ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Classic Safaris...Vaughan Fulton...Namibia

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Safaris...Vaughan Fulton...Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My wife and I just returned from our first safari, we hunted with Vaughan Fulton of Classic Safaris, Windhoek Namibia.

We couldn't have asked for a better trip! Vaughan exceeded our expectations at every turn!

We hunted Vaughan's new 440,000 acre concession that borders the west side of Etosha National Park. This wasn't a "ranch" hunt, it was an old fashioned safari on tribal lands, complete with tent camp and the works! The list of different animals we saw is extremely long, starting with Ardvark and ending with Zebra! I took an old Hartmann's mountian zebra stallion the second day, a 39.5" Gemsbuck bull the third day, my wife took a 14.5" springbuck the fifth day and I took a 50.5" kudu the sixth day. The seventh day we moved down to a ranch so my wife could try for warthog and so we would be close enough to Windhoek to make our flight home the next day. We had a flat on the way out and had to change it and stop to get it fixed at the next town..... that, combined with the distance we had to drive, cut our time short and we didn't get the warthog but we weren't too disappointed.....

The morning I killed my Gemsbuck, we saw over 30 giraffe, over 250 Gemsbuck and I don't know how many springbuck!!! This place is loaded with game!!! We passed on several kudu bulls early in the week and took the 50.5" bull on the last day. I'm certain we could have done better with more time but I am very proud of the bull! It's hard to complain about an animal that makes the SCI book and taking it in the mountains makes it even more special!

I'll post photos when they are developed, but there is no way a photo can capture the beauty of this place!

Now I just have to figure out how to get back as quickly as possible!!!

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey GH,

It is good to have you two back. I can't wait to see the pictures. It won't be too long before you will be taking your boys over there!! I know you are gunning for a leopard!!

Welcome Back,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhh man!

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Kalle Stolt>
posted
Great to hear!

I know what you mean as I hunted with Vaughan a month ago.

Did you shot your Kudu in the mountains of "Palm Springs" as I did?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kalle

Yes, I did shoot the Kudu in the mountains near Palm Springs, shot my Gemsbuck in that area too! Wasn't the ride through the river bottom canyon to palm springs spectacular!!!!!

We talked about you many times, sounds like you had as great a trip as we did!

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
GonHuntin,

Congratulations, sounds like a great hunt. Can you post the contact information for Vaughan, for future reference? Thanks.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry

You can reach Vaughan at:

vfulton@africaonline.com.na

Mark

one of us
posted Hide Post
I met Vaughan in 95 and hunted with him in 97. He gives 100% all the time. GH you took some super animals.

Mike

Posts: 1845 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Kalle Stolt>
posted
GH,

Yes, our trip was truly great and yes, that ride through the riverbottom was spectacular (ouch, whop, yihaa, umpf, uh)! Just like driving around in a Ferrari in Palm Springs No. 2 I guess...
However, hunting and shooting one's first Kudu there with the view over the bush and the "Entdeka mountains" was worth every bit of "bumping" - definately! Can't imagine a more beautiful landscape.

one of us
posted Hide Post
a few photos from the hunt

Africa 2002

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
GonHuntin,

Outstanding trophies, everyone of them. Do you have any pictures of the tented camp?

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry

Yes, I do have photos of the camp....... unfortunately, as you can probably see from the top photo on the website, my page feed scanner has started scratching the prints as they scan....so, I don't want to use it until I can figure out what is wrong. I'm suppose to borrow a flat bed scanner this weekend, so maybe I'll have more photos next week?

Mark

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
GH,

Great pictures!! Post some more after you get that other scanner rolling. It is great to see Mrs. GH in there with her Springbok!!

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote