ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Fifth Safari with Sebra Hunting Safaris
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fifth Safari with Sebra Hunting Safaris
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
scruffy: Do you happen to know Flip's last name? I knew a Flip over there a few years back that lost his wife to either cancer or an auto accident. Just checking to see if it is one and the same.

In all the years that I have hung around the area I think that I asked about a last name only once and I have long forgotten it.

Flip and Juliana had two sons and like their parents they are the nicest of people.

My amigo, Old Sir Phill and I were building our funky little hunting camp one year and we would often go into Kamanjab for supplies whether it was food or nails or whatever. On hot afternoons we would sometimes pick up ice cream bars.

We drove an ancient land rover with out a top and after it quit forever we got its twin. The second one was even worse and the local mechanic worked on it so often (to no avail, really) that when I found out that he later committed suicide - I can not say that I was totally suprised.

Phill and I had a charge account which was really nice as we felt like we were sort of residents in Namibia and not necessarily ten day tourists. When I was heading back to Canada after six weeks (Phill was there three months) we drove into Kamanjab to settle the bill.

The following July we showed up again - all bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for more adventures. The first thing that Juliana said to us was, 'Guys, I made a mistake on your bill last year. I owe you $400.'

Juliana fought cancer for years. We miss her very much. She was very kind to a couple of grizzled old Canuckers ..

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Scruffy: Where is your camp in relation to downtown Kamanjab? I know many of the white ranchers and PH’s in that area, and they’re all solid, hard working honest people.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote