ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Ethiopian highland hunt- Buchanan hunts

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ethiopian highland hunt- Buchanan hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
You don’t see many mountain nyala hunting videos!

The Ethiopian highlands are truly beautiful and an adventure for any avid hunter. I can not wait to go back! Here is a small taste of what will be a full episode of “This Is Africa “ . Thanks so much to Northern Operations Africa ,PH Peter Wood and Guide Sisay for an amazing safari and well run operation.

https://youtu.be/Aw4b9d62l90

Posts: 107 | Registered: 04 September 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great hunt and episode!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7503 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Nice video. It's looks like an interesting hunt for sure.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Love it!
Thanks for sharing.

Ski+3
Whitefish, MT

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome! (Ever notice how many videos have music from the wrong country accompanying them?)

Grew up there, but never will have the money to hunt properly. I used to buy DVD's but YouTube stepped in. Marc Watts never got his trip published. Big Bore Productions is the last one I know of (Death In The Rift Valley).

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my bucket list ... tu2

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
That was outstanding, thanks.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Love it. So many familiar sights and faces.

My three week, three area Ethiopian adventure began on that same mountain, hunting out of that same camp.

In 18 safaris, nothing compares to my Ethiopian experience. It's about 95% adventure and 5% hunting, but well worth it if you can stand the price.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Beautiful but 12,000 feet would kill this flatlander.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool video! Thanks for posting that!

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous scenery!

Posts: 35 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: 08 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this- Its quite timely for me, as I am headed there in a couple months!

I can't wait!

Posts: 10462 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote