THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN CLEANING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Cleaning Forum    Use of old cotton bed sheets for cleaning patches, etc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use of old cotton bed sheets for cleaning patches, etc.
 Login/Join

posted
For years I have used old bed sheets that had gotten too worn out for sleeping. You can cut them to size for either muzzle loader patches, muzzle cleaning patches, or general rags with a scissors. The polyester sheets don't work, use cotton.

This has saved me alot on commercial cleaning supplies, and uses up an old sheet.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Me too. I also use the PArker Hale type jags and they are awesome!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
pillow ticking...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I buy muslin by the bolt at the sewing shop and cut to 4" squares for shotguns and pistols...rifles get commercial (Sinclair) cut patches.

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use old tee shirts, never a shortage of them.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Stepchild 2

+1 Wink

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote