New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a nearly odor free lubricant?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been using Break Free CLP on my hunting revolvers. I strongly suspect most animals give me a wide berth because they detect the pungent aroma of Break Free. What comparably effective lubricant is nearly odor free?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
If they smell your gun oil, likely they can also smell you. I wouldn`t sweat it too much.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graphite and molybdenum disulfide have no smell but are a bit messy.I use Mobil DTE which has very little smell. Mobil # 1 works well with little smell...But Ol'Joe will smell pretty bad if he smokes, uses after shave,'body scent', soaps with perfume, smell from the woodstove , and those women he's been with !! animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Graphite and molybdenum disulfide have no smell but are a bit messy.I use Mobil DTE which has very little smell. Mobil # 1 works well with little smell...But Ol'Joe will smell pretty bad if he smokes, uses after shave,'body scent', soaps with perfume, smell from the woodstove , and those women he's been with !! animal
Thanks for the information. I'm primarily a bow hunter. My body odors are as under control as can occur. My arthritis is getting the whip hand, so I'm going to create an optional hunting season. If I have no problem smelling lubricants, it must be equivalent to Bhopal's cyanide smell for elk and deer.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote