ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My vote in Maryland doesn’t matter anyway.

Just like us in the Peoples Republic of Washington.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
quote:
My vote in Maryland doesn’t matter anyway.

Just like us in the Peoples Republic of Washington.

Dave

Or mine in NY

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if Mark Sullivan doesn’t turn himself into a politician!

With Cal being his side kick!

Politics would the perfect vocation for these two liars! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
In person Mark is a personable, highly likable individual. He would do well as a politician, where it's considered honorable to manipulate your targets into choosing how they die.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having spent 3 days quail hunting with Mark , I tend to think he is more like a professional wrestler. What one sees on the screen is a character and not the real person.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Having spent 3 days quail hunting with Mark , I tend to think he is more like a professional wrestler. What one sees on the screen is a character and not the real person.

or he plays others and acts how he thinks he will gain the most from who he is with at the time. nothing wrong with acting how you wish but don't be shocked when most will not like the act.

Posts: 554 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Real wrestling has nothing to do with screen persona's,fake wrestling does,best of luck to Ms if he finds suckers for his act,he has nothing to offer for a lot of hunters who frequent this site,including me barf,real person,fake person? we are judged by what we do,it's called a reputation tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"Screen persona" applies to Hollywood movies, where the truth is non existence!

For someone who has no life, no character, no spine, to start a whole industry of "buffalo charges" to glorify himself.

At the same time putting everyone in a community he is supposed to be part of down?

Clients cannot shoot worth a damn.

At least the two clueless idiots shown in the videos here prove him right! rotflmo

Putting all other professional hunters down, calling them cowards!

Hey Mark Sullivan, want to see a real, genuine, no fake coward?

Look in the mirror! clap

You will see a world class coward!

Worthy of a GUINNESS WORLD RECORD! rotflmo

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, if someone held a gun to your head and told you that you have to either hunt Buffalo with MS or have dinner with Trump which would you choose??Wink

You have to pick one or your are dead...which is it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, if someone held a gun to your head and told you that you have to either hunt Buffalo with MS or have dinner with Trump which would you choose??

Ooooh, I'm quivering with anticipation for the answer.

dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
Saeed, if someone held a gun to your head and told you that you have to either hunt Buffalo with MS or have dinner with Trump which would you choose??Wink

I will start of turning the gun 180 degrees and pulling the trigger!

Self defense you know!

And the idiot who called hunting a “horror show” can enjoy his McDonald without me.

We already know that the world famous, legendary, professional hunter, Mark Sullivan, is no longer conducting hunts.

He is being employed on a farm in South Africa, illegally, guiding silly idiots who cannot shoot worth a damn, to cull unwanted pets which have grown too old to breed! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Self defense you know!

And the idiot who called hunting a “horror show” can enjoy his McDonald without me.

We already know that the world famous, legendary, professional hunter, Mark Sullivan, is no longer conducting hunts.

He is being employed on a farm in South Africa, illegally, guiding silly idiots who cannot shoot worth a damn, to cull unwanted pets which have grown too old to breed! rotflmo

Lol! Guys pay TONS of money to play golf with Tiger Woods or race cars with Mario Andretti so if someone wants to do the same with MS then hey it’s their money

Personally I wouldn’t but hey whatever floats your boatWink

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Self defense you know!

Lol! Guys pay TONS of money to play golf with Tiger Woods or race cars with Mario Andretti so if someone wants to do the same with MS then hey it’s their money

May be paying to play with Tiger Woods might make some sense, as he is one of the best at golf.

Paying Mark Sullivan to shoot your buffalo is not much different from paying a stranger to spend the night in bed with your wife on your wedding!

It is just plain SICK!

Doing it on a farm in South Africa is like getting married in a whorehouse.

I must admit, though, Cal and that other clueless idiot shown above did manage to kill their own farm bred buffalo.

Hats off to them!

I hope they had as much satisfaction as I do when I take my Anschutz 22 rim fire rifle, and go to my backyard to shoot one of our pets for a BBQ rotflmo

Difference is that I use only one bullet clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Self defense you know!

May be paying to play with Tiger Woods might make some sense, as he is one of the best at golf.

Paying Mark Sullivan to shoot your buffalo is not much different from paying a stranger to spend the night in bed with your wife on your wedding!

It is just plain SICK!

Doing it on a farm in South Africa is like getting married in a whorehouse.

I must admit, though, Cal and that other clueless idiot shown above did manage to kill their own farm bred buffalo.

Hats off to them!

I hope they had as much satisfaction as I do when I take my Anschutz 22 rim fire rifle, and go to my backyard to shoot one of our pets for a BBQ rotflmo

Difference is that I use only one bullet clap

Same here Saeed but to each his ownWink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark Sullivan whom I have met on three separate brief occasions in the middle of nowhere in the African countryside and granted that our encounters lasted no more than 15/20 mins, I dare say that he portrayed himself as an affable and cordial individual; a person far different to the one you see on screen.

That said, and like it or not, he is definitely a master at his trade whether we agree/disagree on his methods - I personally am not one of his fans though confess having watched a few of his "thrillers" with reserved comments.

Some people sell snake oil while others provide for the adrenaline-rush hunts and there's no shortage of buyers. Big Grin

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
Mark Sullivan whom I have met on three separate brief occasions in the middle of nowhere in the African countryside and granted that our encounters lasted no more than 15/20 mins, I dare say that he portrayed himself as an affable and cordial individual; a person far different to the one you see on screen.

That said, and like it or not, he is definitely a master at his trade whether we agree/disagree on his methods - I personally am not one of his fans though confess having watched a few of his "thrillers" with reserved comments.

Some people sell snake oil while others provide for the adrenaline-rush hunts and there's no shortage of buyers. Big Grin

It seems as though not one person here who knows MS personally has a bad thing to say about him

Maybe he did the videos and acted the way he did in them for the money?? He must have made allot from them

That said, I do know a PH who knows him and said that he did gut shoot buffalo for the video...I have no

reason to think he is lying

That said to each his own....I personally would not hunt with him because of the controversy

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It seems as though not one person here who knows MS personally has a bad thing to say about him

Maybe he did the videos and acted the way he did in them for the money?? He must have made allot from them

That said, I do know a PH who knows him and said that he did gut shoot buffalo for the video...I have no

That said to each his own....I personally would not hunt with him because of the controversy

There is no way in hell!

No way in tarnation, would a 100 professional hunters in their whole career, ever get as many wounded buffalo lie in the open like Mark Sullivan makes them to do.

He is doing it on purpose!

Plain and simple.

To denigrate his clients, and glorify his sick personality!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is no way in hell!

No way in tarnation, would a 100 professional hunters in their whole career, ever get as many wounded buffalo lie in the open like Mark Sullivan makes them to do.

He is doing it on purpose!

Plain and simple.

To denigrate his clients, and glorify his sick personality!

I think that I mentioned it to you before but a personal friend on mine has been a PH in Zimbabwe for 40 years and has faced only 4 buffalo charges

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mark Sullivan has them on tap! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

My friend said that he guts shoots them and/or shoots them in the balls with a 22

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My friend said that he guts shoots them and/or shoots them in the balls with a 22

I wonder if his videos show evidence of this? he would have to be mighty careless,if any of the dead buff show blood on the gut or the nuts?

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
quote:
quote:

I wonder if his videos show evidence of this? he would have to be mighty careless,if any of the dead buff show blood on the gut or the nuts?

I cannot confirm what I posted, just what I was told by a Zim PH of 40 years

Zim PH’s are a small circle of guys who all know each other so I would tend to believe it

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
quote:
quote:

I cannot confirm what I posted, just what I was told by a Zim PH of 40 years

Zim PH’s are a small circle of guys who all know each other so I would tend to believe it

I have heard the same thing while in Zim on my last hunt.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Al, man, really?

Saeed, we know has SDS and TDS but you have way too much sense to actually believe that nonsense.....

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:

Al, man, really?

Saeed, we know has SDS and TDS but you have way too much sense to actually believe that nonsense.....

I look at hunting as I look at real life.

Things do happen that are not planned.

As in Mark Sullivan's case.

I have met dozens of professional hunters.

The real ones, who appreciate their clients, without them they would not have a job.

They have high respect for their fellow professional hunters.

Hardly any of them, ever, have buffalo charges.

Universally, they are DISGUSTED by Mark Sullivan's behavior.

Then we have Mark Sullivan.

A sick individual who hates both his clients and his fellow professional hunters.

His whole sick, shameful, professional, life, has been based on non stop buffalo charges.

How does he get buffalo to charge?

How the hell does he get buffalo to lie right in the open, so he can set up his cameras, where the client who could not shoot worth a damn is sent hiding in the bush to sulk in shame.

While the world famous, legendary, professional hunter, Mark Sullivan, has all the time in the world, to set up his video cameras, and has a discussion with the buffalo, of how he wishes to die?

As the old saying goes, you cannot have smoke without fire.

I am not just 100% convinced he does some very bad to instigate these silly charges, I am 1,000,000% sure.

And I am not the only one either.

Cal has devoted his life, it seems, to not just worshiping Mark Sullivan.

He has gone as far as to convince us that he had examined all Mark Sullivan's charge videos, and found nothing wrong with them.

Reminds me of an old cartoon.

Where a man was found, cut to pieces, each piece is feet apart from the other, and a genius of a police detective immediately ruled it as suicide!

Good morning Cal.

Any more brains farts as to how these incredible, a million to one, buffalo charges, seem to happen to Mark Sullivan on order? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
After much study, thought and deliberation, I have finally come to the conclusion that this thread, in spite of everyone's pleas, concerns, demands, insults and threats, is NEVER EVER EVER EVER going away! rotflmo rotflmo With that said, carry on . . . . . . .! hammering rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
After much study, thought and deliberation, I have finally come to the conclusion that this thread, in spite of everyone's pleas, concerns, demands, insults and threats, is NEVER EVER EVER EVER going away! rotflmo rotflmo With that said, carry on . . . . . . .! hammering rotflmo

UEG,

I think I like Cal and MS. I am worried they will not let me hunt with the .45-70 I have yet to acquire.

I assume we are all so bored with the lack of hunting. Friendly jabs here and there.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

Look at it this way.

You are sitting at home minding your own business.

Some stupid idiot enters your house, carrying a very large bucket of stinking shit, and he starts spreading it around.

Outside, two of his like minded shitheads are screaming support.

Some went as far as posting shit hunts on Youtube, just to prove their shitty idea are normal.

Wouldn't you, as a normal human being, try your best to clean that mess?

Such a shame that Cal has lost his voice, may be he still has head stuck up Mark Sullivan's rear end!

Some of the messages I am getting are rather funny, and I might quote some when I feel like it.

One said "one should not attend a gun fight armed with a match stick!" rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Another message "why are some asking for this thread to be deleted? Didn't the poster originally asked for it NOT to be deleted?" clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:After much study, thought and deliberation, I have finally come to the conclusion that this thread, in spite of everyone's pleas, concerns, demands, insults and threats, is NEVER EVER EVER EVER going away! With that said, carry on . . . . . . .!

My morning entertainment.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like I said: Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry on! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So really Saeed? You believe Mark Sullivan sneaks up and shoots a buffalo bull in the nuts with a .22, then finds that same bull and sets up his cameras and gets that particular bull to charge him?

Really?

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
So really Saeed? You believe Mark Sullivan sneaks up and shoots a buffalo bull in the nuts with a .22, then finds that same bull and sets up his cameras and gets that particular bull to charge him?

Really?

Not sure what he does, but, I am absolutely certain he does something very very stupid to instigate all these charges.

I know for certain they do not just happen by themselves!

An honest professional hunter prides himself to never have to fire a single shot while guiding his clients.

A stupid, self glorifying idiot prides himself in doing what Mark Sullivan does!

Stupid, low lives, cannot shoot worth a damn, idiots, carry BIG GUNS, to make up for their lack of ability to hit anything hunt with him.

Real hunters avoid him like the plague! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Really?

Not sure what he does, but, I am absolutely certain he does something very very stupid to instigate all these charges.

An honest professional hunter prides himself to never have to fire a single shot while guiding his clients.

A stupid, self glorifying idiot prides himself in doing what Mark Sullivan does!

Stupid, low lives, cannot shoot worth a damn, idiots, carry BIG GUNS, to make up for their lack of ability to hit anything hunt with him.

Saeed, I know that you killed LOTS of Buffalo, so as a baseline, how many have you killed and how many legitimate charges have you faced?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Really?

Saeed, I know that you killed LOTS of Buffalo, so as a baseline, how many have you killed and how many legitimate charges have you faced?

Not a single one.

We got charged by ONE BIG FAT ZERO buffalo!

And the ones we had wounded never, EVER, lay down in the open for some deranged nitwit to get all his cameras set up and ask them how they wish to die!

They find the thickest bush around, and go there.

But, I am not the sort of hunter who would pick a silly idiot like Mark Sullivan to "hunt" with.

I hunt with real professionals.

Who pride themselves in hunting with real hunters.

Who have no need to fire their rifles.

Those are the ones the legendary professional hunter, Mark Sullivan, calls cowards!

Hey Mark Sullivan, look in the mirror!

You will see the ultimate coward looking back at you! clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Messages from two professional hunters.

One from Zimbabwe and one from Tanzania.

Total hunting experience between them is 54 years.

One each!

One was wounded by a client and found almost dead in a thick the next morning.

They could not see it, but could hear it, shot as it was attempting to get up.

Second one was wounded by a lion.

Again, very badly hurt, and the stumbled on it in thick bush.

Knocked a tracker down, no damage, and they followed it and killed it.

One said “I wonder what language Mark Sullivan uses to communicate with the buffalo to ask him to choose how to die?” rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo can vary in temperament according to geographical areas and I would like to stress, for Tanzania.

I am very familiar with Buffalo from the Southern parts of TZ and particularly those from Masailand.

By and large the Selous species is docile and smaller in body than its Masailand cousin which is bigger in body, cantankerous by nature and a force to reckon with as it stands for no nonsense.

One of the most notorious areas for these belligerent species are the thorn thickets of Kitiangare/Rotian - Simanjiro hunting concessions where visibility can be never more than 20 yards on a good day.

Many a PH will openly declare that one must be off his rocker to hunt the buffalo of Kitiangare, some will flatly refuse.

If you want a run for your money then you would have to experience it, but be forewarned that it is not a walk in the park nor is it suited for the feint of heart.

That I know of, Kitiangare has claimed the life of 1 client and seriously injured 3 PHs, one of whom is none other than our respected veteran PH Blood Nut.

The 2 others whose identities will remain anonymous, spent up to 3 months in the Nairobi hospital and can thank their lucky stars that they are still alive; neither of them have been able to fully overcome the trauma and one has reverted to mainly providing the logistics to the safari camps while the other has become a budding writer.

The client was the victim of an unprovoked charge from an unseen solitary bull that was lurking in the thickets at close range; the 3 PHs were gored by buffalo that had been wounded by the client and were being followed up on.

If some of you think my tale is exaggerated, you might want to obtain an opinion from others, who have had the privilege of hunting Kitiangare (Gerard Miller with whom I often hunted immediately comes to mind).

Moral of the story:

When you hunt Kitiangare, the tables are turned and its the Buffalo that asks, "how do you want to die"? Wink

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll take the bait. I hunted with Martin Nell in the Bubye in 2012 and shot a nice 42" mature buffalo with my 450-400 double(the year of the torn meniscus in my right knee). After the buffalo was down and the lions following the same herd had been scared off, Martin called his wife Loretta to report that my buff was down and dead. I asked him why he had called the wife to report, and he informed me that he had been gored by a wounded buff shot by a client in Tanzania a few years earlier and had spent some months in hospital recovering. He said that thereafter he promised Loretta that every time a client's buff was dead he would report in. Big Grin I don't recall what part of Tanzania it was, unfortunately. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Fulvio...the client you speak of, was that Bob Fontana, an outfitter from British Columbia, Canada? I think he was hunting with Paddy Curtis and I thought it was in Masailand.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am more worried about an unseen animal charging us than one we have wounded.