THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN CLEANING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Cleaning Forum    Wanted: Giant Chemical Company to Step up and produce product.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Giant Chemical Company to Step up and produce product.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wanted: Giant well known chemical company to step up and produce product.

I need a firearm bore cleaning chemical to remove copper bullet jacket fouling, nitro powder fouling, lead fouling and plastic wad fouling.

Please accompany the product with a truthfull advertizing that shows actual micro photos of before and after cleaning taken from a borescope.

No basement bath tub chemist need apply.

The need for such a product is very real, just review the various post on the this forum to see how some people claim a product works only to have someone else refute the claim.
Perhaps a simple prove it your self penny test. "Drop a new penny into an ounce of our solvent and watch it turn to lace before the day is done".

No two part solvent system please.

No need to mix it with any other product to "really make work".

Don't pack the solvent in a plastic bottle and claim it eats plastic wad fouling.

Don't make a product the stinks so bad a deer hunter would not use it.

Foaming aerosols are nice but mail ordering aerosols need UPS shipping not everyone loves UPS.

No Americana western sounding product name please. This solvent will be sold around the world and there are plenty of fouled firearms in major cities all over the world.

All packaged in a easy to use refillable dispenser.

Market the product under the manufactures name "giant chemical Co. Perfect Bore Cleaner".

Posts: 308 | Location: Durham Region Ont. Canada | Registered: 17 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People in hell want ice water too.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wanted, Giant arms manufacture to produce a domestic rifle of a single caliber capable of killing mice without harming their fine little hides and at the same time, this rifle/caliber combination must be able to kill elephants, even when shot badly.

This rifle must have zero recoil, zero muzzle blast, negating the necessity of ear protection.

This new caliber must shoot flat enough to hit prairie dogs out to a 1000 yards, and hit hard enough at that distance to knock a elephant off its feet, even when hit in the tail.

No custom rifle makers or wildcatters with an idea and ambition need apply.

Note to greenjoy: You’ve been living in The Great Northern Liberal Utopia way too long. There is no Utopist cleaner on the market, on the horizon, or over the horizon waiting for some genius to discover. Oops, forgot, geniuses need not apply. The ambitions with an idea and a better product need not apply. Utopia has no room for their kind, Utopia only has room for Giant Chemical Companies.

No combination of chemicals will do what you suggest, and none ever will. The right combination of chemicals in a gas chamber gets the job done, but has limited practical use outside that chamber. The same can hold true for chemicals that dissolve plastic wadding and copper. In bore cleaning, like in government, Utopia is not an option.

warthog1134.com

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenjoy:
Perfect Bore Cleaner".

Hey I've got quite a few different brands that claim just about all you want.
Till you read the fine print or try 'em out.

One is G96 COMPLETE GUN TREATMENT. (Says "does all three, Cleans, Lubs,Protects."
And smells nice enough too.

"Contains solvents which will completely remove all traces of rust, gun powder, leading, and corrosion in seconds."

What's missing? Oh yeah. Doesn't mention copper removal. A small matter really. Smiler

Still, if we can mix it in a blender with that HellHog new stuff?

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JAL, perhaps your post about mixing different claeners was in jest. I hope do. DON'T mix different cleaners. Mixing the wrong combination of cleaners creates an acid that will destroy your barrel.

warthog1134.com

one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
No combination of chemicals will do what you suggest, and none ever will. The right combination of chemicals in a gas chamber gets the job done, but has limited practical use outside that chamber. The same can hold true for chemicals that dissolve plastic wadding and copper. In bore cleaning, like in government, Utopia is not an option.

This must mean that warthog is no better than any other cleaner. According to you, if it hasn't already been invented, it's not going to be. It's a wonder Wipeout wasn't invented in the 70's. Thanks for clearing that up.

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogerK:
JAL, perhaps your post about mixing different claeners was in jest. I hope do. DON'T mix different cleaners. Mixing the wrong combination of cleaners creates an acid that will destroy your barrel.

Take a look at his requirements again he doesn't mention not eating his barrel.

Try 90% sulphuric acid, it will work as you've requested.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
JAL, perhaps your post about mixing different claeners was in jest. I hope do. DON'T mix different cleaners. Mixing the wrong combination of cleaners creates an acid that
will destroy your barrel.

Hell I knew that,from cleaning the house toilet bowl. It was actually my son that blew the bowl to bits with a bunger. Boy, was I proud of him, but I didn't let it show of course.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:

Take a look at his requirements again he doesn't mention not eating his barrel.

Try 90% sulphuric acid, it will work as you've requested.

I don't get it??

warthog1134.com

one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
Roger

First of all Greenjoy's original post was a joke.....meaning he wasn't serious. Evidently you "didn't get it" from the beginning, as evidence by the quote....

"You’ve been living in The Great Northern Liberal Utopia way too long."

Second, Fjold's comment was also a joke, meaning that greenjoy didn't state in his " giant chenmical company gun cleaner" that eating the barrel wasn't an option. He was basically suggesting that dumping straight sulfuric acid down the barrel would remove all fouling as requested.

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pretty sure you are the only person to ever think of doing this!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neverflinch:
Roger

First of all Greenjoy's original post was a joke.....meaning he wasn't serious. Evidently you "didn't get it" from the beginning, as evidence by the quote....

"You’ve been living in The Great Northern Liberal Utopia way too long."

Second, Fjold's comment was also a joke, meaning that greenjoy didn't state in his " giant chenmical company gun cleaner" that eating the barrel wasn't an option. He was basically suggesting that dumping straight sulfuric acid down the barrel would remove all fouling as requested.

When you go into the bore cleaner business like I did, you get a little touchy about somebody mixing bore cleaners; your own, or the competition. However, I am sort of in love with the phrase, "Great Northern Liberal Utopia."

warthog1134.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,why don't you introduce a low power solvent for light jobs like SC and Butche's ?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Roger,why don't you introduce a low power solvent for light jobs like SC and Butche's ?

Since we are in total contol of the manufacturing process, we can mix special orders as light as the customer wants. Use the E-mail on our web site to specify a lighter solvent and we will accomodate. DON'T use the order page for this special. E-mail first at rogerk@warthog1134.com and we will get back to you on the special order. The order will cost less.

warthog1134.com