ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got this video link yesterday from a member here

Can you ladies and gentlemen please have a look, and tell me who is actually guiding our hero worship, Cal, on this glorious buffalo hunt? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
About 3:30 in while riding in the Cruiser, I think Mark says "we are going to put out some food there" while pointing off in the distance.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
About 3:30 in while riding in the Cruiser, I think Mark says "we are going to put out some food there" while pointing off in the distance.

I did not watch the video, as I never watch stupid, pretend, fake, so called "hunting" videos.

Especially as in this case I knew the participants, who have no clue of what buffalo hunting is.

May be Mark Sullivan knew this buffalo favorite food?

Bloody unbelievable!

It gets better and better!

I might go and watch the video, and get an idea of the "food" he is talking about.

We might do that on our next, proper, buffalo hunt.

On second thoughts, probably not, I am sure a wild buffalo does not know where his food is put by his breeders! rotflmo

Honestly, this is becoming such a comedy show.

Thank you Cal for providing us with so much fun! clap

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was a beauty of a buffalo.

Where did the first 3 shots wind up hitting him? The fourth knocked him down good, then the fifth insurance shot.

The holes in the barrel of that rifle.make my 458 seem puny.

I reread the first post and it said that the first three were misses I think. I thought it was running like it had been hit.

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by machinistbutler:
Was a beauty of a buffalo.

Where did the first 3 shots wind up hitting him? The fourth knocked him down good, then the fifth insurance shot.

The holes in the barrel of that rifle.make my 458 seem puny.

I reread the first post and it said that the first three were misses I think. I thought it was running like it had been hit.

I was doing other things while watching, but I believe there were two buffalo. Cal said the first three shots were misses. MS said something to the effect of "my name is Mark Sullivan, but until today it used to be Mark of Death."

I really have no problem with Cal or MS. MS did appear to be the PH and the RSA PH came up with the Cruiser after the buff was already down, indicating MS was really guiding the hunt. Contrary to popular belief, MS never fired one shot, not even after the misses on the first buff.

It was amazing to see the way the second bull dropped immediately with the first shot of the .600.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was a beauty of a buffalo

Very true.

Hand picked from among over a hundred where they were they day before, in an enclosure barely half an acre in size!

To be "hunted" and missed, several times so Cal and his hero Mark Sullivan can have a video of their incredible adventure, and Cal to write an article on how to hunt buffalo with a Big Bore rifle for some magazine that pays him for publishing fake buffalo hunts! rotflmo

Bloody hell!

The mind truly boggles at such incredible bravery! jumping

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
OK!

Spent some time watching the video.

Takeaways were:
1. Cal missed an 25 to 30 yards shot not one time but twice. So much for being a seasoned hunter, using his 600 NE. And yes this add to the many who are filmed showing that they miss at close range. I am not sure what would have happen if it would have been wounded on Cal first misses.

2. The area for this hunt was 20,000 acres and I missed the fences, Or Holding pens. So the 1 too a few acres holding pen did not appear.

3. Mark Sullivan, never took his rifle off his shoulder while Cal was missing the first time and the second time being successful in shooting his Cape buffalo. So this was all on Cal to make the shot, and on the second go around he was successful. However, both Mark and Cal covered their Double Rifles for the film or TV program, Whoo Hooo.

4. There were a lot of nice Cape Buffalo bulls to view and pick from. However a 43 1/4 inch Cape Buffalo is nothing to sneeze at.

5. This was wide open level country that had waste high grass and the Cape Buffalo were not heading to thick cover, my take away is there are no predators for the Cape Buffalo to worry about.

6. It is just that I have issues with someone who put out information on practice shooting and all the other gun club shooting happening, And for them to miss such an easy standing broad side animal make you wonder, if there prior stories are real or not. At such close range, that is a miss a new hunter or a rookie would make not someone who has years of experience. Just my 2 cents.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
2 running buffalo

This is what a proper buffalo hunt looks like.

We followed these early one morning, saw them running up a hillside.

I hit one in the rear, and he turned and ran down parallel to us.

The second one we followed all day, finally getting him late in the afternoon.

No fence.

No bullshit talk.

No offering the buffalo food rotflmo

No over blown ego with an over blown big bore.

Using a rifle a hunter knows how to use.

A 375, as Harry mentioned, all one needs.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
OK!

Spent some time watching the video.

Takeaways were:
1. Cal missed an 25 to 30 yards shot not one time but twice. So much for being a seasoned hunter, using his 600 NE. And yes this add to the many who are filmed showing that they miss at close range. I am not sure what would have happen if it would have been wounded on Cal first misses.

2. The area for this hunt was 20,000 acres and I missed the fences, Or Holding pens. So the 1 too a few acres holding pen did not appear.

3. Mark Sullivan, never took his rifle off his shoulder while Cal was missing the first time and the second time being successful in shooting his Cape buffalo. So this was all on Cal to make the shot, and on the second go around he was successful. However, both Mark and Cal covered their Double Rifles for the film or TV program, Whoo Hooo.

4. There were a lot of nice Cape Buffalo bulls to view and pick from. However a 43 1/4 inch Cape Buffalo is nothing to sneeze at.

5. This was wide open level country that had waste high grass and the Cape Buffalo were not heading to thick cover, my take away is there are no predators for the Cape Buffalo to worry about.

6. It is just that I have issues with someone who put out information on practice shooting and all the other gun club shooting happening, And for them to miss such an easy standing broad side animal make you wonder, if there prior stories are real or not. At such close range, that is a miss a new hunter or a rookie would make not someone who has years of experience. Just my 2 cents.

I would chastise Cal's shooting at your own peril. I've hunted with and shot with Cal. He handles a double as good as any. I shot that rifle in Australia, its a beast.

His misses? Not sure but out of character.

That's the problem with internet forums. I know Cal the man, not Cal the AR poster.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3377 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting video. Having not hunted africa and maybe unaware of some factor for it ( Maybe someone can explain a reason), I think from watching that its poor guiding.
The guide should have had the client better prepared. Rather than waffling on about how the animal chooses to die. Rifle should have been up as the bull stood, the call to shoot should have come much earlier. Rather than at the point the bull leaves. It was the late gun and body movement that caused the Bull to go.

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After watching the video I’m not sure there’s any questions that are left unanswered. Looks extremely straight forward to me what went on.

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
This was just a bullshit hunt meant to rattle Saeed's chain Wink,but after all said and done?it proved itself to be true bullshit,a fame seeking stunt,pet buffalo,bad shooter & a comic of a bullshit artist the "The Mark of Death",as stated earlier,it's about gaining fame & profit,nothing at all to do with honest hunting.
Sadly there will be some new hunters out there who will get taken in with this crap.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well we can see who was full of shit now. fuck did the SA ph even leave the truck before the shot.

I think they just played a game to get free ad time for a joke of a ph and the same for the hunter.
two talkers who I am sure think this was all on the up and up. If that was a dream of mine for that long I would be looking hard at my life that is for sure. total joke

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I am still trying to figure out how you completely miss a target the size of a buffalo at 25 yards....That’s spear chucking range. Whistling

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These double rifles are a f@cking joke. Get a blaser r8 and good blaser or Swarovski scope and get it done Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
These double rifles are a f@cking joke. Get a blaser r8 and good blaser or Swarovski scope and get it done Big Grin

Mike

I don't know Mike.

I do know some hunters who do like to use double rifles, and do very well with them.

Like some professional hunters, and I mean proper, honest, real life, professional hunters, who do carry doubles, and use them very well.

But, sadly, our two heroes here, Cal and Mark Sullivan, put on such a shameful show, to the extent that I am certain neither of them know the words "honest, professional, truthful," or remotely know what actual buffalo hunting is.

When one spends his whole so called "professional" life deceiving himself, by self glorification, and you get clueless nuts who worship his sort of utter idiot, you end up with this result.

Someone is apparently paying Cal to write this bullshit.

I wonder if he will be truthful and write that he had missed a buffalo at "spear chucking range" - thank you Doc!

And let us not forget putting the buffalo's favorite food down for him too!

I remember reading George Leonard Herter's book about hunting in Africa, and him suggesting that one should use barrels of peanut butter spread on the trunk of a baobab tree to attract elephants.

I wonder what the world famous, legendary, professional hunter Mark Sullivan pus out for buffalo feed?

Cal, please enlighten us.

You staying away from this entertaining thread is not going to make it go away.

I will make sure it stays active, as I remember you always look forward to what I might post each morning.

I hate to disappoint you! clap

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically, I cannot stand lies, and fakery.

Well if that is the case Saeed, you've demonstrated PhD level lying and (sic) "fakery" with your bullshit lies regarding President Trump AND in the "do as I say not as I do" department, outside the political forum where you and your Horst Wessel league reject Walter wax so eloquently with your anti-American rants.

But don't worry, I haven't posted here since you spewed your political garbage on the Africa forums a couple of months ago and I'll not do so ever again.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Basically, I cannot stand lies, and fakery.

Well if that is the case Saeed, you've demonstrated PhD level lying and (sic) "fakery" with your bullshit lies regarding President Trump AND in the "do as I say not as I do" department, outside the political forum where you and your Horst Wessel league reject Walter wax so eloquently with your anti-American rants.

But don't worry, I haven't posted here since you spewed your political garbage on the Africa forums a couple of months ago and I'll not do so ever again.

I don’t like politicians, regardless of party, race, colour, or nationality.

Trump did say he considers hunting a “horror show”.

May be you will do all of a us a favor and keep your word, by keeping politics, and your presence, away from here!

Don’t let the door hit you in your sorry arse! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does it require permission from a guide or PH to shoot a buffalo? Reason I ask is in the video Mark says "I give you my permission now to shoot the buffalo". Was that Hollywood or is it required?

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Does it require permission from a guide or PH to shoot a buffalo? Reason I ask is in the video Mark says "I give you my permission now to shoot the buffalo". Was that Hollywood or is it required?

Well, from my own experience of almost 40 years of hunting buffalo, and shooting quite a few over three figures, I have never heard such bullshit.

What we do is identify a specific animal, after that I shoot whenever an opportunity comes our way.

But, where we hunt is not on a farm, where no matter how long it takes, one can always find his chosen pet.

I know, because I have hunted on farms in South Africa.

Watching Cal being guided by Mark Sullivan is like watching Tom and Jerry.

When Tom sees a female cat and he follows her with his tung hanging down to the ground!

Bloody hell!

I could never imagine a grown man worship another like this.

I remember once Cal saying that non of us criticizing Sullivan are fit to walk in his shoes!

Can you imagine saying that?

Frankly, there is no one that I can imagine myself walking in his shoes.

The thought never enters a normal man’s mind.

Classless, characterless, spineless wimps think like that.

Incredible!

Going all the way to Africa, to “hunt” with a 600 Nitro Express, and being unable to hit a buffalo at spear throwing range??

What is the point?

And to go as far as posting it on a YouTube??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
2 running buffalo

This is what a proper buffalo hunt looks like.

We followed these early one morning, saw them running up a hillside.

I hit one in the rear, and he turned and ran down parallel to us.

The second one we followed all day, finally getting him late in the afternoon.

No fence.

No bullshit talk.

No offering the buffalo food rotflmo

No over blown ego with an over blown big bore.

Using a rifle a hunter knows how to use.

A 375, as Harry mentioned, all one needs.

Nice shooting, Saeed!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whew! That video was fun!, Thanks, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That second buff shot was more impressive to me than the running shots - hard to picture the vitals. I tried that once (shoot the black spot!) and ended up tracking all day long. Finally got him, but doubt I would try it again.

Very nice shooting Saeed.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome short vid. Good shooting too! When that second buff ran to the side it must have been quite the adrenaline rush!

Well done

Craig

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
"my name is Mark Sullivan, but until today it used to be Mark of Death."

"More like the Mark of puke and shit"

A member with a sense of humor sent me the above! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I was the one that caught the quotes about "the feed over there" and "Mark of Death" (I did, and still enjoy Steven Seagal films, as he is a 2A supporter, but his Russian deal...), Cal has been a good contributor to this forum. Mark Sullivan also added much to the Stu Taylor benefit.

Saeed, you contributed quite a bit to the recovery for Stu. I wish I had been the lucky one to hunt in Florida after the drawing, but I believe the winner and host said he was quite the gentleman.

He's definitely an Alpha Male in a world/forum of Alphas. I have been a lucky guest of this forum and a recipient of a few years of your TZ hunts. I am grateful.

That being said, on the first buff, was it an instinct shot, similar to a shotgun? I have shot a few game animals the same, but rarely would they be able to gore me.

As crazy as the world might be these days, let's join in as hunters. We are already outnumbered.

This is a plea hoping we can. Many outfitters across the world are hurting so much, but don't need dessension.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:
quote:

I was the one that caught the quotes about "the feed over there" and "Mark of Death" (I did, and still enjoy Steven Seagal films, as he is a 2A supporter, but his Russian deal...), Cal has been a good contributor to this forum. Mark Sullivan also added much to the Stu Taylor benefit.

Saeed, you contributed quite a bit to the recovery for Stu. I wish I had been the lucky one to hunt in Florida after the drawing, but I believe the winner and host said he was quite the gentleman.

He's definitely an Alpha Male in a world/forum of Alphas. I have been a lucky guest of this forum and a recipient of a few years of your TZ hunts. I am grateful.

That being said, on the first buff, was it an instinct shot, similar to a shotgun? I have shot a few game animals the same, but rarely would they be able to gore me.

As crazy as the world might be these days, let's join in as hunters. We are already outnumbered.

This is a plea hoping we can. Many outfitters across the world are hurting so much, but don't need dessension.

I have done so much shotgun shooting, many things do happen instinctively.

A couple of years ago someone saw a hyena running from the river.

We were in the truck, and it was going to pass an opening where the our road is.

I jumped out, and put the scope power up to 8, as the road is quite long, and I was sure the hyena would be following it once it gets onto it.

It suddenly appeared from the bush right on top of us, I think it was about 12 yards.

It was running at full speed crossing the road.

Trouble was the scope was set at high magnification, and there is no way in hell I can turn it down in the few seconds it would take to cross the truck road.

I just swung the rifle ahead of it and pulled the trigger, hitting it in the neck!

Alan said "bloody hell! How did you do that?"

"Beats me mate! It ran into the bullet!"

I do agree with you that we should support our fellow outfitters and professional hunters.

They are hurting like anyone who has a business, or even more.

But, we should support HONEST people.

People who do not go out of their way to work illegally.

And those who take it upon themselves to bring such shameful behavior here are not going to get away with it.

AR is open to all outfitters and professional hunters to advertise their hunts, free of charge.

All we ask is that their dealing is honest and above board.

No one is being charged a penny, and those in the profession who have been dealing with AR members in the manner one would expect, continue to send me messages of appreciations for providing this service on AR.

Cal started this expecting to give his silly kiss Mark Sullivan arse adventure some legitimacy, as AR is well known that its members won't stand for lies and fakery.

He took it upon himself to single me out, spouting endless lies about his silly non hunt, and the hero he so worships.

I gave him enough rope, and he outdone himself in hanging both himself, and his hero.

And I have absolutely no sympathy for either of them.

Someone with Mark Sullivan's past, and how he got all his fame, should crawl under a rock and never to be heard from again.

Instead he gets himself illegally employed, and gets rank amateurs who are clueless about hunting buffalo, bring their 600 Nitro Express, make a bloody mockery of what hunting should be, and have the audacity to post it on Youtube!

Those last mentioned certainly do NOT deserve any sympathy from any of us.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
"I give you my permission now to shoot the buffalo". Was that Hollywood or is it required?

Answer: Hollywood. Big Grin

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
It's often quoted how we hunters should stand together,how the anti's are winning the battle bla bla bla!!
Ok lets put out Ms's videos & his schtick out for the general public to see? lets see what the reaction would be? I would bet he would find the deepest hole to hide in over the outcry that would follow,I would almost bet that some crazy anti would give him a choice of some sort yes?
It's not just hunters joining together but also to keep our ranks clean,do not stand behind what is deplorable to our sport,weed out the bad seeds who give us a bad name for profit.

Saeed has created this great site,I agree & respect his views on hunting ethics,I am sure the majority on here do,it's not political,it's honorable,it's our passion,we all do not have to agree on everything but we sure do need to keep our ranks clean.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Another glorious video that puts Cal’s and Sean’s claims to shame!

I just love AR members!

I got the above video link from one of our members.

He said if there is anyone left, with any doubt, that Mark Sullivan is running an illegal hunting operation, should see this video.

Shamelessly displayed on YouTube!

The farm owner is in cahoots with them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Cal. He is a good guy and generous with his double rifle knowledge. I am not a MS fan.

That video noted above is pathetic. I have shot a few buff, but never in an open pasture and never needing 6 shots. Not sure what this is about but the video does none of us any good.

Posts: 10148 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
That video noted above is pathetic

Is there anything associated with Mark Sullivan and buffalo hunting that is NOT pathetic?

I went back and had a look at this glorious show of silly idiots, with their 577 Nitro Express double rifles, making utter fools of themselves.

What was that shining behind in the background at about 6.09 minute?

Was it a truck?

The proud client had so much buffalo experience he thought this was going to be an easy hunt.

But apparently it turned out to be his most difficult!??

I would hate to have seen his other hunts!

Any decent shot would have brained that pet with a push feed Remington 700 in 308 Winchester!

Mark Sullivan claims he had shot 600 buffalo n his 28 years of .

That is over 21 buffalo a year!!??

Does he shoot all his stupid, ignorant, silly clients buffaloes??

Cal, lease enlighten us, he is your hero so obviously you must know the answer! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Please check your PM

Regards

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Esskay:
Saeed,
Please check your PM

Regards

Thank you.

The world famous professional hunter Mark Sullivan shooting a farm bred, pet lion!

Even the lion looks like some fat slop who cannot walk 10 yards! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well after the second video it is clear he is acting as a pro hunter in SA as he spells it out on his own. I guess we all know now even though clients may not pay him direct he is getting paid. Could lead to trouble for clients since it is clear now.

just another SA scam from some of the bad ones over there who will do anything to make a buck. funny now that the proof is out certain people stopped posting or sticking up for the joke who started the whole thread

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
well after the second video it is clear he is acting as a pro hunter in SA as he spells it out on his own. I guess we all know now even though clients may not pay him direct he is getting paid. Could lead to trouble for clients since it is clear now.

just another SA scam from some of the bad ones over there who will do anything to make a buck. funny now that the proof is out certain people stopped posting or sticking up for the joke who started the whole thread

The silly excuse that Cal did not pay him does not hold water.

Sean is the booking agent, he would collects all the money and pay the farm owner, who in turn pays Mark Sullivan.

I honestly cannot understand Cal and others here making all the excuses for this illegal activity, when they themselves post these videos on YouTube!

This takes stupidity to the next level! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another glorious video that puts Cal’s and Sean’s claims to shame!

I just love AR members!

I got the above video link from one of our members.

He said if there is anyone left, with any doubt, that Mark Sullivan is running an illegal hunting operation, should see this video.

Shamelessly displayed on YouTube!

The farm owner is in cahoots with them.

5:05

"This great buffalo here my client and I just shot him yesterday"

That statement establish clearly a proffessional business relation between acting conductour and a client. Even a first day law student can se this.

Besides all this whether MS has broken a law or not I would still love to meet him.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the videos make it clear who was the ph and how it is a scam at best. makes you wonder how many of the storys are true now about all his hunting. I know for myself listing to him talk makes me sick and clear he is no one I would want to hunt with.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
the videos make it clear who was the ph and how it is a scam at best. makes you wonder how many of the storys are true now about all h Wink is hunting. I know for myself listing to him talk makes me sick and clear he is no one I would want to hunt with.

I basically have tried to not comment on this whole mess, but your post made me laugh. I watched the video the other day and my wife was glancing over and listening. Her one comment, after Mark had gone into one of his short speeches was, "Who is that phoney prick?"
Made me inhale some coffee and sputter. Smiler Wink

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, definitely says he is "conducting" the hunt.

What doesn't make sense to me is the client. He says he hunted with MS (presumably in Tanzania) on 9 hunts prior to this one. Why would anyone hunt a buffalo in a pasture in RSA if they have hunted them in Tanzania in years prior? Obviously, it is not the cheap cost as he probably can still afford a free range hunt in a country outside of RSA.

Wonder if the hunt was gratis so they could make the advertising video?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote