ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing your report Cal. Congratulations on a fine Buff.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"...Saeed asks an interesting question. Why promote a hunt with an individual who is not legally authorized to conduct hunts? Maybe because that individual is not conducting the hunt but is simply present in the hunting group and also at camp. An individual who happens to be a well-known international hunter with vast experience hunting dangerous game up close in Tanzania and elsewhere. An individual that not everyone can afford to be guided by in Tanzania..."

The above is posted by his own booking agent.

Does any anyone dare tell me that both Mark Sullivan and Shawn are not utter liars?

Shawn specifically says Mark Sullivan is NOT conducting hunts.

Cal has proven that wrong, and a lie, in his hunt report.

In the video, Mark Sullivan himself states that he is conducting hunts - more than one - in South Africa!

What else can I say?

They have provided all the evidence of their FAKE AND ILLEGAL HUNTS! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Unless or until someone is willing to discuss the situation with the agencies that can take legal action, nothing is going to change.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny_Revolver
posted Hide Post

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Revolver:

We have an old saying "I keep telling them I have a he goat, and they keep telling me to milk it"! rotflmo

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some where between the 345 posts someone mentioned that he has never seen buffalo in open areas like that. That is often the case and not unusual lots of areas have open spots like that and you often find buffalo in the open.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Surely Cal would not knowingly participate in an illegal hunt.

I am sure he got the outfitter to admit that the video featuring a drunken Mark Sullivan bragging about being a PH in RSA was just a bit of false advertising,
for the ol' bait & switch.

He went there with the understanding that he would have a legal RSA PH, and Mark Sullivan would be sober enough to act out the necessary scenes to splice together for a good video,
like in the 2017 hunt with Russ Jeeter.
FAKE!
ALL FAKE!
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope you are correct with that estimastion.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:

I am sure he got the outfitter to admit that the video featuring a drunken Mark Sullivan bragging about being a PH in RSA was just a bit of false advertising,
for the ol' bait & switch.

He went there with the understanding that he would have a legal RSA PH, and Mark Sullivan would be sober enough to act out the necessary scenes to splice together for a good video,
like in the 2017 hunt with Russ Jeeter.
FAKE!
ALL FAKE!
tu2
Rip ...

Well, I am giving Cal the benefit of the doubt.

As when one sees an advert for a hunt, he takes it for granted that what is offered is legal and above board by all involved - agent, professional hunter and farm owner.

We know full well that all three are involved in utter lies - confirmed by themselves to leave one without any shadow of a doubt of what they are doing.

Someone asked if all hunts offered on AR are legal and above board.

I have no idea if they are.

But, if I notice anything that is not correct, I do bring it up with whoever is advertising to clear things up.

Just as I did in this case, and as all can see, that is advert, and the individuals involved in it, knowing lied of their legal involvement in this hunt before they even started.

This so called "hunt" is nothing but a sham created from day one as a crooked way to get unsuspecting clients to get involved in something they might not wish to be involved in.

One American members said I know someone who was accused of Lacy Act violations. He did not get charged, eventually, but I certainly have no wish to get involved in such an argument. Just because I am American and have unknowingly got involved in one of these.

I am talking about other hunters, not Cal.

I suspect also that Cal knew full well what the situation is with this venture before he started.

As far as Cal is concerned, Mark Sullivan can do no wrong.

Remember, he posted here before that non of us calling this idiotic nutcase for what he is, are worth walking in his shoes! clap

Talk about hero worship gone bonkers! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed: Just for the record, all of the hunts that I have purchased here on AR, and all of the PHs involved have been fully legal and above board, and I have been grateful for that. tu2 Moreover, I have taken some great trophies and made some lasting memories from those hunts. Big Grin I can't speak for any other members of AR, however. Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:

Saeed: Just for the record, all of the hunts that I have purchased here on AR, and all of the PHs involved have been fully legal and above board, and I have been grateful for that. tu2 Moreover, I have taken some great trophies and made some lasting memories from those hunts. Big Grin I can't speak for any other members of AR, however. Big Grin

That is great to know.

The purpose of that forum is to make it easy for both clients and those in the profession benefit from each other.

In fact, I cannot remember anyone offering such blatantly ILLEGAL hunt on AR before.

And I can see that some question me calling this hunt illegal.

We have cowboys operating in every country trying to by pass the laws that affect them.

They are not benefiting anyone but themselves, and exposing others who might unknowingly deal with them.

Especially with American hunters who might fall foul of the Lacy Act and find themselves in deep water.

Frankly, I have absolutely no sympathy with either Mark Sullivan or Shawn.

They know exactly what they are doing.

It really is amazing how they lie, and they go and prove themselves in their lies!

Has Mark Sullivan's ego affected him to this extent?

He claims in the video that this was his best buffalo hunt.

On his "hunt" for a canned lion in South Africa he said exactly the same thing - that is was the best lion hunt he has ever had!!

I feel sorry for anyone who might take this at face value, and get himself in trouble.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations again Cal.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real simple solution.

Mr. Pappas, the ball is in your court.

Was the hunt you reported on Legal or not!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Real simple solution.

Mr. Pappas, the ball is in your court.

Was the hunt you reported on Legal or not!

Mr. Pappas is out hunting, caribou I think.

And I bet he is hunting with a properly licensed professional hunter, who holds a legal permit from the State he is operating in to guide paying clients!

Or he might even be hunting with Mark Sullivan, who I understands does have an Alaska professional hunters license.

It will be interesting to see what he says when he gets back!

This has been quite an eye opening thread clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an Alaskan resident, he can hunt caribou on his own. He may or may not be hunting with an outfitter.

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As an Alaskan resident, he can hunt caribou on his own. He may or may not be hunting with an outfitter.

Saeed, what Mr. Pappas is doing in Alaska, has nothing to do with the hunt with Mark Sullivan!

One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

Saeed, what Mr. Pappas is doing in Alaska, has nothing to do with the hunt with Mark Sullivan!

Then why continue ?

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:
Good day. I’ve returned from an 8-day no caribou and no showers hunt in the Talkeetna Mountains.
I see this thread is still going strong. It never ceases to amaze me how Mark’s name brings out so many posts. I mean; if I began a thread about a buffalo hunt with PH Mr. X, 20 or 30 fellas would have posted along the lines of “good hunt, congrats.” We have here 11,600+ views and 336 posts!

Anyway to answer some questions and comments:

Beretta682E:
You asked about tips (page 6). Forgive my delay but you posted when I departed so it’s been over a week. I tipped the SA PH Johann my standard daily rate for tipping a PH. I did not tip Mark. As I mentioned, no money, zero, was exchanged between Mark and myself.

CHC:
You mentioned (page 9) the ball was in my court as to legality.
RIP:
You mentioned (page 9) I would not have taken part in an illegal hunt.

I believed then, and continue to do so now, that my hunt was 100% legal.

To you two gents, and others, who have commented on legal issues: first, I did not book with Shawn. Mark contacted me about 15 months ago about joining him in South Africa. However, the actual booking and fees paid were with the ranch owner, Basie Kuhn. Basie has hunted three times with Mark in Tanzania and Mark was his guest at his ranch. While I knew I would be hunting with Mark, I also knew a South African PH would be there to conduct the legal aspects of the hunt. Basie is also a PH in SA. Both Basie’s name and Johann’s name appear on the contract as well as any and all documents regarding the hunt and trophy prep and export. I hold to the truth that this hunt was legal in all aspects.

As MD375 pointed out (page 7) it is absolutely legal for Mark and I to hunt together as long as a licensed and registered South African PH accompanies us through all of the hunt. Johann did this and never left my side. MD 375 (also page 7) told us the legal ways someone can import a rifle into South Africa.

Saeed, I never said or hinted Mark was licensed as a tour guide (page 7). As to commentary on the term “tour guide:” Mark referred to himself as a tour guide, both when speaking to him before and during the hunt as well as when he signed a copy of his book to me. I used this term as a light hearted term, not in an official licensed tour guide.

To Bakes (page 6) the comments as to the items offered in Shawn’s offer: a signed leather bound copy of a book, the firing of the .577, two dvds, and a framed photo. All I can say is perhaps I was on the economy version of the hunt as I didn’t receive the dvds or the framed photo, nor did I shoot the .577 and the signed book I received (and treasure) was the trade edition, not the leather-bound book!

In closing, I want to thank all of you for your supportive and positive comments. Also, a special thank you to those of you who who disagree with Mark and/or his methods but were gentlemanly enough to make a post and let it lay.

I also would like to apologize to those I offended with my comments and parody. And, a special apology to Larry (page 5) to whom I admire and respect. If I went over the line with some of my comments I am truly sorry.

Anyway, I’m in for the fall except for possible brown bear hunts on the weekends. My caribou hunt was self-guided as are all hunts I go on in the state. Mark is in Alaska as I write this and guiding for moose and brown bear but in another area of the state. He holds a legal assistant guide’s license.

In closing, I wrote about my hunt with Mark as he is a friend and the draw to the ranch. I did not try to cover up anything (Saeed, page 7) just elaborated on Mark’s activity. I didn’t go into the detail of my dealings with Basie, Johann, Clarance, Stefan, Andrew, or the tracker or staff. It was not the focus of my story. I hid nothing. If I had wrote in detail of everyone on the hunt it would have taken pages. I hope you understand this and take my word.

No matter what happens or is said, when this thread dies Saeed will continue to hate, I will continue my friendship with Mark, and Mark will continue doing what he has done for nearly 30 years. And, I hope to hunt with him again.

Cheers, gents.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gentlemen:
Good day. I’ve returned from an 8-day no caribou and no showers hunt in the Talkeetna Mountains.
I see this thread is still going strong. It never ceases to amaze me how Mark’s name brings out so many posts. I mean; if I began a thread about a buffalo hunt with PH Mr. X, 20 or 30 fellas would have posted along the lines of “good hunt, congrats.” We have here 11,600+ views and 336 posts!

Anyway to answer some questions and comments:

Beretta682E:
You asked about tips (page 6). Forgive my delay but you posted when I departed so it’s been over a week. I tipped the SA PH Johann my standard daily rate for tipping a PH. I did not tip Mark. As I mentioned, no money, zero, was exchanged between Mark and myself.

CHC:
You mentioned (page 9) the ball was in my court as to legality.
RIP:
You mentioned (page 9) I would not have taken part in an illegal hunt.

I believed then, and continue to do so now, that my hunt was 100% legal.

To you two gents, and others, who have commented on legal issues: first, I did not book with Shawn. Mark contacted me about 15 months ago about joining him in South Africa. However, the actual booking and fees paid were with the ranch owner, Basie Kuhn. Basie has hunted three times with Mark in Tanzania and Mark was his guest at his ranch. While I knew I would be hunting with Mark, I also knew a South African PH would be there to conduct the legal aspects of the hunt. Basie is also a PH in SA. Both Basie’s name and Johann’s name appear on the contract as well as any and all documents regarding the hunt and trophy prep and export. I hold to the truth that this hunt was legal in all aspects.

As MD375 pointed out (page 7) it is absolutely legal for Mark and I to hunt together as long as a licensed and registered South African PH accompanies us through all of the hunt. Johann did this and never left my side. MD 375 (also page 7) told us the legal ways someone can import a rifle into South Africa.

Saeed, I never said or hinted Mark was licensed as a tour guide (page 7). As to commentary on the term “tour guide:” Mark referred to himself as a tour guide, both when speaking to him before and during the hunt as well as when he signed a copy of his book to me. I used this term as a light hearted term, not in an official licensed tour guide.

To Bakes (page 6) the comments as to the items offered in Shawn’s offer: a signed leather bound copy of a book, the firing of the .577, two dvds, and a framed photo. All I can say is perhaps I was on the economy version of the hunt as I didn’t receive the dvds or the framed photo, nor did I shoot the .577 and the signed book I received (and treasure) was the trade edition, not the leather-bound book!

In closing, I want to thank all of you for your supportive and positive comments. Also, a special thank you to those of you who who disagree with Mark and/or his methods but were gentlemanly enough to make a post and let it lie.

I also would like to apologize to those I offended with my comments and parody. And, a special apology to Larry (page 5) to whom I admire and respect. If I went over the line with some of my comments I am truly sorry.

Anyway, I’m in for the fall except for possible brown bear hunts on the weekends. My caribou hunt was self-guided as are all hunts I go on in the state. Mark is in Alaska as I write this and guiding for moose and brown bear but in another area of the state. He holds a legal assistant guide’s license.

In closing, I wrote about my hunt with Mark as he is a friend and the draw to the ranch. I did not try to cover up anything (Saeed, page 7) just elaborated on Mark’s activity. I didn’t go into the detail of my dealings with Basie, Johann, Clarance, Stefan, Andrew, or the tracker or staff. It was not the focus of my story. I hid nothing. If I had wrote in detail of everyone on the hunt it would have taken pages. I hope you understand this and take my word.

No matter what happens or is said, when this thread dies Saeed will continue to hate, I will continue my friendship with Mark, and Mark will continue doing what he has done for nearly 30 years. And, I hope to hunt with him again.

Cheers, gents.
Cal

Yes Cal.

Try as much to sugar it as you like.

You have hunted with an unlicensed, therefore ILLEGALLY OPERATING INDIVIDUAL.

In your hunt report, no mention whatsoever about Johann being with you on the hunt.

It is was Mark this, and Mark that.

In my book, if he does not hold a license to conduct hunts, he is operating illegally.

No question there.

In the video link posted, he specifically says he is guiding paying clients to hunt in South Africa - ILLEGALLY.

Simple fact is, if Mark Sullivan is not licensed as a professional hunter in South Africa, him guiding paying clients to hunt is, without any question is ILLEGAL.

And anyone hunting with him, knowing this, is leaving themselves open to questions.

Especially if they are American citizens, taking into consideration the Lacy Act.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understood exactly what the arrangement was before and after his hunt report. The confusion must have something to do with tantrums and spite. coffee

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
I understood exactly what the arrangement was before and after his hunt report. The confusion must have something to do with tantrums and spite. coffee

Come over to my country, and pull this sort of illegal trick, and see where you end up.

In fact, go to any country, and work in a job that required a license, and see where you end up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:

Come over to my country, and pull this sort of illegal trick, and see where you end up.

In fact, go to any country, and work in a job that required a license, and see where you end up.

It wasn’t illegal....period.

You’re going to have a find a way to deal with being wrong. I can’t help you there.

Good luck. tu2

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Mr. Pappas for trying to straighten things out. Sorry to read about the "No Show" Caribou, maybe the bears will be more co-operative.

As for Mark Sullivan and peoples attitudes toward him, haters gonna hate. In all honesty I have never been impressed with him and I really don't have a lot of use for Class A individuals. They are the way they are and that is their business.

Maybe this issue will finally cvalm down.

Best of Luck on your future hunts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
After wading thru this thread, I believe that Cal did not participate in an illegal hunt nor did he violate the Lacy Act. The hunt included a licensed DG PH and the landowner is a PH as well. All paperwork should reflect this fact. Cal did not pay and money to MS. He paid the landowner, Basie Kuhn.

This begs the question. Was MS paid money by Basie? I can't believe that MS would engage in this activity without renumeration. I may be wrong and he accompanied Cal out of the goodness of his heart and not for money but I sincerely doubt it. If he was paid by Basie, how was it structured? He isn't a RSA licensed PH, he isn't a RSA registered tour guide and he probably doesn't have a work visa or whatever paperwork is necessary to work in RSA. If he was paid for this hunt, the problem is between Basie, MS and the RSA government. Maybe he was paid a "consulting fee" to an offshore or USA based account. Who knows? Cal?

Bottom line, it does not appear that Cal participated in an illegal hunt due to the presence and oversight of Johann the RSA licensed PH. However, MS may have been improperly or illegally paid if he received money for participating or "conducting" on this hunt. Perhaps in any future hunts booked by Shawn for this hunt, MS will be paid by Shawn in the USA as a "consultant" out of the booking fees paid in the USA.

Just my $.02

Regards,
RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
Bottom line, it does not appear that Cal participated in an illegal hunt due to the presence and oversight of Johann the RSA licensed PH. However, MS may have been improperly or illegally paid if he received money for participating or "conducting" on this hunt. Perhaps in any future hunts booked by Shawn for this hunt, MS will be paid by Shawn in the USA as a "consultant" out of the booking fees paid in the USA.

Now we are conniving ways for Mark Sullivan to get paid for this activity?

Bottom line:

Saeed has given Mark Sullivan and Cal a good spanking on this one.

Y'all be good now, ya'hear?
tu2
Rip ...

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:

And we have felt the sting of his discipline! I can't speak for Mark, but I will change many facets of my behavior. Expect to see changes directly due to Saeed's fair, balanced, and truthful admonition.
I'm a changed and new man, directly due to Saeed's 76 posts.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
After wading thru this thread, I believe that Cal did not participate in an illegal hunt nor did he violate the Lacy Act. The hunt included a licensed DG PH and the landowner is a PH as well. All paperwork should reflect this fact. Cal did not pay and money to MS. He paid the landowner, Basie Kuhn.

This begs the question. Was MS paid money by Basie? I can't believe that MS would engage in this activity without renumeration. I may be wrong and he accompanied Cal out of the goodness of his heart and not for money but I sincerely doubt it. If he was paid by Basie, how was it structured? He isn't a RSA licensed PH, he isn't a RSA registered tour guide and he probably doesn't have a work visa or whatever paperwork is necessary to work in RSA. If he was paid for this hunt, the problem is between Basie, MS and the RSA government. Maybe he was paid a "consulting fee" to an offshore or USA based account. Who knows? Cal?

Just my $.02

Regards,
RCG

I am in agreement with this.

I do not see how this hunt was illegal. However, under the assumption that MS was paid a fee by someone for services rendered in the RSA, there is a valid question as to whether MS was acting legally. In other words, was he authorized to work in the RSA?

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not see how this hunt was illegal. However, under the assumption that MS was paid a fee by someone for services rendered in the RSA, there is a valid question as to whether MS was acting legally. In other words, was he authorized to work in the RSA?

What constitutes "Pay"?????

Seriously, if someone gives Sullivan a tip, is that "Pay"???

Is providing him a place to stay along with meals/drinks/transportation during a hunt, "Pay"?

Not being difficult or obtuse, and I am sure laws are different in Africa than America but what is classed as pay/wages and what isn't?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
3-4 pages back I predicted this would run to 8-9 pages. Revised estimate 11 pages....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Just my $.02

Regards,
RCG

I am in agreement with this.

Finally.

People are beginning to see this drama for it is. Does anything that involves Mark Sullivan and hunting has no drama in it?

We have 4 actors, each has been playing a major part in all this.

1. Cal - client. If he had booked a hunt as advertised, for a buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan, went and hunted with Mark Sullivan. He has not done anything wrong at all.

2. Shawn - booking agent. From what we have seen from his own admittance, he knew full well that Mark Sullivan WAS NOT LEGALLY LICENSED to conduct hunts in South Africa, Despite this fact. He continuously advertised hunts for buffalo with Mark Sullivan. This is illegal, unprofessional, and an outright lie as an advert. This is the sort of individual we should avoid dealing with at any cost. He did not make one mistake, and stop at that. He continuously advertised hunts, and kept reminding us here, that SEVERAL CLIENTS have fallen for his lies.

3. Mark Sullivan - have no idea what his legal job is, which is on his work permit - assuming that he has one - is the master FAKE. The traditional Mark Sullivan lies continue. It seems everything connected with Mark Sullivan and hunting is NOTHING BUT FAKE. Based on lies and self glorification. Does this man ever do anything in his hunting life that is has anything to do with the truth??

He is employed as a professional hunter, conducting hunts for buffalo and plains game. This has been proven by him guiding Cal - read Cal's hunt report. Proven by himself in the video linked above.

Both Cal and Shawn have stated that he is NOT LEGALLY LICENSED as a professional hunter in South Africa???!!!

So what is he licensed to do for a job in a foreign country?

He is committing a major crime by knowingly participating in a paying job - anyone who has any doubts that he IS being paid by the farm owner, listen to him in the video - while he does not have the required permit from the South African government.

4. The farm owner. By employing Mark Sullivan as a professional hunter, and using Mark Sullivan's name to get clients through adverts by Shawn, he is in full participation of this illegal venture.

My understanding, in any country a foreign visitor is in, it plainly says NO EMPLOYMENT. PAID OR UNPAID.

What job is he paying Mark Sullivan for?

The job he got a work permit for in South Africa - assuming that he has gotten one anyway??

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And we have felt the sting of his discipline! I can't speak for Mark, but I will change many facets of my behavior. Expect to see changes directly due to Saeed's fair, balanced, and truthful admonition.
Cal

I am afraid there is no winner in this case.

We are all loosing due to the stupidity and greed of a single individual whose sole purpose in life has been nothing but self glorification.

This drama reflects very badly on us as hunters, and shows how some are turning a blind eye to what is clearly something that does not reflect very kindly on our sport.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bottom line:

Rip ...

Interesting.

I must have missed that part.

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am afraid there is no winner in this case.

We are all loosing due to the stupidity and greed of a single individual whose sole purpose in life has been nothing but self glorification.

This drama reflects very badly on us as hunters, and shows how some are turning a blind eye to what is clearly something that does not reflect very kindly on our sport.

Unfortunately that is a pretty accurate estimation of the situation.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

Bottom line:

Rip ...

Interesting.

I must have missed that part.

coffee

Todd,

Do you not trust in the words of Cal Pappas?
quote:
Cal

He is not "Cal and his dog Spot."
Not that guy.

tu2
Rip ...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I just hope no unwitting client takes this at face value and ends up in trouble.

Anyone dealing with Shawn or Mark Sullivan better make sure what they are getting into.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just hope no unwitting client takes this at face value and ends up in trouble.

Anyone dealing with Shawn or Mark Sullivan better make sure what they are getting into.

Especially if they plan on posting a hunt report here on AR!

horse

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

horse

Good point Todd, because you know that they will get the boot up the ass,nothing shifty allowed on here shame

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
quote:
quote:

horse

Good point Todd, because you know that they will get the boot up the ass,nothing shifty allowed on here shame

Exactly!

Crooks, liars and self glorifying idiots have no place on AR.

We have thousands of hunt reports posted by our members, and we all enjoy sharing their joys with them.

Then we get a pair of unmitigated idiots trying to sell hunts on AR.

Not just your normal, honest, down to earth hunt where a prospective hunter can enjoy.

Nope!

It is a classic Mark Sullivan pull the wool over your eyes sort of hunt - the sort of hunt wanna be hunters, who have no bloody clue what hunting is, like to participate in, and go gaga over their self glorifying hero.

The fact that he is carrying on the job of professional hunter illegally in South Africa is never mentioned.

The other half of this crooked pair is happily posting reminders of how many clients have participated in this illegal venture - and if they are Americans, they leave themselves wide open to being charged in participating in illegal hunting activities overseas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP, Thanks for the Cal Worthington photo. Made me laugh. That guy was a hoot. Just like this thread.

Posts: 67 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 11 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will somebody please get arrested, tried and/or shot?

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote