Find
Notify
Tools

Best thing since sliced bread
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
I have got to get the word out to those who have not tried it yet! ShootRs Wipeout is an excellent product!

I bought a Winchester 1894 a few months back and I would clean it but I still thought it may have had many years of improper cleaning practice, even though the gun shoots true.

Picture of the rifle before the cleaning

I was looking around trying to figure out who my first candidate would be to try Wipeout on, and decided on the levergun.

I applied the wipeout as the instructions tell to, approximately 40 minutes ago, and plan on pulling it out in a few hours. But I am already noticing the foam turning blue and pulling the stuff out of the barrel!

Here is a picture of the progress, 40 minutes in, I wiped some of the excess foam with a paper towel

I cannot wait to try this product out on all of my other rifles!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I swear by it!
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Been using it for several years. NOTHING does a better job on copper with so little effort.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I couldn't wait!

Barrel is bright and shiny like it should be, and im ready to try it on more guns!

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try leaving it overnight. You might be even more surprised! I have been using this stuff for several years and I tell everyone about it. But, there always seems to be a few stubborn detractors out there who actually enjoy scrubbing away for hours with all manner of concoctions.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Where can you get this stuff? My local stores(Cabelas and Sportsmans) don't have it.

Posts: 20 | Location: Pleasant Grove, Utah | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway carries it.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Brian 2 - I ordered it from Midway, I also cannot get it locally. It is money well spent though, the bore on that .30-30 is excellent now, and I am on my second load of this stuff in my .30-06! I can't wait to see how she comes out.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?s...id=784639&t=11082005

Justin

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Brian,
Both parent companies have it and it should be a simple matter to get some in your stores. Talk to the General Manager, not a Dept Mgr.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I've found that on some occasions, depending on the amount of bullets down the barrel, I'll need almost a whole can of this great stuff before the barrel is clean.

Amazing.

And I ALWAYS brush the bores, eventhough they say you don't need to.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got some at midway....thanks to this post....and I love this stuff!

thanks

Posts: 155 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AMRA
posted Hide Post
Did you spray it down the muzzle? I would be worried it would get in the the action of my Winchester 1895 405 WCF. But I would like to try it the Hoppes #9 is not getting all the fouling out for me any more.
AMRA

Posts: 84 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used "wipe out" for a few years now and it is amazing stuff for removing COPPER. As for carbon, it does not remove it very well. I used it exclusively for a while and noticed accuracy starting to drop off in my varmint rifles. I did another bout with wipe out (I always leave it overnight), and patched it out till dry and appeared clean. Just for the hell of it I figured I would give it a good scrubbing with some "butches bore shine". I could not believe all of the black crud that came out. After a good scrubbing, back to the range and lo and behold accuracy was back. So for me wipe out is used first to remove copper, and then I use butches bore shine to remove everything else.

Savage Vaporizer

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A little yankee engineering and common sense is all it takes to apply foams from the chamber end of any firearm without making a mess.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/645100744/m/677109537

There are better carbon cleaners available, I use both foam and Hoppe's Elite cleaner, others use GM TEC or Slip2000

http://www.6mmbr.com/borecleaning.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm also a huge fan of Wipeout. Learned about it on this forum and just finished cleaning my 338 WM after some range time today. Intended to leave it in the barrel overnight but the barrel came clean afer one application and 3 hours. Simply awesome stuff!

Posts: 443 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I question the whole copper cleaning routine. I've stripped barrels with 28% arsenal solution, which makes commercial copper removers seem like cologne.The barrels usually need to have the copper put back in before they shoot again. High grade barrels are less suseptible to this, but that's because they have next to nothing in them in the first place. Did they need cleaning? Most commercial copper solvents leave a great deal of copper in the barrel, which is easily proven by using the arsenal dope on a patch afterwards. If the reason for taking out the copper is to try to preserve the barrel, most are wasting their time. No use in taking part of it out.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote