Login/Join

One of Us
posted
DN

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Well done Nick. Once George and Harry had "tagged out" Buzz and I were really pulling for you and Pete. Buzz told me the story about the frequent changes in PHs, that coupled with my comment on AR about drawing the short straw to hunt with Pete, I am sure there were days when you were wondering whether you had in fact drawn the short straw. Glad you were able to put the VC .500 to work . . . beautiful rifle. Enjoyed spending time in Mururu with you and your mates. Congrats.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Well done Nick, those kind of situations will turn you into a gray haired old man. Just like the rest of us.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Nice report
Congratulations on your Safari!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That should have got your heart going!!! Nice report

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
A great hunt indeed - buffalo, elephant and lion charge and all that tension. What an experience. Thanks for sharing.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's awesome Nick - well done to you and the CMS crew!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Once again congratulation on what was a great Safari mate.
Now for what next time?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a successful safari, what a way to get introduced to Africa. Well done with the report but would love to see some pics.
Was talking to Buzz a few days before your party arrived and he was very concerned that there might not be enough Beer in camp for three Aussies at once!!!

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
Nick, Great report well done, so any ideas for our next trip ?

SJB, The beer stocks for us was good no problems, it's the crew after us that's got the problem Smiler

Posts: 119 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Harry, Nick. A double rifle Bull Ele or multi Cow Ele or multi Buff hunt next?
Oh, and 9.3x62 for Hyena and Eland... Wink

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
A multi buff sounds like a plan and Eland is definitely on the cards.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Here are some photos;
http://www.cmsafaris.com/zimba...-gallery/gallery.htm

Harry, Perhaps a Westley Richards Safari Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Here are some photos;

Couple of really nice bulls taken with CMS at Ngamo...Buzz..do you know how much they weighed?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
Nick, without doubt great company and a great hunt, looking forward to our next adventure, lets get planning.

Adam, a Westley Richards Safari is going to happen regardless.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Here are some photos;

Couple of really nice bulls taken with CMS at Ngamo...Buzz..do you know how much they weighed?

Low 60's for both elephant is what I heard from Myles.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Lovely report.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you guys had a great hunt. Alan and I were the two Aussies in camp before you guys turned up and had a great time with Blake, Pete "Fester" Barnard, Buzz and Mike. I'm sure Mike thought we had a few screws loose so I hope you guys held up the Aussie reputation! (and didn't get caught in any left over booby traps!)

We had a great trip so am not surprised you guys did also. Great guys and a good set up.

Cheers

DK

Posts: 82 | Location: Australia | Registered: 05 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
Nick,

Great report, felt like I was there with you. Can't wait to get back.

Thanks very much!

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
Hey DK1, we did our best to hold up the Assiie reputation, but cudos to whomever bogged festers landcrusier in the dry river bed, thought that was gold.

All three of us had an awsome safari, we can't wait to get back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Rigby,

Bogging Pete's cruiser was indeed my doing and was the practical joke that was one too many... He got me back, good, but I can't type it on the web!

We had lots of laughs, Pete got a wasabi time bomb in his entree one night too. Cook and waiter weren't too happy about participating!

We also had great Borris (stuffed hyena) joke on my hunting companion. He put 6 rounds into it after scoping himself on the second shot before he realised!

We also enjoyed some fantastic hunting between these pranks and adequate refreshments!

Cheers

DK

Posts: 82 | Location: Australia | Registered: 05 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DK1:
Hi Rigby,

Bogging Pete's cruiser was indeed my doing and was the practical joke that was one too many... He got me back, good, but I can't type it on the web!

Cheers

DK

Fantastic effort! That would almost be a hanging offence in Zim..

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun (or more than should be)was had by all!!! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great stuff.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal