Find
Notify
Tools

Crusader Safaris South Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted
The hunting reports forum seems a little slow, so while I'm waiting for dinner, I'll post a few photos from my ongoing safari at Unkomaas. I'm not quite midway through a 9-day safari.

I'll put together a more thorough report later, but for now -

I'm quite happy with the nyala:

Besides nyala, I'm hunting for bushbuck and bushpig. But along the way, we found a few other things to hunt:

Dinner is served, so I'm going to eat, but here are a couple more photos.

Posts: 675 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hannay,

I've been right there. Andrew and company will take good care of you. Nice trophies.

Congrats!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats. I was there 1 year ago this week and had a fantastic time with Andrew. Taking my family over and will be hunting with him in about 4 weeks.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Great pics and trophies! I was there in 2017 and had a fantastic time. I got Kudu, Nyala, and Bushbuck, among other things. Umkomaas is a wonderful place.

Good luck on the remainder of your hunt.

Andy

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Hannay! Have fun!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbax
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Fantastic and well done

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Crusader on my first Africa hunt. They were great, especially as a starter Safari. We did 9 days as well. Started and ended at the home base but traveled to the Cowy region and to the Karoo where we stayed in a grand old house with grand old hosts Smiler

Ended up shooting 16 critters. All good, some spectacular.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Great picts and thanks for sharing. If you do not mind me asking who did you fly over with and what airports. Trying to find a flight for later this summer. Going to take two days just to get there with the reduction in flights.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Crusader has produced fantastic trophies as a free-range destination and never heard anything but compliments about Andrew.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Great picts and thanks for sharing. If you do not mind me asking who did you fly over with and what airports. Trying to find a flight for later this summer. Going to take two days just to get there with the reduction in flights.

Just to be clear, this was summer of 2019 and I scheduled the safari between two meetings in Europe, so I actually flew Amsterdam-London-Durban on British Airways. I did not bring a rifle with me. The London-Durban connection worked great. The Durban airport (King Shaka International Airport) is very modern and everything went smoothly both ways.

Good luck flying

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats. I love that camp. Memories popped up this week from when I hunted there exactly 2 years ago. Andrew runs a great free range operation.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Memories popped up this week from when I hunted there exactly 2 years ago. Andrew runs a great free range operation.

Thanks Tim - your report was one of the ones I read that prompted me to go in the first place. So thanks for that!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first trip to Africa was with Crusader in 2017. Hunted buff in the Greater Kruger followed by plains game at Umkomas. Awesome trip. Would definitely recommend.