ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Double Buffalo Hunt with Lindon Stanton

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Buffalo Hunt with Lindon Stanton
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted
7 day buff
Outfitter- Chifuti Safaris
Operator- Mbalabala Safaris
Ph- Lin Stanton
Hunter- Steve
Observer- Len
Area- Nuanetsi Ranch

Chifuti safaris had offered a late season special on buffalo. I had Steve from Australia who had asked for any specials on buff so I arranged the hunt for early November. This was going to be a very hot seven days. After collecting Steve and Len from the Victoria Falls we made the eleven hour trip down to Nuanetsi Ranch,once we reached the beautiful Mbizi Camp we settled then set about sighting in the old .375 that I had arranged for Steve to use. After a lovely meal a good nights sleep was in order after a long day.

Up early we set off in search of buffalo. We had seven days so we would try and get a big bull over 40". It wasn't long into the hunt and we came across seven dagga boys that had drank at a pan earlier that morning. Because of the heat the Bulls wouldn't move all that far from the water,it took us about an hour to find the Bulls bedded down in some shade we stalked in to about 40 meters and had a good look at all the Bulls in here was one we thought might go 41" but turned him down as he was a little soft and another two in the big thirties.We left those Bulls and found another three Bulls at a different pan after an hour or two we caught up with them only to find one solid bossed bull of about thirty five inches and the others were soft bossed.

The following day we found five dagga boys had drank at a pan called Esigodini we started tracking them at 11:30, the heat was almost unbearable,it took the trackers about two hours to find the dagga boys resting up in some acacia trees. Steve and I stalked for a closer look but before we got close enough one of the Bulls spotted us and took off as they ran it was clear that they had joined another ten Bulls. One of the Bulls was well over forty inches. We decided to leave them for an hour or so whilst we had some lunch and a rest in the shade.
After lunch we took up the tracks that we had left behind tracking was pretty easy as there were so many Bulls. We caught up to the Bulls feeding in the late evening. Because of the wind we skirted around ahead of the and watched them feeding towards us. There was a huge bull in the herd I estimated him to be 47" with a good solid boss. Unfortunately I had been warned not to shoot this particular bull as he was a breeding bull and his genitcs were needed in the area. It was hard to turn down such a big bull but it was one of those things that had to be done.

The next few days we spent following dagga boys but finding nothing what we were looking for. On day four we came accord nine Bulls with some huge tracks in them. We followed them all day and late in the afternoon we caught them feeding ahead of us. We moved ahead of them set up the shooting sticks and waited. It wasn't long before the Bulls started appearing one by one, it was a perfect set up as the Bulls moved into the open no more than 30 yards in front of us. After looking at the herd we decided to shoot a bull with huge bosses and a very good spread. The .375 bellowed and the bull took off away from us. I asked Steve if he was confident of his shot and he was as we started to follow I heard the bellowing of the dieing bull. Putting another shot into him to make sure he was dead we walked up to him and could see his bosses were huge and had a spread of 38".

The next few days we spent looking for a second buff. We looked at over 50 or sixty Bulls over four days lots of Bulls in there high thirties but not many in the four ties until we came across two Bulls on the last day late in the afternoon. We had been tracking eight Bulls after we had looked over all of them I called my truck on the radio asking my driver to pick us up on the road, as he arrived he was very excited saying he had seen two Bulls one of them was very wide as it was after 5pm we had to hurry as the light was fading fast. Picking there tracks up we followed we could see by they way they were walking that they were in no rush and took us about ten mins to find them feeding. I got Steve into position and watched the bull feeding in front of us, we watched him for what seemed like ten mins but was only two or three. We wanted a bull over forty I decided with the help of Dean our apprentice that this bill would go over forty. Boom the sound of the .375 erupted and the bull took off. We followed for ten mins but we kept bumping the bull and as it was late we decided to leave him and return early in the morning.

Returning early in the morning we found the bull, 50 meters from where we had left him the night before - very much alive! We followed him, cautiously, fortunately for us he never charged! Putting another shot in him, he went down. He measured 42" with 12 " bosses, a really fantastic bull. It was a great ending to a good safari. Thank you to Chifuti Safaris, Sandy the Camp Manager and Dean the Appy for all their hard work.

Lin Stanton
Email: lindon@mbalabalasafaris.com
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

Posts: 134 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 19 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Some damn fine old bulls!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very well done!!!!

Posts: 10152 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Bull well done

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very well done! That second buff is fantastic!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those two together make up pretty much the perfect pair of trophy buffalo.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Beautiful old bulls, both of them.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By far the best buffalo I have seen coming out of Nuanetsi.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
2 fantastic bulls!! Well done Lin and Steve. Brent Leesmay has done an outstanding job making Nuanetsi what it is. Well done Mandla!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats and thanks for posting!

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing bulls! Wish I have someday )

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
Awesome!! Congrtas Steve that was definitely worth the long drive.

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Nice Bulls!!.....Congratulations

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Congrats

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Very well done Lin, what a lovely pair of buffalo bulls, congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, old bulls.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Lin, congrats to all.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great bulls. Congrats.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lin, well done on guiding your clients onto those magnificent bulls.

Posts: 492 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 26 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats to all. Cheers.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doug Duckworth
posted Hide Post
Two fine Dagga Boys. Well done Lin

Doug Duckworth
Professional Hunter
Mokore Safaris
@dougduckworthsafaris
dougduckworth@mokore.com
www.mokoresafarisafrica.com
@dougduckworthsafaris.com

posted Hide Post
Hey Lin,

Congrats on these two buffalo. I have sent a PM.

Look forward to hearing from you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice bulls. Well Done. Congrats!!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great bulls! How hot did it get during the day?

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
Hi
It got to about 110f the first few days then it cooled down a little.

Lin Stanton
Email: lindon@mbalabalasafaris.com
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

Posts: 134 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 19 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Second buff is proper.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Second buff is proper.

tu2

If we were to apply the aging of a Lion theory, the first one would be slightly short of the mark Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful bulls! Congrats.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just booked a hunt in this area with Lin and I am quite excited!

I would love to bag a 40" plus buff with a boss like that.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ali Hakim
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt, excellent trophies and great photographs, well done

Ali Hakim

Posts: 58 | Location: a luangwa hunt by ali hakim | Registered: 19 July 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted Hide Post
Those are two fantastic trophies! Well done to the PH and the hunter!

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote