New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cameroon 2022 - A Photo Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here are some pics of a hunt I completed in January 2022 with Faro Safari Club in Cameroon. It was truly an epic hunt in a wild piece of Africa. Tracking Giant Eland on foot through the Savannah has to be the pinnacle of plains game hunting.

All images captured by Tim Jandrell of Black Lion Productions

I sincerely hope you all enjoy!

Posts: 376 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I can't see the photo's but I will 100% agree that a proper LDE tracking hunt is the purest of all tracking hunts.

One of, if not Africa's finest prizes awaits you at the end of the track.

Perfect.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Love the photos, congrats!

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely marvelous!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your incredible photos with us. A proper safari in every sense of the word.

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7574 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flipping fantastic, not helping my urge to get there and soon!!

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Simply outstanding.

Posts: 747 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 10095 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos! Congrats on your success!

Posts: 126 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing. Congratulations on an excellent safari.

Posts: 3835 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Great safari! The terrain looks exactly like were I hunted north east of Ngoundere. The city itself was very different with a mosque across the street from a Catholic Church. The taxis were motorbikes driven by guys dressed for an Artic winter. Well done.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some great photos. Thank you.

Posts: 117 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

I definitely want to do this hunt some time.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

Thank you for sharing with us.

Personally, I don't see the point of ruining photos by having them in black and white.

So much detail is lost.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Beautiful country and images. You are priming my pump for our hunt in Cameroon next year. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great collection of images and trophies. What a lovely heavy LDE that was. The buffalo are spectacular.

Let's hope that Cameroon remains safe for hunters.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those pictures tell a heck of a story, big congrats on some beautiful animals.

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Great pics and evocative of my own memories of Cameroon. Fully agree with your thoughts of tracking Giant Eland. Congrats on a great hunt and many thanks for posting.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend, that is an EXCELLENT photo report. I'll second that the pictures really tell a story.

Cameroon is high on my list.

Also: In case some of you haven't noticed, MD doesn't mess around... He has a strong tendency to collect some absolutely spectacular trophies wherever he goes!

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My sincerest thanks to one and all for the kind comments. I truly appreciate it. Words cannot really describe the adventure that awaits the visiting hunter. I really hope the pictures did some justice!

Cameroon is a strange place, Douala ranks up there as one of the worst cities I have ever been to. The people are rude and unfriendly. Navigating through the airport, everyone has their hand out for a bribe. However, once you enter the bush, you are rewarded with one of the most pristine game rich environments I have ever seen. The hunting was truly spectacular.

Posts: 376 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baker458:
My friend, that is an EXCELLENT photo report. I'll second that the pictures really tell a story.

Cameroon is high on my list.

Also: In case some of you haven't noticed, MD doesn't mess around... He has a strong tendency to collect some absolutely spectacular trophies wherever he goes!

Thank you very much my friend! I just get lucky sometimes! I could say the same about you! Your Leopard is stuff dreams are made off!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Great safari! The terrain looks exactly like were I hunted north east of Ngoundere. The city itself was very different with a mosque across the street from a Catholic Church. The taxis were motorbikes driven by guys dressed for an Artic winter. Well done.

Ngaoundere was full of mosques and churches, people there were much friendlier and hospitable compared to Douala. Is there a link to your report? I would love to read it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding hunt and photos. Reminds me of a PH that had black and white photos of his trackers over the years framed in his home against a red wall. It was very nice. Next year, I vow to take those kinds of pictures. Awesome hunt and photos.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing. Great photos.

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
The savannah is a special place. Hot, dusty and dry. Miles and miles of walking while mopane flies have their way with you. Oh, but the prize is worth it all. Well done!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7510 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to post these wonderful photos, and congrats on some truly beautiful trophies.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the photos. Thanks for sharing.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Can only echo what other have posted already - fantastic photos and great animals! Well done and thank you for sharing!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2255 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
Great imagination in the photos. I love the black and white

Posts: 255 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, Congrats!

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Superb photos of a grand hunt.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Love it, thanks

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Simply outstanding! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You captured Cameroon perfectly in your photos. Cameroon is a special destinations and worlds away from a safari in Southern Africa.

Well done!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats.

your black and white photos bring back like the very old time thank you so much.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing photos! Thank you for sharing.

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. Hunting LDE is indeed the pinnacle of plains game hunting. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful trophies and you brought back some great memories of my LDE safari in Cameroon.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
LDE, if i could afford it, would be my very next hunt

amazing pics

stuart williams
+27832663245
stuart@tallyho.co.za
tallyho hunting safaries

Posts: 17 | Location: south africa | Registered: 16 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Another fan of B&W. Long live Tri-X