This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/8961043391

18 October 2013, 00:08
larryshores
Elephant/buff with CMS full report-pictures added
delay in posting the pictures.
18 October 2013, 00:27
JTEX
Keep it coming man.....and we do need pictures!

18 October 2013, 01:56
pagosawingnut
JTEX!
Cut him slack, right now, he is sick!!
19 October 2013, 03:26
LittleJoe
Such a great story with no pics. Ugh!!!! Get the deer out of the way so we can get down to some serious stuff like pics from this safari. Travel safe.
19 October 2013, 20:00
samir
Thanks for the report Larry. Sounds like you had a successful hunt. Good luck on the deer.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE
19 October 2013, 21:32
TrophyShotPrints
Enjoyed your report Larry...AWESOME tu2
48th Cape Buff... Wow Eeker tu2
20 October 2013, 18:11
L. David Keith
Looking forward to your pics Larry. I hope you get a good buck this week. Cheers, David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."
20 October 2013, 19:29
chilcotin hillbilly
sounds like a great trip. CMS boot camp, wearout a pair each trip!. My kind of hunting as well.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net
20 October 2013, 20:11
Aaron Neilson
Just waiting for the pics bro??? Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

21 October 2013, 21:41
The Norwegian
Enjoyable reading Smiler Especially reading about the catch of the day by BC Big Grin

You are talking about your watch having a GPS. What kind of watch is this ? ( mark, name,type ?? )

The more I know, the less I wonder !
22 October 2013, 06:18
boarkiller
Great report Larry.
Go get some whiteys.
I'm just gearing up for elk , mulie and whitey myself.
Kill some big ones

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”
22 October 2013, 06:25
larryshores
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Enjoyable reading Smiler Especially reading about the catch of the day by BC Big Grin

You are talking about your watch having a GPS. What kind of watch is this ? ( mark, name,type ?? )

The watch is a Garmin. I can't remember the model. I love having it along.

I will try and post pictures this week.
23 October 2013, 00:44
bwanajay
I enjoyed your post Larry. Sounds like my kind of Safari and you got to visit with Richard Harlan. Very Cool!
23 October 2013, 17:43
larryshores
Pictures are up.
23 October 2013, 17:55
matt u
Larry..Thanks for taking the time to post your report....Congratulations on your hunt...Outstanding!
23 October 2013, 18:01
Carl Frederik Nagell
Larry

Great report - thank you

Seems 13 is Buzz´s lucky number. I got my elephant on day 13 and I think Rob also got one on day 13!

good hunting

CF
23 October 2013, 18:35
Svinejakt
Dream hunt Smiler Thanks for posting!!
23 October 2013, 18:52
Paul Reed
Larry,

Congratulations on a superb hunt and excellent photos, thank you for posting., you always take us along for the ride. Glad to hear that you redeemed yourself on grysbok...who would have thought that the 416 Rem was a plains game round! With temperatures like that it makes hunting a challenge. I was wondering ...did you use any mineral or sports supplement besides just drinking water? I have found them to be very helpful in avoiding dehydration. Your report also emphasizes how important it is to pay attention to any medical issues, even apparently small as they have the ability to dramatically alter a hunt. Glad to hear that the few that you experienced did not. Keep an eye on your medical condition for the next few weeks though and see the doc if anything feels out of the ordinary. An unexplained fever is something to keep in the back of your mind if you develop anything out of the ordinary later on.

Also did you recover any of the Hornady solids? I was wondering how they performed.

Thanks again for an excellent report,

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS
23 October 2013, 18:54
Tim Vining
Great Report on a great hunt. Its a very good read along with the photos a great way to postpone getting started on my work this morning.

Tim

23 October 2013, 19:10
larryshores
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Reed:
Larry,

Congratulations on a superb hunt and excellent photos, thank you for posting., you always take us along for the ride. Glad to hear that you redeemed yourself on grysbok...who would have thought that the 416 Rem was a plains game round! With temperatures like that it makes hunting a challenge. I was wondering ...did you use any mineral or sports supplement besides just drinking water? I have found them to be very helpful in avoiding dehydration. Your report also emphasizes how important it is to pay attention to any medical issues, even apparently small as they have the ability to dramatically alter a hunt. Glad to hear that the few that you experienced did not. Keep an eye on your medical condition for the next few weeks though and see the doc if anything feels out of the ordinary. An unexplained fever is something to keep in the back of your mind if you develop anything out of the ordinary later on.

Also did you recover any of the Hornady solids? I was wondering how they performed.

Thanks again for an excellent report,

Paul

Paul:

I took individual packets of G-2 with me. It is basically low calorie Gatorade.

We did get a single DGS bullet. It traveled through several feet of the bull after the chest shot.

I have come down with sinus, ear and upper respiratory infections starting this past weekend. I think it started on the flight back.
23 October 2013, 19:44
The Norwegian
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:

The watch is a Garmin. I can't remember the model. I love having it along.

I will try and post pictures this week.

Thanks Larry - I found the Garmin watch. I have to have one of those. Also, thanks for a great report with picures. I have to take a serious look at my savings account .. Whistling

23 October 2013, 19:45
larryshores
I love having that watch. It is inexpensive.
23 October 2013, 19:56
The Norwegian
quote:
I love having that watch. It is inexpensive.

Yes - the watch is inexpensive... approx 540 US dollars here in Norway. A hunt with Buzz & Co cost somewhat more ... Wink I was thinking of the last one ... Big Grin

23 October 2013, 20:00
larryshores
Wow, I think we pay about $150.
23 October 2013, 20:06
The Norwegian
quote:
Wow, I think we pay about $150.

Yes - I know. Taxes and custom toll, fees and freights, small market and high cost society. Profits to the factory and int distributor, importer/agent in Europe and Norway, wholeseller and retailer/shop.. You name it.

23 October 2013, 23:08
jeff h
Congrats Larry, well done beer

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER
02 November 2013, 13:21
Thierry Labat
Well done Larry.....good report and a well earned ele. Buzz - well done once again.

04 November 2013, 06:27
larryshores
Thanks brother.

I got to meet your wife at Collen's wedding.
04 November 2013, 14:31
subsailor74
Great report and photos - thanks for sharing. Dande is really a great place to hunt.
04 April 2014, 08:00
Marty
Thanks for the report and photos, and congratulations on a great hunt well done. I don't know how I missed this earlier, I just linked to it from the CMS website.
I'm leaving for Pedza next week, I hope I have a hunt as good as yours!
04 April 2014, 10:25
The Norwegian
Marty,

looking forward to the report from Pedza. Interesting to learn about conditions in April compared to 6 months later - I will be there in Sep/Oct.

Morten

04 April 2014, 16:58
Rusty
Nice hunt, Larry! Congratulations! Hope you feel better soon!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”
09 April 2014, 00:28
bwanamrm
Don't know how I missed this before. Great hunt Larry! Well done.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.
09 April 2014, 00:53
larryshores
quote:
Originally posted by Marty:
Thanks for the report and photos, and congratulations on a great hunt well done. I don't know how I missed this earlier, I just linked to it from the CMS website.
I'm leaving for Pedza next week, I hope I have a hunt as good as yours!

Marty:

You will have a great hunt. Those guys are a lot of fun.
09 April 2014, 23:15
infinito
Minister of Motumbo? Like in minister of guts? LOL!

Buzz, good show of a consummate professional to let your clients catch all the big tigers bro!
13 April 2014, 04:58
Fjold
Great report Larry! It seems like you really earned your elephants.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

14 April 2014, 09:49
PD999
Superb report; thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling
25 April 2014, 04:34
Aziz
Hello Larry

Congratulations, I enjoyed your report and photos very much.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg