The Accurate Reloading Forums
Rem 40-X Bore Cleaner

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/645100744/m/303101989

18 December 2008, 02:47
FC363
Rem 40-X Bore Cleaner
Does anyone have experience with this cleaner? If so, how did it work?
29 December 2008, 21:45
KYODE
i use it i my TC handgun barrels and it is super! n maybe one of the best kept secrets out there.
greatly decreases # of patches needed before you get clean ones.

TC ~ XP ~ Ruger
14 January 2009, 07:54
FC363
I used it to clean 2 handguns today. A 44Magnum shooting full power cast bullet loads, and a .380 Auto with around 100rds fired in it. Both were fouled with powder and bullet material. I wrapped a nylon brush with a patch and commenced.

Both barrels were completely cleaned and had a fine polish to them. Very easy to use and clean up too.
15 January 2009, 06:03
Ol` Joe
I`ve heard it is the old "Rem Clean" renamed. If so it is good stuff, be aware it is abrasive though.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

27 January 2009, 08:11
308Sako
And before it was Rem Clean it was Gold Medallion, a wonderful product and still is one of the best.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.
28 January 2009, 02:13
Alberta Canuck
I haven't tried the new "40-X" but acording to a writer-chemist whose work I once read in Precision Shooting, the old "Rem-Clean" contained the same soft abrasive found in J-B Bore Paste. The difference reportedly was that in Rem-Clean the material was suspended in an oil base, while in J-B it was suspended in a grease. Supposedly, the abrasive was about the same grit and hardness (and broke down just as quickly) as the grit in toothpaste.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.