New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Cleaning: Combining KG 1 with KG 12
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The other recent thread re combining cleaning products prompted me to post this question.

My usual bore cleaning products are KG 1 ( carbon fouling )and KG 12 ( copper fouling ). Both very effective and I always use separately so my cleaning procedure is two stages. I am wondering if anyone else using these products has combined them and found a reduction in overall cleaning time for the same end result ?
I am very tempted to go ahead and try anyway but would appreciate the experience of anyone who has already done so. Thankyou in anticipation.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2012 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KG produce SF112 witch is a combination of KG1 & 12. As to if its as effective combined i have no idea.

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that product mention Faisal. I could not find any reference to it on their website so emailed an enquiry. It sounds like it might be the way to go.

Posts: 2012 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
where does one find either or both? seems like i googled em some time ago and went to a site (theirs)?but they wanted the same amount to ship as was the cost of the product if memory serves. sounds like good stuff though.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
where does one find either or both? seems like i googled em some time ago and went to a site (theirs)?but they wanted the same amount to ship as was the cost of the product if memory serves. sounds like good stuff though.

Midway carries it, as does Brownell's.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
sounds like good stuff though.

From my experience over several years... Both KG-1 and KG-12 are very good. Other carbon removal products may be close or even equivalent in effect to KG-1 but nevertheless I rate KG-1 among the best I have used. However nothing else I have used beats KG-12 for removing copper fouling. This is, hands down, the best and fastest product to get a copper fouled bore back to clean steel with absolutely no risk of reacting with bore metal. During a cleaning session I have found that patching and brushing gets it done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:

Midway carries it, as does Brownell's.

last time i checked, they carried one but not both. have to look again.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just looked. midway doesn't carry SF 112. and Core (?) solutions sells a small btl for $12 BUT $16 shipping.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got some good info and confirmation out of this thread. Thanks to all.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I use KG SF 112 since 2014. As I wrote many times on this forum here and there, it is not maybe as fast copper remover as KG 12 or as fast carbon remover as KG 1, but it keeps cleaning simple, especially while copper/carbon fouling occurs each on other.

As I am from Europe, I ordered mine from UK.
Not available here.

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed KG asking about SF-112 which they say is a product developed for the UK Special Forces ( hence SF ? ). Apparently it's not sold in the USA. I would like to try it but it's impractical for me to obtain from the UK. They say it's not the same as a combination of KG-1 and KG-12 but I think I'll try mixing these two anyway to see if it reduces my overall cleaning time.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
I emailed KG asking about SF-112 which they say is a product developed for the UK Special Forces ( hence SF ? ). Apparently it's not sold in the USA. I would like to try it but it's impractical for me to obtain from the UK. They say it's not the same as a combination of KG-1 and KG-12 but I think I'll try mixing these two anyway to see if it reduces my overall cleaning time.

What about order from Canada?
http://www.4gt.ca/kg-industrie...-copper-remover-4oz/

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about order from Canada?

Jiri, thankyou, you may have provided a solution for me. I will be in BC, Canada by the end of April and if my friend there is OK with it I could purchase some online from NZ and have it shipped to him. I would take it home when I fly back to NZ.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
30.06king

You are welcome.