New
Find
Notify
Tools

?kg products?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been hearing about this kg1 and kg12 for a while and was wondering if it works as good as some of these peaple are saying. I've been using Montana X-treme for years and that seems to work great, but I know that it's a little tough on the bore. What do you guy think?

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
KG12 is the most unbelievable copper remover that I have ever used.

If I had to describe relative cleaning power I would say that 2 passes of KG12 will remove as much copper 8 or 10 passes of Sweets or Barnes Copper solvent, or 25 passes with Hoppes copper solvent.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
KG is all I want for normal cleaning. Might have to get Shooter's Choice out and JB every once and a while. Wipe-Out is a mess IMHO.

KG 1 for carbon after BoreTech Eliminator used up.
KG 3 solvent
KG 2 or 12 depending on copper amount

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I use KG-12 and it seems to work just fine! I also use Carbon Killer. A bit of Eezox to coat the barrel after I have cleaned and that's my barrel cleaning method.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank's guys I think i'll try the stuff out. This stuff don't come out blue like the other stuff so what color are you looking for, and do you guys use kg1 first than kg12?

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
It comes out brown, and flush it with Gun Scrubber, brake cleaner or other substitute for KG-3. Use a carbon remover first, KG-1 or others mentioned above. I use a loop rather than brushes/jags or plastic brush with a patch.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote