ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MD375:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by MD375:
quote:
From what I understand, a foreign national can only bring in a rifle as a hunting, paying client.

I also understand that foreigners are not allowed to hold a professional hunter's license - Cal stated as such.

Cal also suggested that Mark Sullivan is licensed as a "tour guide"!??

What that means in the hunting sense, I have no clue.

Mark Sullivan is being marketed, and promoted, as THE PROFESSIONAL HUNTER GUIDING FOREIGN CLIENTS.

He is seen in the photos posted by Cal as wearing an ammo belt, with ammo in it.

That part is easy to explain, as he is guiding Cal, and if things went south, he will shoot - may be no choice in this instance, as he would not have the time to give the buffalo a choice of how he dies! rotflmo

Where Johann is at this time, I have no idea.

May be in the camp, putting his name down on the legal papers, for the client who is being ILLEGALLY GUIDED BY MARK SULLIVAN.

Saeed,

You do not need to be a hunting client to bring a rifle into South Africa. You can bring in firearms for reasons such as repairs, exhibition purposes, hunting, sport shooting etc.

Best Wishes

Thank you for clarifying this.

My point is what purpose did Mark Sullivan import his rifle for?

It cannot be hunting, as he is not licensed to guide clients.

And if he is a client, he is most certainly not permitted legally to guide paying clients.

Am I correct in that to actually, legally, guide hunting, paying foreign clients, one needs to have a professional hunter's license issued in South Africa?

And as per Shawn and Cal's posts, he does not hold such a license.

Saeed,

Firstly let me state that in no way I am justifying Mark Sullivan or the hunter. I am merely trying to clear the incorrect statements such as that of Mr Gould’s claim that only a hunter can bring in a rifle.

With regards to the above, the law states that there has to be a registered Professional Hunter present at all times during the hunt and he must supervise. The term ‘guiding’ does not appear in the law. Technically speaking you and Mark Sullivan can come to the area and you may ‘guide’ Mark on the hunt as long as there is a licensed professional hunter that is present at all times to ensure no laws are broken. Also, the professional hunter has to be licensed in the province that the hunt will take place in.

If you were not in the presence of a licensed professional hunter, then the hunt would become illegal.

As I said before each of the 9 provinces has their own unique laws and what’s legal in one province can be illegal in a different province.

Best wishes

MD, you're wasting your time. See Saeed's response to this post of yours. He isn't reading these posts. He's in his spooled up Mark Sullivan hatred rant phase which he goes into anytime the man's name is mentioned. Like a bull seeing red!!

He's on and on about the illegalities even after you've shown him he is wrong on the matter. You've told him here how anyone can "Guide" another hunter as long as there is a licensed PH present. Doesn't matter, he carries on unabated.

Just like when he posts about how Sullivan never takes on a wounded lion, then I and another poster tell him about at least two video clips where he does just that. He never acknowledges that he's wrong about his statements on the man.

He goes on about how no respected PH shoots as often as Sullivan does, but when it is pointed out that Andrew Dawson shoots just as often on the Boddingoton On series (buffalo and elephant) of videos but is never criticized for it in a like manner ... again, no acknowledgement.

And on and on and on.

I've said this many times before as I usually jump into the Sullivan threads but I'm no special pleader for Mark. I simply jump into these threads because they are filled with unproven accusations agains the man. These threads follow the same course. An unproven or outright false premise is put forth, it is questioned or proven false, then the guy bringing up the facts is attacked for being a "hero worshiper" or having no class. Accuracy of fact or fairness of comment have no place here, just as long as the Sullivan haters can maintain the appearance of their moral and ethical supremacy.

coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
I keep being asked about the Lacy Act, and how it might apply in this case.

That is why such questions should be directed at the entities that set and enforce the laws concerning how such hunts are conducted.

Many Thanks to MD375 for the information provided.

What still needs to be claified, in my opinion at least, is what Mark Sullivan's actual role is in this whole situation.

Is the envelope of legalities being stretched with him being on such a hunt in some way?

Where are/were the lines of legalities, creative advertising and simply goofing off being crossed or sterpped on rather hard as far as this hunt is concerned.

I don't really see anything being clarified about the situation until it is made known to the appropriate authorities and an actual ionvestigation takes place.

Does the regulations clearly stipulate what a guest on such a hunt can or cannot do when being included in a photo being taken?

Again not defending Sullivan, but is it illegal for him to merely pose for a photo holding a rifle and wearing a shell belt? It could be construed as creative or misleading advertising since Sullivan's face is easily recognised, even by those of us that have never hunted Africa.

For those individuals that have a really big dose of Hero Worship for Sullivan, the concept of just sitting in camp with him listening to him talk and watching him drink and interact with the rest of the group in camp and pass along his knowledge while riding in a vehicle looking for game would be something they would be willing to do and possibly pay for.

Is it illegal for a camp guest to accept a "Love Offering" for lack of a better term if it is offerfed to compensate them for their time spent entertaining the clients?

Basically Mark Sullivan is employed as a professional hunter to guide paying foreign clients without him being authorized to do so by the South African government.

This fact is provided by both Shawn and Cal.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Why not present your concerns to the proper authorities and get this settled once and for all?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why not present your concerns to the proper authorities and get this settled once and for all?

Whether the authorities want to do something about it is not my concern.

It concerns me when it is advertised and posted on AR.

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It concerns me when it is advertised and posted on AR.

That Sir is entirely YOUR problem and YOU are the only one that can deal with that.

One thing however, what happens if it proves out that you are wrong with your estimation of the situation?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the antis are enjoying the thread.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure they are, but a lot of threads on AR openly display the differences in attitudes about hunting among hunters, That Is Simply Life!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
I wonder if the antis are enjoying the thread.

Dave

+1

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The hunt report section is a hostile environment.Congrats to all who tough it out and share their hunt regardless.It helps make the world a better place.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny_Revolver
posted Hide Post
Forums exist for people to share their opinions, not surprisingly some opinions differ.

Does anyone really believe that someone who is anti hunting is going to read something on this forum and think to themselves " Holy shit, I've had this wrong the whole time " ???

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I learned years ago to pick and choose my battles carefully. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The hunt report section is a hostile environment.Congrats to all who tough it out and share their hunt regardless.It helps make the world a better place.

The majority of topic sections on AR have became a hostile environment and I personally do not see it getting any better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One possible reason for that could well be that a good many of the protagonists are quite wealthy middle aged men, a demographic not generally known for taking an interest in opinions or beliefs other than their own.

Further more, they are known to be fairly derisive of anyone else's way of going about things.

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One possible reason for that could well be that a good many of the protagonists are quite wealthy middle aged men, a demographic not generally known for taking an interest in opinions or beliefs other than their own.

Further more, they are known to be fairly derisive of anyone else's way of going about things.

Both of those comments are reasonable.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The majority of topic sections on AR have became a hostile environment and I personally do not see it getting any better.

CHC: You seem to be in the middle of most of these "hostile" topics; most of us make a comment and move on but you seem unable to. And while some folks get really bothered by a particular topic (for example, this one), in general, they don't get wrapped up in every controversy. As UEG says, most of us pick our battles.

AR should entertain, not cause stress.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me summarize where I think this is currently at:

1- What Cal did was perfectly legal.
2- It was legal for MS to bring a gun into the country.
3- It was legal for MS to participate in the hunt provided a licensed PH was present at all times.
4- Under the (quite reasonable) assumption that MS was paid my the owner, there is an open question regarding the legality of MS “working” in the RSA.
5- The Hunt itself was legal IF the licensed PH from the RSA was present at all times.
6- The advertising of this should have been clearer.

Does this accurately summarize things?

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is the problem Sir. I am merely stating my PERSONAL opinion on a subject, nothing more.

I am not under any stress, but evidently you and a few others become stressed simply over my participation in a discussion.

If you or anyone else has a problem with me merely stating my opinions on a subject, by all means take it up with Saeed or Don that is their department.

All I have been pointing out is that no one on here is completely sure as to whether this hunt was legally carried out or if there were illegalities that should be addressed.

Can you please point out where any of what I stated above is wrong or off topic?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is the problem Sir. I am merely stating my PERSONAL opinion on a subject, nothing more.

I am not under any stress, but evidently you and a few others become stressed simply over my participation in a discussion.

If you or anyone else has a problem with me merely stating my opinions on a subject, by all means take it up with Saeed or Don that is their department.

All I have been pointing out is that no one on here is completely sure as to whether this hunt was legally carried out or if there were illegalities that should be addressed.

Can you please point out where any of what I stated above is wrong or off topic?

I am not personally following the issue blow by blow. I am not saying your comments are inaccurate, just stating that you get involved in just about every AR controversy, then complain that the general attitude is negative.

As for your opinions, you are welcome to them; I may or may not agree, but I don't lose any sleep over them.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

When Stu was injured, Mark stepped up to help. You did as well as you contacted me about buying the turkey hunts Larry set up to help Stu. Class act on your part, Larry's part (multiple benefit hunts for Stu set up by Larry), and Mark's part, both by donating the books for anyone who made a contribution for Stu when purchasing Andrew's painting, as well as lending his name and time to encourage larger donations for Stu by participating in the bird hunt Larry set up. BTW, class act on Andrew's part as well! Rick (Pagosawingnut at the time, HogBreath now on AR) also who purchased multiple tickets to draw the bird hunt with Larry and Mark, all to help Stu.

"...Saeed Stu personally asked me to thank you from the bottom of his heart for the substantial amount of money you have personally sent him. I see that you have not told anyone about it..."

I got the above message from a friend this morning.

I won't quote other parts, they refer to another individual being discussed here, in not very pleasant terms!

Saeed, I read this post of yours earlier today and it really didn't sink in until I thought about it some.

So what you are saying is that this friend of yours is relaying that Stu appreciates the money you donated to help him, but he doesn't appreciate the money generated from efforts by Larry Shores, Andrew Baldry, and Mark Sullivan to also raise money for his medical bills? You say your friend's message speaks unpleasantly about one of the other names I referred to in my original post.

I wonder who's efforts to raise money for his medical bills is unappreciated?

Andrew offered his lion paintings with the proceeds of $750 per painting going towards Stu's medical expenses.

Sullivan stepped up to help increase sales of Andrew's paintings for Stu by offering his double rifle book free to anyone who purchased the paintings.

I forget how many paintings and books were offered but it was quite a few. I know both of those happened because I purchased one of Andrew's paintings to help Stu and Mark sent me one of his books for free as promised.

Larry organized a bird hunt on his club to generate donations for Stu. This was done by selling raffle tickets to win the hunt, not to mention the resources Larry personally contributed. It's been awhile but I think I remember that the purchase of one of Andrew's paintings also got you a raffle ticket. Again, Sullivan stepped up by donating his time to travel to Florida and participate in Larry's hunt in an effort to help increase the raffle ticket purchases. I remember Rick Taylor stepped up and purchased a large block of raffle tickets once Mark's participation in the hunt was announced, so his participation had the desired effect on ticket sales.

So that would leave my deceased friend whom I doubt very seriously Stu would even know from his limited involvement with AR. He's the only other person in the thread that was discussed.

So I'm just wondering who'e efforts to help Stu with his medical bills are going unappreciated at this point?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
then complain that the general attitude is negative.

Was not complaining, just pointing out that the attitude that prevails in the AR Political Forum has began seeping into other topic areas on the site.

I never realized that simply pointing out an observastion that others have made concerning the possible/probable effect the attitudes displayed in the Crater are beginning to have on other topic areas.

Just like the rest of the membership of the site I am sure Saeed and Don are willing to discuss any changes you belkieve need to be made concerning who can comment on discussions and what discussions they can comment on andf how many commentsd they can make.

Why not PM them on this and see what you can work out!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

When Stu was injured, Mark stepped up to help. You did as well as you contacted me about buying the turkey hunts Larry set up to help Stu. Class act on your part, Larry's part (multiple benefit hunts for Stu set up by Larry), and Mark's part, both by donating the books for anyone who made a contribution for Stu when purchasing Andrew's painting, as well as lending his name and time to encourage larger donations for Stu by participating in the bird hunt Larry set up. BTW, class act on Andrew's part as well! Rick (Pagosawingnut at the time, HogBreath now on AR) also who purchased multiple tickets to draw the bird hunt with Larry and Mark, all to help Stu.

"...Saeed Stu personally asked me to thank you from the bottom of his heart for the substantial amount of money you have personally sent him. I see that you have not told anyone about it..."

I won't quote other parts, they refer to another individual being discussed here, in not very pleasant terms!

Saeed, I read this post of yours earlier today and it really didn't sink in until I thought about it some.

So what you are saying is that this friend of yours is relaying that Stu appreciates the money you donated to help him, but he doesn't appreciate the money generated from efforts by Larry Shores, Andrew Baldry, and Mark Sullivan to also raise money for his medical bills? You say your friend's message speaks unpleasantly about one of the other names I referred to in my original post.

Andrew offered his lion paintings with the proceeds of $750 per painting going towards Stu's medical expenses.

Sullivan stepped up to help increase sales of Andrew's paintings for Stu by offering his double rifle book free to anyone who purchased the paintings.

I forget how many paintings and books were offered but it was quite a few. I know both of those happened because I purchased one of Andrew's paintings to help Stu and Mark sent me one of his books for free as promised.

Larry organized a bird hunt on his club to generate donations for Stu. This was done by selling raffle tickets to win the hunt, not to mention the resources Larry personally contributed. It's been awhile but I think I remember that the purchase of one of Andrew's paintings also got you a raffle ticket. Again, Sullivan stepped up by donating his time to travel to Florida and participate in Larry's hunt in an effort to help increase the raffle ticket purchases. I remember Rick Taylor stepped up and purchased a large block of raffle tickets once Mark's participation in the hunt was announced, so his participation had the desired effect on ticket sales.

So that would leave my deceased friend whom I doubt very seriously Stu would even know from his limited involvement with AR. He's the only other person in the thread that was discussed.

So I'm just wondering who'e efforts to help Stu with his medical bills are going unappreciated at this point?

What I am saying is that there are a lot of people on these forums who do a lot of good, out of their own, without trying to be glorified, and making it public.

You trying to make a point that Mark Sullivan did something useful to make your point.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What I am saying is that there are a lot of people on these forums who do a lot of good, out of their own, without trying to be glorified, and making it public.

You trying to make a point that Mark Sullivan did something useful to make your point.

No.

I'm calling out your friend for insinuating that Stu doesn't appreciate the efforts several other people made to organize financial help for his medical expenses. In short, I'm pointing out once again, uncalled for negative commentary against Sullivan simply because of his name.

And again, I'm no special pleader for Mark. I have no reason to be. I've only spoken to him briefly a couple of times in passing. I've not hunted with him. From a financial standpoint, I'm not likely to hunt with him as Tanzania is pretty much outside my scope.

That said I recognize false and unfair commentary when I see it and all of these "I know some friends who say he got his ass kicked out of a bar in Tanzania so he doesn't hunt there any longer", or "He never goes in after a wounded lion", "or he shoots buffalo in the balls to get the to charge", etc, etc, etc. are exactly that. False and unfair commentary simply because of hatred of the man.

This latest business from your unnamed friend as to, paraphrasing now, "Stu appreciates your donation Saeed but doesn't appreciate the efforts the other man made to help him financially" is exactly what you accuse ... trying to make a point that YOU did something useful in order to make your point while at the same time casting an unfavorable light on a man who also did something to help the same fellow in his same time of need, simply because you hate the man. You hate the many without having ever met or spoken to him, and all based on a video persona he adopted as a marketing strategy.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Let me summarize where I think this is currently at:

1- What Cal did was perfectly legal.
2- It was legal for MS to bring a gun into the country.
3- It was legal for MS to participate in the hunt provided a licensed PH was present at all times.
4- Under the (quite reasonable) assumption that MS was paid my the owner, there is an open question regarding the legality of MS “working” in the RSA.
5- The Hunt itself was legal IF the licensed PH from the RSA was present at all times.
6- The advertising of this should have been clearer.

Does this accurately summarize things?

Thank you very much for your input Larry.

May be now we can get to the bottom of this.

I will tell you what my problem is with all this.

Our HUNT OFFERS FORUM is set up to help both clients and those in the business, so both buy and sell hunts.

I have deleted a lot of offers that were unclear or misleading.

Shawn posted an offer for a BUFFALO HUNT WITH MARK SULLIVAN IN SOUTH AFRICA.

I questioned him on it if Mark Sullivan was now operating in South Africa as a professional hunter.

He stated Mark Sullivan is fulfilling all legal requirements by having a South African licensed professional hunter accompany him, but he has no license to operate there.

This raised a red flag for me, as Mark Sullivan IS NOT LEGALLY LICENSED to guide paying clients in South Africa, while the hunt offer specifically says it is with Mark Sullivan.

If I had deleted that offer - which I would have, if it did not involve Mark Sullivan - Shawn and Sullivan would have been made as victims, and I am the villain.

And Cal would have been the cheerleader!

I left it stand.

Shawn then goes and posts another offer to reminds us all of this, stating that Sullivan has been conducting hunts in South Africa, and so far has had several clients.

A professional hunter from South Africa sent me a message stating that Mark Sullivan does not hold a professional hunters license to operate in South Africa.

At no time did he mention that Mark Sullivan is actually being legally employed to conduct hunts.

Then Cal posts his hunt report, which clearly shows, both in his own words, and photos, that Mark Sullivan IS THE MAN GUIDING HIM IN HIS HUNT.

I asked him about this, and he confirmed that Mark Sullivan IS NOT LICENSED AS A PROFESSIONAL HUNTER in South Africa.

I have no problem with cal's hunt.

He has done nothing wrong at all.

As we all assume that whoever we are contracting to hunt with, takes care of all the legalities of it.

My problem is with Shawn advertising hunts here knowing full well he is using Mark Sullivan's name to get clients, where it is very clear Mark Sullivan is operating on very shaky grounds.

I have no idea about the laws in South Africa, but I think laws in every country are very similar.

That a foreigner must obtain a work permit to legally be employed in a job.

And if that job requires a certain license, he must obtain it before he can participate in being employed in it.

So I raised two points that concern me on AR.

Shawn is falsely advertising hunts with Mark Sullivan, as Mark Sullivan IS NOT LICENSED TO CONDUCT HUNTS IN SOUTH AFRICA.

Mark Sullivan is employed in South Africa to guide paying foreign clients, when he is not legally licensed to do so.

Another South African professional hunter and a farm owner also raised the point that the farm owner is involved in shady advertising, by allowing his farm to be used in adverts for hunts with Mark Sullivan, when he knows that Mark Sullivan is not legally authorized to guide hunters.

Someone from the US asked about the Lacy Act, and how it might affect this hunt, and American citizens, which seems to have several shady areas no one seems able to clarify.

To summarize.

Shawn is falsely advertising hunts with Mark Sullivan, when Mark Sullivan is not legally licensed to conduct hunts.

Marks Sullivan is working in a job he is not legally authorized to do so in South Africa.

In my country, any foreign visitor caught doing a job he is not licensed for, is arrested and deported immediately, with no hope of ever being allowed back in the country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

I personally understood exactly what was going on. However, I can see how it is entirely possible others to NOT have the same understanding. In retrospect, they probably should have worded it differently. I totally agree with you on that point.

I have to wonder just how much the owner knew about the advertising. I have no idea.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to wonder just how much the owner knew about the advertising. I have no idea.

Does anyone really have an idea on what is actually taking place.

At some point the truth will have to come out, hopefully before a client gets ensnared in an illegal action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you not realize that every post puts another "log on the fire"................

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AB109:
Do you not realize that every post puts another "log on the fire"................

Would not have happened, if those involved in very shady - or even illegal - activities, did not keep posting them on open Internet forums.

And despite them being made aware of it, still continue to ply their unacceptable trade.

If we did not discuss it, honestly, would the other, like minded crooks stop?

Would the antis care if we discussed it, or not, once they see it posted?

At least this way they might get an idea that some of us find this sort of behavior unacceptable.

Both from a business and a professional point of view.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AB109:

Antis are only interested in trophy pics of Lions with fat people sitting behind them.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would not a simple rule that all Hunt reports and Outfitter offerings posted must identify the PH conducting the hunt in the first 4 lines or be deleted solve the issue.

I do not like MS because I find his clips on standing feet away from a wounded buff trying to get it to charge instead of his client or himself finishing it off ensuring no charge, no escaped/lost animal, and fastest death deplorable.

But this hunt was not illegal. The objection is really over the optics of the report appearing to state MS conducted this hunt when he was not licensed to do so. MS did not conduct he was present, went along, and sold as being on.

This hunt with Bill Jones was no different than Bill Jones hunting elephant along side Craig Boddington in Botswana. Boddington even fired back up shots and filmed it. Bill Jones did not seem to care and neither did anyone here ( and if Bill Jones did not care no one else should).

A fully licensed PH in this instance and in Bill Jones situation for the country was present and in control at all times. Actually, I think a fellow named Mongoose was the fully licensed ph, not Ivan carter, on that date and time.

These kind of adverts happen all the time come hunt with so and so a professional hunter or writer.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LHeym500

Identifying the PH that will conduct the hunt sounds fine until you consider that PH's have lives too and like they say "Shit happens". If a client requests a particular PH I write the contract to reflect that we will try to have Z PH do the hunt but there is no guarantee. I think for the AR ads they could read "The hunt will be conducted by a fully licensed PH in (fill in the country) where the hunt is to be conducted. If an arrangement like the one being discussed is the situation perhaps the ad should read "The hunt will be conducted by a licensed RSA PH and accompanied by X celebrity quest." To me that would be clear as to what the real situation would be.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Young:

I think that is a perfect solution and the hunt report has to identify the actual PH upon posting the completed hunt.

Problem solved.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
LHeym500

Identifying the PH that will conduct the hunt sounds fine until you consider that PH's have lives too and like they say "Shit happens". If a client requests a particular PH I write the contract to reflect that we will try to have Z PH do the hunt but there is no guarantee. I think for the AR ads they could read "The hunt will be conducted by a fully licensed PH in (fill in the country) where the hunt is to be conducted. If an arrangement like the one being discussed is the situation perhaps the ad should read "The hunt will be conducted by a licensed RSA PH and accompanied by X celebrity quest." To me that would be clear as to what the real situation would be.

Mark

Exactly Mark.

We are not going to change the rules because two lying crooks were caught at their dirty game.

In fact, this is the first time I have seen such blatant lies being posted in a hunt offer, and what follows in the hunt.

Some members question me saying that Shawn and Mark Sullivan are involved in illegal hunting activities.

Anyone wants to bet that he goes to another country and advertises doing a job that requires obtaining a permit, carry on doing that job, multiple times, without getting the required permit, and not get arrested?

Be my guest.

I know for a fact that in my country you will be thrown in jail for your arrogance and stupidity to cool down, and then sent packing home.

How many times have we seen hunters complain about them having their professional hunter swapped?

And they were not very happy about it?

That does not apply in this case, as just like Mark Young rightly pointed out, that both professional hunters are LEGALLY PERMITTED to conduct hunts in that country.

It is most certainly not the case here.

MARK SULLIVAN IS NOT PERMITTED, LEGALLY, TO CONDUCT HUNTS IN SOUTH AFRICA.

How they bend the law or break it, is up to them.

I have no wish to see such hunts offered here on AR.

By Shawn or anyone else, concerning any professional hunter, Mark Sullivan or anyone else.

I expect all hunt offers to be legal and above board.

Or they get deleted.

This one would have been deleted too, but can you imagine the uproar we would have gotten from Mark Sullivan cheerleaders?

I left it, and was hoping that is the end of it.

But Shawn goes ahead and posts another to remind us of his very own crook offer.

Then Cal comes along and leaves absolutely no doubt what we suspected right from the beginning, that this whole sad episode is nothing but an illegal venture between Shawn and Mark Sullivan.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, are you or when are you going to establish rules/protocol concerning the posting of offered hunts and how are you going to ensure that the offered hunts are in fact legal?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Afrikaans advertising, but Mark Sullivan and client hunter both have English speaking parts.
Y'all look at it if you have not already, or look at it again if you have already.

Those "Seven, eight, nine, ten ..." shots of .577 NE it took to kill one cape buffalo ... did MS say they were both shooting the fleeing buffalo?
Client said he missed his second shot as the buffalo ran off and they had to walk three miles to finish it off.
They were both carrying .577 NE double rifles.
I am going to watch it again:

quote:
Originally posted by Bwana1:
Video....
https://youtu.be/4ZtLPOaGo7g

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Afrikaans advertising, but Mark Sullivan and client hunter both have English speaking parts.
Y'all look at it if you have not already, or look at it again if you have already.

Those "Seven, eight, nine, ten ..." shots of .577 NE it took to kill one cape buffalo ... did MS say they were both shooting the fleeing buffalo?
Client said he missed his second shot as the buffalo ran off and they had to walk three miles to finish it off.
They were both carrying .577 NE double rifles.
I am going to watch it again:

quote:
Video....

I love it!

The bigger the ego, the bigger the gun.

Still does not how to shoot! clap

And this is the egoistic idiot who wants to show real, honest, professional hunters how to hunt buffalo!

Bloody hell, it does not get any worse than this.

FAKE all the way! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Video....

Turn the speed up to 1.25. I don't really like the man but I doubt he has an intellectual impairment of the kind that would make his voice sound as it does in normal speed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
2017 hunt, at startup of this "operation."

From the horse's mouth, starting at 4:23 on the video, Mark Sullivan makes it clear that this was an illegal hunt:
**********************************************************************************************************************

"I have been a professional hunter for 28 years. I have killed over 600 buffalo during those 28 years, and right now
I find myself in South Africa, hunting cape buffalo for the first time.
The hunt that I am conducting right now, in this great country, is the finest cape buffalo hunt, for the money, in all of Africa.
This great buffalo, my client and I shot him just yesterday. My client Russ Jeeter, from America, this is his tenth safari with me, in ten years.
We hunted this buffalo. Each of us carry and use and shoot a five-seventy-seven double rifle using 750-grain bullets at 2050 feet per second.
This buffalo weighed a ton or more. That's 2000 pounds! This is the biggest-bodied cape buffalo of my professional hunting career.
He took seven or eight or ten bullets, through the chest, through the body, this way, that way, before WE could put him down.
Of all of my hunts, this is one of my most memorable hunts, hunting with a great friend, Russ Jeeter.
But I'm telling you, the hunt that we put together in your great country of South Africa is not only memorable, it is valuable,
and you too can come out with a great buffalo just like this."
**********************************************************************************************************************
They only showed 5 shots of 577 NE buffalo medicine on the video.
Can MS count? 7,8,10? What happened to 9? animal

That IS strange, everybody but Mark Sullivan was speaking at normal speed.
Does he sound like a chipmunk in his normal voice if you speed up Mark Sullivan's part of the speaking?
No, his bit did not get garbled. That is his normal voice, is my guess.
Mark Sullivan's speech patterns displayed in this commercial message suggest inebriation or some neurologic deficit of some sort.
He had to be drunk or brain-damaged to say the things he said, let alone the way he said them.
Scotch or Bourbon?
Whisky or Whiskey?
Beer for my horses, whiskey for my men.
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, everyone else seemed okay but Mr Sullivan seemed heavily medicated and when I increased the speed he sounded " normal "

I have seen this glitch in other vids loaded to youtube but I couldn't really say either way and don't care to watch it again Smiler

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, Cal's hunt report, and this video, leaves absolutely, positively, no doubt whatsoever that Mark Sullivan is CONDUCTING ILLEGAL HUNTS in South Africa!

FAKE TO THE CORE!

I rest my case! clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
600 buffalo over 28 years equals over 21 buffalo a year??

Does he shoot every single buffalo his clients shoot?? clap