to be used by those fanatics of a clean barrel, bench shooters. I reckon whatever they do must be ok for my hunting & varmint rifles.

Posts: 197 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kiwi,everyone uses them.The bests ones are made by Sinclair.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using one piece polished steel rods for many years. Never have I experanced bore or crown damage. I simply use CLEAN equipment everytime, and the other two C's, care and caution. I ALWAYS use a properly fitting bore guide, with is also cleaned before every use.
Quality patch fabric that properly fits is a must too. A TOO tight fitting patch can cause flexing of the rod, in turn, the possiblity of "peening" the lands. I am cautious to some of the ammonia based solvents, and use only paste type cleaners like JB's for metal fouling.
I am addicted to Hoppes #9, not for the wonderful aroma, but because it works...SAFELY.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote