ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal
Do us all a favour. Delete the whole thread as it’s now bordering on ridiculous!!!!

As it’s your thread , you can shut it down.

Our host will no doubt continue on his agenda in some other way shape or form, but it’s his perogative as it’s his site......

For my own 2 cents worth I believe your hunt was legal no question in that.
Sullivan is free to join any safari in any African country as long as a licensed PH is present. Ive seen this situation commonly in places like Zim., Namibia and Moz.

Lots of SA PHS bring clients to these countries and have local PHs on the hunt to satisy the legal position

This is totally legal.

Remuneration isn’t even relevant as most hunts are paid into US accounts and then funds remitted to Africa from the booking agent etc.

I’m sure Sullivan isn’t paid In Africa for anything so there is no issue with any countries laws re work visas, licensee etc.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

PS I’ve never meet Sullivan or Cal so only comment on this objectively from my experiences hunting Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
Cal
Do us all a favour. Delete the whole thread as it’s now bordering on ridiculous!!!!

As it’s your thread , you can shut it down.

Our host will no doubt continue on his agenda in some other way shape or form, but it’s his perogative as it’s his site......

For my own 2 cents worth I believe your hunt was legal no question in that.
Sullivan is free to join any safari in any African country as long as a licensed PH is present. Ive seen this situation commonly in places like Zim., Namibia and Moz.

Lots of SA PHS bring clients to these countries and have local PHs on the hunt to satisy the legal position

This is totally legal.

Remuneration isn’t even relevant as most hunts are paid into US accounts and then funds remitted to Africa from the booking agent etc.

I’m sure Sullivan isn’t paid In Africa for anything so there is no issue with any countries laws re work visas, licensee etc.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

PS I’ve never meet Sullivan or Cal so only comment on this objectively from my experiences hunting Africa

It gets better and better.

More shady ways posted for all to see how Mark Sullivan circumvents laws in both South Africa and America!

I wonder if working illegally in another country, in the hunting industry, warrants a look from certain laws in the US?

Laws that are known to be rather tough to deal with!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What US laws re remuneration from O/S work are you referring to?

Saeed, I’ve just stated my opinion on the legitimacy of Cals hunt.

I respect that you have a different opinion, based on your own ideas.

I’ve just based mine on what I’ve read here and my understanding of the safari industry in some southern African countries.

I am sure you agree that Sullivan was licenced in Tanzania so hunts there were legal.

It is fact that no one but a South African citizen can hold PH licence in South Africa

I don’t believe that anything precludes someone attending some one else’s safari

I don’t really care much about what Sullivan does etc. there are certainly more pressing things around at the moment than to be worrying about Sullivan and whether he’s broken tax laws in the US....

Who are we to assume or care at all anyway??? It’s the IRS problem I guess.

I’m hoping to get back to Africa sooner rather than later to keep hunting!!

thats my mission statement !

None of us are getting any younger!!!!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
What US laws re remuneration from O/S work are you referring to?

Saeed, I’ve just stated my opinion on the legitimacy of Cals hunt.

I respect that you have a different opinion, based on your own ideas.

I’ve just based mine on what I’ve read here and my understanding of the safari industry in some southern African countries.

I am sure you agree that Sullivan was licenced in Tanzania so hunts there were legal.

It is fact that no one but a South African citizen can hold PH licence in South Africa

I don’t believe that anything precludes someone attending some one else’s safari

I don’t really care much about what Sullivan does etc. there are certainly more pressing things around at the moment than to be worrying about Sullivan and whether he’s broken tax laws in the US....

Who are we to assume or care at all anyway??? It’s the IRS problem I guess.

I’m hoping to get back to Africa sooner rather than later to keep hunting!!

thats my mission statement !

None of us are getting any younger!!!!

I am particularly talking about Mark Sullivan, and his agent Sean.

Both unashamedly advertise hunts with Mark Sullivan.

Anyone with an IQ 10 would assume that Mark Sullivan is legally permitted to conduct hunts in South Africa.

No one I know would take it for granted that, as advertised, Mark Sullivan is being covered by another, unnamed, professional hunter, to meet local requirements.

I have said it before, Cal has not done anything wrong.

But both Sean and Mark Sullivan have lied about their hunts.

Right from day one, anything to do with Mark Sullivan has had a big question mark against.

Frankly, I could not careless about him, or any crook in the hunting industry, until they try to use AR to sell their ILLEGAL hunts here.

Whether you accept it as legal, that is your choice.

But as far as I am concerned, this whole venture is ILLEGAL, UNETHICAL AND CRIMINAL!

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
WR500:
I am really weak in computer skills. How do I shut the thread down? Is the entire thread erased or can I set it so no more posts? I would like to keep it up and let it move down the thread listings until it goes away.
I clicked the buttons at the top of the page but none say shut down.
Thanks,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

But as far as I am concerned, this whole venture is ILLEGAL, UNETHICAL AND CRIMINAL!

So basically, even though it is certified as a legal hunt (that is an actual fact) you have been arguing to the contrary all this time because of an opinion on your part rather than actual facts?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Cal.

you have the option on the first page, your first post.

the erase button on the bottom right. Click it.

a pop up window opens up make it bigger to see the options on the left side.

then on the left hand side part way down there is a "option button". click it.

go down to the close topic line and click it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:

So basically, even though it is certified as a legal hunt (that is an actual fact) you have been arguing to the contrary all this time because of an opinion on your part rather than actual facts?

Great question, regarding FACTS.

Can you tell me what job you do?

How do you actually earn your living?

Are you a lawyer?

Let us assume that you are.

If you go to another country, can you practice law in that country without obtaining the necessary operating licenses?

Let us forget about another country.

Are you allowed to open a law office without the necessity of obtaining a license issued in the State you will open your office?

Please enlighten us.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Earlier you tried to compare it to a surgeon practicing medicine elsewhere as well. That's a straw man argument and you are deflecting.

The fact is by RSA law an RSA PH has to take responsibility for the hunt and be present. That was done, and the authorities have concurred in writing that that the hunt was legal.

Instead of Mark Sullivan Bubba from Tennessee could have led the hunt and it still would have been legal.

As others have stated that is common practice where a PH from one country takes their client to another and as long as the other country's licensed PH is present they can conduct the hunt alongside. I think the example was RSA PHs taking clients to Zimbabwe and conducting hunts with the Zimbabwean PHs being present.

Now, would I pay 10K+ (or whatever amount) to hunt an ear tagged buffalo with anyone? No, I would not but that is not what we are debating.

Again let me remind you that in the initial thread you linked for the advertisement it was stated that a South African PH would be present and other PHs from South Africa wished them luck once that was clarified.

AT SCI convention this year a hunt WITH Donald Trump Jr. was auctioned off. No one was under the illusion that he would be THE PH only that he would be there.

I know English is not a precise language, but WITH does not mean CONDUCTED BY.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Earlier you tried to compare it to a surgeon practicing medicine elsewhere as well. That's a straw man argument and you are deflecting.

The fact is by RSA law an RSA PH has to take responsibility for the hunt and be present. That was done, and the authorities have concurred in writing that that the hunt was legal.

Instead of Mark Sullivan Bubba from Tennessee could have led the hunt and it still would have been legal.

As others have stated that is common practice where a PH from one country takes their client to another and as long as the other country's licensed PH is present they can conduct the hunt alongside. I think the example was RSA PHs taking clients to Zimbabwe and conducting hunts with the Zimbabwean PHs being present.

Now, would I pay 10K+ (or whatever amount) to hunt an ear tagged buffalo with anyone? No, I would not but that is not what we are debating.

Again let me remind you that in the initial thread you linked for the advertisement it was stated that a South African PH would be present and other PHs from South Africa wished them luck once that was clarified.

AT SCI convention this year a hunt WITH Donald Trump Jr. was auctioned off. No one was under the illusion that he would be THE PH only that he would be there.

I know English is not a precise language, but WITH does not mean CONDUCTED BY.

Keep trying to split hairs as much as you like.

When an advert is placed offering a hunt with some, how would you understand it as a paying client?

Would accept the fact that when you arrive there, a different hunter than the one you have booked to hunt with is going to be guiding you?

Mark Sullivan is working illegally conducting hunts in South Africa.

HE IS NOT LEGALLY LICENSED to guide paying clients.

The booking agent, and the owners of the farm, are complicit in this utter stupid and illegal venture.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got the following message from a member.

“Saeed, I am unaware of any country allowing a foreign national to work in any job without a proper permit. And one is only allowed to work within the limitations of that permit”

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Reality is companies send out consultants from a few weeks to a month or more to other countries to assist clients. For such a small duration of time no one bothers with a work permit.

If one really needed a work permit for doing ANY business in a country then the world would stop. By your logic if I send a sales guy to Japan for a presentation he would need a work permit as he is "working".

I agree if one is going to become a resident and work in a country for a long duration they would need the appropriate work permit.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Keep trying to split hairs as much as you like.

When an advert is placed offering a hunt with some, how would you understand it as a paying client?..

First, splitting hairs is how one complies with legalities. In this case the LETTER of the law was met regardless of how you might feel.

Second, The advertisement you linked did say a South African PH would be present. So, as a client I would inquire about the role of each person. In this case Cal was the client and he seems happy and satisfied about his hunt.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
What is being left out of the converstion about Mark is he was not paid. He had an agreement between friends (land owner) and he received no compensation from me--no salary and no tip. The same for another hunter that was in camp and also took a buffalo.

To reply to the above post about the lawyer. Yes if a lawyer moved to another state or country he would need a permit to practice law. However if the attorney was visiting a friend who was also an attorney and he offered suggestions on a pending case or situation and acted informally and without pay, no permit would be required.

One other thing, Tanks, is we must remember Saeed as consumed with hatred for Mark and all those who associate with him. It has been brewing for a decade and the intensity of his anger grows with each thread or post. It matters not the situation: Mark and those that associate with him are guilty.

I've really neve seen anything like this in all my years. There is, I'm sure, a deep seated psychological reason for the 1500 (honestly!) anti-Mark posts that basically same the same thing over and over. While I don't know the reason and never will, I also don't know what Saeed's desired outcome he wishes for. He will reply to this as he must have the last word. It is really quite sad. We all disagree to one extent or another and many here express disagreement with Mark's style. But nothing comes close to Saeed's obsession--and an obsession it is.

A fine gent here offered to pay for a hunt so Saeed could spend time with Mark to get the real picture. Saeed declined.

I have been at fault with some of my comments to Saeed and my parody did step over the line but here on AR all things pass and members who spit at each other at times are civil when another topic arises. Not so with Saeed and this topic. Of the 493 replies to date, 1/3 are Saeed stating the same thing: he is guilty!

I look forward to my next chat or hunt with Mark and I also look forward to meeting Saeed in person some day.

All this said, let the fireworks begin (or continue).
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey this post is getting really stupid? How about focusing on real issues like the moronic Democrap mayors in our cities letting them burn then asking the Fed govt to bail them out. You know real issues

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:
Hey this post is getting really stupid? How about focusing on real issues like the moronic Democrap mayors in our cities letting them burn then asking the Fed govt to bail them out. You know real issues

I think Mark Sullivan will make a great politician.

He does not know the meaning of the word TRUTH.

He is selfish, and only cares about his sick ego.

He will fit perfectly in any of the current two parties ruling America!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got the following from a friend in South Africa.

Cal,

What work permit does Mark Sullivan hold in South Africa??

No, a tourist visa enables you to travel to South Africa for holiday and/or business purposes only. Business is considered as meetings, interviews, signing of contracts, training or conferences. If you are required to conduct short term work, you are required to apply for a short-term work visa.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got the following from a friend in South Africa.

Cal,

What work permit does Mark Sullivan hold in South Africa?

No, a tourist visa enables you to travel to South Africa for holiday and/or business purposes only. Business is considered as meetings, interviews, signing of contracts, training or conferences. If you are required to conduct short term work, you are required to apply for a short-term work visa.

Saeed:
Ja Shit Man, you must be the slowest or dumbest person I have encountered. Your endless quesstions have been answered numerous times in the past 13 pages. For the last time: I have never asked about, or to see, the licenses or permits of anyone I have met on my hunts to Africa or elsewhere. I don't believe you or anyone does, either. And, for the last time, I didn't pay Mark any salary or tip. He was there as a friend to both myself and the ranch owner.

End of story. I'm done (for now). Spew your hate to another--a hate that begins of great jealousy you have for a many who you can't equal in any area; except in wealth where you have everything money can buy.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK.
Enough.
Just shut the fuck up now Cal.
You’ve turned into a rude little prick .

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
OK.
Enough.

Sorry, Ridgeman. At times I slip out of frustration. You have my apology. However, when it comes to rudeness, insults, and the number of posts thereof, I lag far behind our imperial host.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Please do us all a favor and delete this post as you promised, Cal. Seriously.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

I don't see the button. I'm very weak at computer stuff.

I think I asked a couple of questions, rather than make a promise. Perhaps a moderator can stop further posts and it will move to page 2 an be gone.
C

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
OK.
Enough.

Sadly, some people cannot help showing their true colors given enough time.

We have a proverb describing people like Cal.

"I tell him it is a he goat, and he keeps repeating let us milk it"

He is doing a grand job of that, showing both his own colors and his stupid, unprofessional, illegal working hero.

I got another message from the friend that sent me what I had posted regarding working in South Africa.

He said he got that from the government website.

A visitor to the country CANNOT WORK.

In any form or shape.

If he wants to work, he has to obtain a permit that allows him to do that particular job.

Nothing else.

Mark Sullivan, Sean and you have been trying to promote - with hunts reports and videos - a sick man who has never acted as a professional hunter.

An idiot who is so fake his only objective in life was self promotion.

He wasted no time putting everyone, including his paying clients, and professional hunters, down.

You, however, seem to take the cake as far as incredible stupidity is.

You asked for this thread before you went on your so called "hunt".

You came here and posted that you were going on a buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan.

As he is working and conducting hunts in South Africa.

You specifically wrote that you hope your "hunt" report will be allowed on AR, and that I would not deleted it, or ban you.

I left it to you.

You posted your promotional ass licking sort of hero worship report.

Both you and Sean have posted that Mark Sullivan DOES NOT HOLD A PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS LICENSE in South Africa.

What the hell is he legally authorized to do in South Africa then?

Himself, Sean and you, have clearly shown that HE IS WORKING AS A PROFESSIONAL HUNTER.

It might help if you manage to extricate your head from his rear end and ask him what he is legally permitted in South Africa.

That is all we want to know.

One simple question.

Below is the advert from his like minded, illegal selling, crook, avoid at any cost, booking agent.

Now, this is a question to everyone here.

Reading the below advert, would any of you ever get the notion that you will be guided by anyone else but Mark Sullivan?

DIIZCHE SAFARI ADVENTURES

South Africa Buffalo Safari: With Legendary Professional Hunter Mark Sullivan-Only 10 Hunts for 2017.

Whatever animal you hunt, wherever in the world you hunt, around every campfire the name Mark Sullivan is sure to be spoken. Mark has written and published two remarkable books; “Death and Double Rifles” and “Fear No Death!” Both considered classics and beyond reproach. He has produced 14 documentary movies on hunting dangerous game. Mark has been a professional hunter in Tanzania, East Africa for the past 27 years, and still hunts there every year. His clientele list is second to none. So why is Mark hunting South Africa?

Because for many, the cost of hunting buffalo in Tanzania has become so expensive that Mark wants to share his hunting and his stories with as many people as he can before he retires. So now, for the first time, you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH* on your very own 1X1 safari at a fraction of the cost!
INCLUDED with Every Hunt!
1. Signed limited edition leather bound book “Death and Double Rifles!” A $300 value.
2. Two of Mark’s DVDs. A $100 value.
3. Each client will be given the opportunity to shoot Mark’s personal .577 Nitro Express double rifle. The one he uses on safari. One shot – one time! Value: A memory that will last your lifetime!
4. Signed autographed 8X10 photograph of your trophy with Mark, framed.
Value: Priceless!

Now is the time to reserve your safari of a lifetime and hunt with the man himself. Make no mistake, hunting with Mark is an adventure of a lifetime. Not only will you have a great hunt but hanging around Mark is an experience you have to see to believe. He will keep you laughing and entertained from sunup to sunset. You will come away with a unique perspective as to the proper way to hunt dangerous game as told by a true living legend. Mark doesn’t cut corners and will give 100% to this hunt just as he does for every hunt. Mark is branching out and is now guiding in Alaska for big brown bears and in Mexico for huge Mule deer bucks. Just how many more years Mark will hunt Africa is anyone’s guess. All we can say is Mark has committed to us for this year and we’re happy to have him. Sign up today…you’ll be glad you did!

Total Cost 1X1 Safari with Mark Sullivan:
$12,500.00 USD (Under 40” Bull), $15,000.00 USD (40” and larger Bull)

What’s Included in Your Safari:
1. 4 nights, 3 full days of hunting 1X1 with Mark Sullivan*
2. Daily rate, 1 buffalo trophy fee, hunting license (excludes cities),
permits, and taxes
3. Services of a proper hunting car
4. Trained staff
5. All lodging at Haakdoorn Beleggings, meals, drinks, bottled water,
soft drinks, beer and wine
6. Daily laundry service
7. Field preparation of trophy including salting of hide
8. FREE ground transportation from O.R. Tambo International
Airport & return. That’s seven hours of free driving!!!

One FREE Observer!
We are pleased to invite one free observer as our guest with every hunter! We know how important a companion is to the success and enjoyment of a safari and we welcome you to bring one along with you. For each additional observer the cost is $150 USD per day.

What’s Not Included in Your Safari:
1. Taxidermy costs
2. Rifle import charges
3. Dipping, packing, and shipping charges
4. Airport and related charges
5. Transport costs outside of the hunting area or in addition to O.R.
Tambo International Airport & return
6. Sightseeing trips or related costs
7. Hotel costs before and after the safari
8. All personal expenses (gifts, etc.)
9. Hire of firearms and ammunition
10. Gratuities to PH and other staff

When and Where?
All hunts will be conducted beginning June 01, 2017 and concluded on July 20, 2017.

The property where the hunts will be conducted is approximately 14,000 acres in the Limpopo Province. Camp has a nice atmosphere with great staff and excellent food. Hunting packages include all of the conveniences one would expect and are detailed below. Hunters will be sleeping in very nice tents with air conditioning.

Big, Hard-Headed Bulls!
These safaris will be conducted in the traditional manner of spot and stalk. Once the buffalo has been spotted the hunt will be conducted on foot. Clients can expect to shoot big, hard-headed bulls.

12 Different Plains Game!
Mark will be happy to guide you for these great trophies as well!

Common blesbuck, Cape eland, giraffe, red hartebeest, impala, greater kudu, Nyala, sable, warthog, waterbuck, blue wildebeest, and zebra.

Trophy price list is available on request.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

I don't see the button. I'm very weak at computer stuff.

I think I asked a couple of questions, rather than make a promise. Perhaps a moderator can stop further posts and it will move to page 2 an be gone.
C

You can only edit your post for a few days after posting it.

Once a certain period has passed, you cannot deleted it.

And no one is going to remove this.

Let it be as an example for you.

You came here to promote your stupid idiot hero, despite the fact you knew I don't like stupid, unprofessional, crooks who work illegally as professional hunters.

It is a shining example of your lack of common sense.

Keep digging, and I will help you dig a deeper hole for your hero.

Mark Sullivan is nothing but a stupid, fake, selfish, unprofessional, unethical IDIOT!

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

I seem to recall on the original ad the "*" had a statement at the very bottom saying a South African PH would be present.

Seems to missing from your cut and paste.

I found it at the very bottom below pics.

* (RSA DG PH also present)

RSA DG PH/Outfitter No: ZA-LP-74264
Ref No: CPM/333/2016 Exp. Date 2019

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I seem to recall on the original ad the "*" had a statement at the very bottom saying a South African PH would be present.

Seems to missing from your cut and paste.

I found it at the very bottom below pics.

* (RSA DG PH also present)

RSA DG PH/Outfitter No: ZA-LP-74264
Ref No: CPM/333/2016 Exp. Date 2019

I really don't care whether a South African licensed hunter is present.

The advert clearly states the hunt is with Mark Sullivan.

And so does his promotional video.

Splitting hairs to promote an unprofessional, fake, crook on AR is not going to be allowed.

ANY professional hunter or outfitter who even dreams of pulling the wool over honest, unsuspecting clients, and posts his offers here will be exposed for exactly what he is.

We have had quite a few, and I am sure we will get a few more.

I would rather they go to other websites, where they pay to advertise their crooked offers.

Not on AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, I admire your being able to give Ridgeman a polite response after his uncalled for remark to you. You have taken so many insults that coming back with an insult was not out of line.
I think you went hunting with Mark Sullivan, same as Saeed goes hunting with Walter. But let's not bash Walter.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Cal, I admire your being able to give Ridgeman a polite response after his uncalled for remark to you. You have taken so many insults that coming back with an insult was not out of line.
I think you went hunting with Mark Sullivan, same as Saeed goes hunting with Walter. But let's not bash Walter.

Is Walter advertised as guiding my hunts??

DIIZCHE SAFARI ADVENTURES

South Africa Buffalo Safari: With Legendary Professional Hunter Mark Sullivan-Only 10 Hunts for 2017.

Whatever animal you hunt, wherever in the world you hunt, around every campfire the name Mark Sullivan is sure to be spoken. Mark has written and published two remarkable books; “Death and Double Rifles” and “Fear No Death!” Both considered classics and beyond reproach. He has produced 14 documentary movies on hunting dangerous game. Mark has been a professional hunter in Tanzania, East Africa for the past 27 years, and still hunts there every year. His clientele list is second to none. So why is Mark hunting South Africa?

Because for many, the cost of hunting buffalo in Tanzania has become so expensive that Mark wants to share his hunting and his stories with as many people as he can before he retires. So now, for the first time, you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH* on your very own 1X1 safari at a fraction of the cost!
INCLUDED with Every Hunt!
1. Signed limited edition leather bound book “Death and Double Rifles!” A $300 value.
2. Two of Mark’s DVDs. A $100 value.
3. Each client will be given the opportunity to shoot Mark’s personal .577 Nitro Express double rifle. The one he uses on safari. One shot – one time! Value: A memory that will last your lifetime!
4. Signed autographed 8X10 photograph of your trophy with Mark, framed.
Value: Priceless!

Now is the time to reserve your safari of a lifetime and hunt with the man himself. Make no mistake, hunting with Mark is an adventure of a lifetime. Not only will you have a great hunt but hanging around Mark is an experience you have to see to believe. He will keep you laughing and entertained from sunup to sunset. You will come away with a unique perspective as to the proper way to hunt dangerous game as told by a true living legend. Mark doesn’t cut corners and will give 100% to this hunt just as he does for every hunt. Mark is branching out and is now guiding in Alaska for big brown bears and in Mexico for huge Mule deer bucks. Just how many more years Mark will hunt Africa is anyone’s guess. All we can say is Mark has committed to us for this year and we’re happy to have him. Sign up today…you’ll be glad you did!

Total Cost 1X1 Safari with Mark Sullivan:
$12,500.00 USD (Under 40” Bull), $15,000.00 USD (40” and larger Bull)

2. Daily rate, 1 buffalo trophy fee, hunting license (excludes cities),
permits, and taxes
3. Services of a proper hunting car
4. Trained staff
5. All lodging at Haakdoorn Beleggings, meals, drinks, bottled water,
soft drinks, beer and wine
6. Daily laundry service
7. Field preparation of trophy including salting of hide
8. FREE ground transportation from O.R. Tambo International
Airport & return. That’s seven hours of free driving!!!

One FREE Observer!
We are pleased to invite one free observer as our guest with every hunter! We know how important a companion is to the success and enjoyment of a safari and we welcome you to bring one along with you. For each additional observer the cost is $150 USD per day.

What’s Not Included in Your Safari:
1. Taxidermy costs
2. Rifle import charges
3. Dipping, packing, and shipping charges
4. Airport and related charges
5. Transport costs outside of the hunting area or in addition to O.R.
Tambo International Airport & return
6. Sightseeing trips or related costs
7. Hotel costs before and after the safari
8. All personal expenses (gifts, etc.)
9. Hire of firearms and ammunition
10. Gratuities to PH and other staff

When and Where?
All hunts will be conducted beginning June 01, 2017 and concluded on July 20, 2017.

The property where the hunts will be conducted is approximately 14,000 acres in the Limpopo Province. Camp has a nice atmosphere with great staff and excellent food. Hunting packages include all of the conveniences one would expect and are detailed below. Hunters will be sleeping in very nice tents with air conditioning.

Big, Hard-Headed Bulls!
These safaris will be conducted in the traditional manner of spot and stalk. Once the buffalo has been spotted the hunt will be conducted on foot. Clients can expect to shoot big, hard-headed bulls.

12 Different Plains Game!
Mark will be happy to guide you for these great trophies as well!

Common blesbuck, Cape eland, giraffe, red hartebeest, impala, greater kudu, Nyala, sable, warthog, waterbuck, blue wildebeest, and zebra.

Trophy price list is available on request.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed--You are correct, I went back and reviewed first post and Mark Sullivan is in fact listed as PH and SA tour guide. No, you don't list Walter as your tour guide, I stand enlightened. I do believe the subject has been beat to death and responses repetitious. But it's on your dime, you pay for the bandwidth, so why am I to worry.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uncalled for - really ??
I can’t speak for your upbringing but Cals recent insult of our host went beyond the acceptable for me.
But, gloriously, we are all different with differing perspectives on life.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ridgeman--I viewed this about like two boxers throwing numerous low blows. Then the one that had been victimized the most, throws a low blow and the referee (Ridgeman) takes a point from him. Our host has made some very cutting remarks, to include calling Cal a liar. Was that acceptable to you? Was pretty much no holds barred when Cal responded.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ridgeman--I viewed this about like two boxers throwing numerous low blows. Then the one that had been victimized the most, throws a low blow and the referee (Ridgeman) takes a point from him. Our host has made some very cutting remarks, to include calling Cal a liar. Was that acceptable to you? Was pretty much no holds barred when Cal responded.

Let me summarize this sorry thread for you.

And like everything that gives us hunters and hunting a bad name, it gives me no pleasure whatsoever to see how this has developed.

I am standing against 3 individuals, who have so far brought nothing but shame on hunters.

Mark Sullivan. An individual who I find not a single point in his favor as a professional hunter.

He has devoted all his life to put down both his clients, and other professional hunters. I don't need to go into details, he has done it himself. Selling many videos of himself finishing off other clients buffalo. After he has set up all his cameras to get absolutely the best angles to glorify his sorry ass!

Show one, JUST ONE, professional hunter who has had as many buffalo charges as Mark Sullivan!

Show me one, JUST ONE, other professional hunter who glorifies himself in putting down his clients, and shamefully calls other professional hunters cowards!

Then we have Sean and his shameful, lying advertising. Bloody hell, in his adverts one would have thought he was promoting some professional hunter the world has never seen!

In a way he is right.

There is absolutely no one in the whole world working as a professional hunter who has glorified himself as Mark Sullivan has done throughout all his years working in Tanzania.

He got shamefully kicked out of there, and has gravitated to working on a farm, employed as what no one wants to tell us.

Certainly not legally licensed to conduct hunts in South Africa.

But Sean has no shame at all telling us that he is.

And finally we have Cal.

I am not sure where to start on him.

I really think he is just plain too stupid to have any common sense!

He came here to pick a fight with me.

He knew exactly what my opinion of Mark Sullivan is.

Still, he insisted in making sure he gets his say on AR to glorify his sick friend.

He started well before this supposed hunt went on.

He made sure everyone on AR is aware of the fact that he was going on a hunt guided by Mark Sullivan, and he made sure to tell us he was going to post it here.

He told us all that.

He also made sure to mentioned that he had hoped I would allow him to do so, without deleting his gloriously shameful adventure spending a few days with his head stuck up Mark Sullivan's rear end!

And that I would not get so mad as to ban him.

He said all that himself

Just to make sure he gets his way in glorifying his hero.

Well, I kept my word.

He was allowed to post whatever he wanted.

And as soon as I posted by objections to the shameful behavior of all concerned in this silly, stupid, Mark Sullivan glorification adventure, he started digging a deeper hole.

This thread would have died long ago after I said he did not do anything wrong, but both Sean and Mark Sullivan are nothing but bloody crooked, lying, unprofessional, unethical pair!

But in his unending worship for his hero, he continued.

When it finally it dawned on him the truth is all out, he wants to delete this thread.

It is not going to happen Cal.

Might as well go back and stick your bloody head even deeper!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed--You have a better inside track on things than I do. You point out several things that probably most of us didn't know.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed--You have a better inside track on things than I do. You point out several things that probably most of us didn't know.

Don't take my word for it.

Read the very first post at the top of this thread.

Any 6 year old kid can tell who the so called "professional" hunter guiding Cal.

It wasn't Mark Sullivan that we all know.

It was an illegal impostor masquerading as Mark Sullivan! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty simple to me. Don't make a post on someone's site and then ask the host to play nice and by your rules. Though whole things has a shady shadow on how the hunt was done or at least how it was being sold. Maybe cal did not pay him like he has been saying but I think that is just a cover up to make it seem all ok. he is not saying the landowner or anyone did not pay mark just not himself. Whole thing seems fucked up to me.

this site lets all have there say and how anyone can come here and then say the host should not is just crazy. there is good and bad with people being able to just say what they want but we are free to not say anything or all we want.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
Pretty simple to me. Don't make a post on someone's site and then ask the host to play nice and by your rules. Though whole things has a shady shadow on how the hunt was done or at least how it was being sold. Maybe cal did not pay him like he has been saying but I think that is just a cover up to make it seem all ok. he is not saying the landowner or anyone did not pay mark just not himself. Whole thing seems fucked up to me.

this site lets all have there say and how anyone can come here and then say the host should not is just crazy. there is good and bad with people being able to just say what they want but we are free to not say anything or all we want.

There is no way in hell Mark Sullivan was working on that farm for nothing.

Sean would not advertise it.

Mark Sullivan himself would be in that silly video promoting it.

He has been working in South Africa ILLEGALLY!

Plain and simple.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Plain and simple.

OK Saeed...so someone has a gun to your head so you can't say no...the question is you MUST hunt Buffalo with either MS or Trump, which one is it??Wink

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
quote:
quote:

Plain and simple.

OK Saeed...so someone has a gun to your head so you can't say no...the question is you MUST hunt Buffalo with either MS or Trump, which one is it??Wink

I will be happy to hunt with Trump!

Might get some sense into his stupid head about hunting!

I will try to change his mind from calling hunting a “horror show!” rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got the following message from a member.

“Saeed, I am unaware of any country allowing a foreign national to work in any job without a proper permit. And one is only allowed to work within the limitations of that permit”

tu2

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reality is companies send out consultants from a few weeks to a month or more to other countries to assist clients. For such a small duration of time no one bothers with a work permit.

If one really needed a work permit for doing ANY business in a country then the world would stop. By your logic if I send a sales guy to Japan for a presentation he would need a work permit as he is "working".

I agree if one is going to become a resident and work in a country for a long duration they would need the appropriate work permit.

You need to have a close look at "Terms & Conditions" regarding Immigration Laws to any if not most countries whether a Visa is required or not.

The bottom line however expressly states you may not undertake to "work" without the prescribed permit; hell, if you go to the USA on a Tourist Visa, more often than not you get a grilling as to why you want to visit and finally get a stamp that clearly says you may not be allowed to work.

African countries do exactly the same and most are even more bureaucratic when it comes to issuing one.

Short term "assignments" are covered by what is known as a "Business Visa" and is usually valid for a "single entry" duration of 3 months, extendable for a further 3 months but an exit is normally required between the first and second entry.

These business visas are normally issued to persons attending meetings, conducting seminars, installing equipment, etc. etc. and are paid by the sponsors who are normally based abroad.

For a PH to use a Business Visa is not exactly legal though if he's lucky and does it on a "one off" basis, might get away with it though he he will definitely be breaking laws the moment he lays a finger on a firearm.

Food for thought.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote