Ganyana Safaris - Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Outfitter: Ganyana Safaris http://www.ganyana.com/

PH: Roy Vincent and Alan Vincent
Area: Matetsi
Date: October 1999, 2000, 2001

Animals hunted: Duiker, impala, warthog, hyena, reedbuck, lion, kudu, sable, waterbcuk, zebra, leopard, buffalo, elephant.

Well, what can I say about a PH that I have hunted with 10 times so far, and look forward to hunting with him many times more.

Roy has been a PH for over 30 years, he has an exceptional and deserved reputation of being a very hard working and honest man.

I have yunted with him for the first time in 1982, when he was working with Rosslyn Safaris. Then in 1993 and 1994 while he had Westwood Safaris with another partner. From 1995 to 1999 we hunted with him in Chete. And in the past 3 years we hunted with him in his new concession at Matetsi.

He and his wife Rene always made us feel at home, and tried their best to make our hunt as enjoyable as possible.

Alan normally joins us as a video camera man. He also accompanied us on two safaris to South Africa.

Very highly recommended.

Posts: 66749 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outfitter: Ganyana Safaris http://www.ganyana.com/

PH: Alan Vincent
Area: Matetsi
Date: December 2000(6 days), September 2001(19 days),October 2002(25-28days),Sept 2003(I'm there)

Animals hunted: Duiker, Klipspringer, Giraffe, impala, warthog, hyena, brushbuck, reedbuck, lion, kudu, sable, waterbcuk, zebra, leopard, buffalo, elephant and baboons.

I cant add anything to what Saeed has said about the Vincent family. One thing i should mention is how good the food is. WOW their chef is amazing by any standards. I'm sure the only reason Saeed didnt mention this is because Walter gets to the food first. just look at the pictures. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
I can't agrre more. I was scheduled to hunt with Wayne Clark of Ukhozi Safaris on his familys ranch land in Gwanda. However dur to the government not allowing him to hunt his own land, Wayne made arrangments to unt in Matetsi. Wayne and Alan are good friends and the Vincents welcomed us. The facilitys are exceptional as most have seen from Saeeds photos. The food was great the the service of the staff was was fantastic. Wayne Clark was my PH and we took ten animals in Matetsi Including Buffalo, Sable and a great Waterbuck. My wife and I hope to return there again. [Big Grin]

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote