ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    CMS Late Season Hunt . . . Return to the Valley
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMS Late Season Hunt . . . Return to the Valley
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike and Buzz are ethical folks. I’m sure they were more upset about having to shoot those elephant than those HSUS folks care about the dogs they have put down in their shelters.

I guarantee you this true!

No hunter wishes to shoot an animal he has gone out to hunt.

We avoid, as much as we can, getting into this sort of situation.

But sometimes one has no choice.

The stupid idiots from HSUS and PETA are the biggest murderers of animals on this planet!

They play on the emotions of clueless city dwellers, and line up their pockets with so called donations!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think what some are saying is this, Here is a man who has all kinds of stuff to say about Raised lions that get hunted or any other form of hunting he does not like. He bases his thoughts on how it hurts us all as hunters when guys do certain things,

Then he goes hunts female ele. and then post about the problem they had and what they did like it could help us as hunters. Kind of a double standard really. Things do happen and I myself have no problem how the hunt happen and think they did the right thing. Just don't need certain people telling me what I do hurts us but then tells there story like it is a help to us all.

I have said before we stand together or die apart as a group. Just cant have it both ways and keep the rights to hunt and do right for wildlife by picking only what you like. Seems maybe some should realize now wild or raised some people hate it all and do not care. They want all hunting stopped period.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
This thread has officially gone full retard

What is going on here? Are you all so hypersensitive to criticism that you cannot discern what is being said? I have listed 2 issues I have with the OP and how he is defending himself against criticism from the anti-hunting community:

1) By falsely stating that this event was caused by an "unprovoked" charge he thinks he is portraying himself as some innocent bystander unwittingly thrust into the center of a life threatening scenario where it was "do or die" and he chose survival. The problem with his supposition is that he was there intentionally, he had paid a professional to take him to hunt and kill elephants, he was engaging with elephants (even if they were being as careful as possible), the elephants felt threatened, charged and were killed. THAT IS NOT AN "UNPROVOKED" CHARGE and all the OP has done by squirming around trying to deflect responsibility is made himself look guilty of something.

2) Then, to add insult to injury, it comes out after he has described this event as a tragic accident, he has posted this thread with an air of bravado and has all of his internet buddies whooping it up about what a tough MF'er he is. Does the below pic or the pics at the top of the report look like a couple of guys that are "more upset" as CRButler claims about what just happened? This is 100% perfectly in line with what the OP has been haranguing others about for years, and then the first chance he gets to stroke his ego, all that holier than thou bullshit is forgotten

I have zero issue with elephant hunting, zero issue with these 2 elephants being killed when they charged. I have never questioned the OP or PH's ethics, skill set or intentions in reference to the hunt. I have zero issue with him posting a report with pictures that show the excitement, fear, happiness and relief after it all shook out.

I do take issue with him acting like a little bitch when the "public" cries out with disdain and he starts crawfishing and acting like he agrees with them that it is tragic but makes the excuse it was necessary to save human life from some rogue beasts trying to stomp on innocent bystanders. That makes this whole scenario more detrimental to hunting than any report or pictures and it plays into their hands. For goodness sake, be a man, you made a decision to involve yourself in something, own up to your part in it. Are you doing something shameful? I don't think so, then stop acting like you are, these are the actions of small minded people with no vision, scrambling to cover their ass like a child that has been caught red handed.

And for the rest of you, get off your knees and start thinking about what you type/say before you do it, it needs to make sense and be logical. If not, these people are going to tear you apart.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
My God, 505, aren’t you the brilliant wordsmith and logician.

By your “logic,” anyone driving on the highway deserves to be killed by a drunk driver.

Idiot.

Best regards,

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:

By your “logic,” anyone driving on the highway deserves to be killed by a drunk driver.

Idiot.

Best regards,

He is nothing more than a pathetic attention whore.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:

Idiot.

Best regards,

He is nothing more than a pathetic attention whore.

As I said, he has become a proud card carrying member of both PETA and HSUS!

He has got all the qualifications of being brainless!

They have the brain equivalent of a blade of ant eaten grass!

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Michael, I was thinking the same line of thought but based on airplanes.

"If you board a plane you should expect to crash! That's what you paid for so don't piss and cry when it happens!"

Nonsense !

lol

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
AR is built on the foundation of many different characters and free speech.

I hunted alongside 505 gibbs and he is a solid fellow and he is not scared to voice his opinions. However it would be more astute to confine such personal observations in a private message or a phone call.

Reason being the antis will lap this shit up as Mr Jines has experienced. We don't really need to be supplying ammunition to our enemies.

Does anyone else miss Crazyhorse?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Both Stretch Firerra and Ivan Carter would shoot that young cow if it had got that close to their clients in an aggressive way.
This can and does happen within the non hunting parks.

Nobody will go near a herd of cows, who have babies. I won't go near a woman with a baby. It takes years to get the trust of elephant cows. Sharon Pincott did get their trust and they came to her. Lawrence Antony did rehabilitate a group of Roque elephants by patience and trust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4nvQbfQAUg

Posts: 112 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 June 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy:
quote:
Both Stretch Firerra and Ivan Carter would shoot that young cow if it had got that close to their clients in an aggressive way.

Nobody will go near a herd of cows, who have babies. I won't go near a woman with a baby. It takes years to get the trust of elephant cows. Sharon Pincott did get their trust and they came to her. Lawrence Antony did rehabilitate a group of Roque elephants by patience and trust.

Bloody hell!

Another stupid, clueless post!

You won’t go near a woman with a baby?

What has this got to do with an elephant attacking people in the bush??

One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
A herd of cow elephants have little ones. You have never seen a woman who is acting aggressively when she just had a baby? Oh boy, work in a delivery room.
Female dogs act aggressively when they have pups, it is normal. It is not normal to go as a hunter into a herd of elephants to kill. They will charge.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
A herd of cow elephants have little ones. You have never seen a woman who is acting aggressively when she just had a baby? Oh boy, work in a delivery room.
Female dogs act aggressively when they have pups, it is normal. It is not normal to go as a hunter into a herd of elephants to kill. They will charge.

Great!

You are proving my point!

Your ignorance has no bounds! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You mean like the guy who spent year getting to know the brown bears in Alaska and gaining their trust? One day the bears decided to kill and eat him and his girl friend.

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
You mean like the guy who spent year getting to know the brown bears in Alaska and gaining their trust? One day the bears decided to kill and eat him and his girl friend.[/QUOTE]

This guy. https://allthatsinteresting.com/timothy-treadwell

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Wow, you must be a genius. You don't know that a herd of elephants are FEMALES with their offspring! So the ignorance "supposed to be hunters" go into a herd of elephants, they are surprised to be attacked. And then after killing two cows, they shake hands as if they are heroes and not mindless killers. Why don't you become a matador and stand in an arena facing a bull with a dagger? Most of the times the matador wins but sometimes the bull wins.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the afternoon of October the 5th, Treadwell and Huguenard checked in with a colleague in Malibu by satellite phone. Then, just 24 hours later, both campers were discovered dead, torn apart by a bear.

100% unprovoked Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
About bullfights. Today there are acrobats bullfights. But you have to be quite young and very fit. These guys are facing bulls who want to kill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PfAfJNi4GU

One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I know that story but how many people are being killed by people? This guy was naive but Sharon Pincott or Jane Goodale or Anna Breytenbach or Dian Fossey or Karen Paolilo, all interacting with wild animals without any treat only respect. "Are we smart enough to know how smart animals are"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le-74R9C6Bc

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Lizzy,

How many thousands of animals are killed by lying fakes like PETA and HSUS and other criminal organizations claiming to save animals?

Your last statement " are we smart enough to know how smart animals are" .

I do know exactly how smart animals are, I have lived all my life with animals.

And I GUARANTEE YOU I can pick anyone of the animals that I know - from dogs to camels, from cheetahs to gazelles, who are most certainly more intelligent, in a common sense way, than those supporting criminal organizations like PETA.

I have to agree with you, though, that I have some ostriches which you and your lot might have some competition to.

So called "animal rights" organizations are nothing but a bunch of utterly stupid idiots pulling the wool over clueless city dwellers to line up their own pockets.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Lizzy,

How many thousands of animals are killed by lying fakes like PETA and HSUS and other criminal organizations claiming to save animals?

And I GUARANTEE YOU I can pick anyone of the animals that I know - from dogs to camels, from cheetahs to gazelles, who are most certainly more intelligent, in a common sense way, than those supporting criminal organizations like PETA.

I have to agree with you, though, that I have some ostriches which you and your lot might have some competition to.

So called "animal rights" organizations are nothing but a bunch of utterly stupid idiots pulling the wool over clueless city dwellers to line up their own pockets.

Saeed,

Come on, for only $19 a month you can sponsor a poor dog or even a snow leapoard, which hunting has nearly made the whole species extinct! It’s less than a cup of coffee a day!

An annual membership to DSC is more than $50 a year less and does so much more.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Hahaha!

This was rather timely. Even as a lawyer, I find it funny:

https://www.agdaily.com/video/...edium=&utm_campaign=

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

Show the stupid, lying bastards for what they truly are.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Of all the millions of animals killed to feed and cloth anti hunters for generations and to this day, the only animal they get emotional over is the one in a hunters trophy photo.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Hahaha!

This was rather timely. Even as a lawyer, I find it funny:

https://www.agdaily.com/video/...edium=&utm_campaign=

Finally. Some truth in advertising!!

clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just imagine, if SCI would do something useful like this advert clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Come on, for only $19 a month you can sponsor a poor dog or even a snow leapoard, which hunting has nearly made the whole species extinct! It’s less than a cup of coffee a day!

Marcus:

I was actually going to contribute to the WWF for the snow leopard until their bull shit came on about hunting the snow leopard. I wrote them a polite but firm e mail calling them out on it.

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Marcus:

I was actually going to contribute to the WWF for the snow leopard until their bull shit came on about hunting the snow leopard. I wrote them a polite but firm e mail calling them out on it.

Forget about them Larry!

They are just as obnoxious when it comes to hunting as the rest of those fakes!

I take pride in persuading several people to stop paying any money to them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad it has come to this. That said I was looking at a late season hunt with CMS last year but ended up going to Australia. I can't wait to hunt with these fine fellows.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Marcus:

Larry:

The snow leopard is such an amazing animal and their status is sad. You were right to decline, as they put the decline as the fault of hunters.

I saw a video of them hunting ibex in the mountains and it was incredible.

I did a hunt with one of the top cat hunters in the world, Rocky McBride, but it was just a javalina during my senior year of college spring break (not much of a crazy beach guy). He told stories of taking his dogs over on a snow leopard research expedition to dart one. He also does many in South America for jaguars. Cool guy.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt Mike. Really a nice selection of game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My only comment on this...Some fine shooting gentleman! great hunt and some really nice looking double rifles in one of those pics... is the one on the bottom a Verney Carron? looks like one, I just love my Verney. OOO one more thing who give a shit about what the antis think no matter what we do we will never satisfy them...

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
https://africageographic.com/b...-so-called-benefits/

#I won’t go into the detail of what I saw and recorded in this post, but I can say that if there is a solid record of what happened in that area at all over a 30-year period of time, it lies in my notes, footage and photographs in my office, not in the rhetoric in the bars of Maun. That humans could behave like that was a disgrace, to be frank. Dragging a squealing and gutted duiker across the ground to a tree where it was wired up (still alive) to attract a leopard to shoot after dark (also illegal), diesel used to pour into warthog holes where a wounded leopard had run, and then set on fire; over 200 rounds of gunfire shot into a palm island where they thought a male lion was holed up, but ended up shooting his pride and eight cubs, and then later, setting the palm alight to “smoke the sucker out” – are all testaments to the atrocities. The male was wounded so couldn’t escape and burned to death, but the hunters logged it up to an accident and went on to shoot his brother. I saw all these things, and heard the hunters tell the stories with no remorse afterwards around the campfires. Well known local professional hunters were nicknamed ‘Matches xyz’ and ‘Fireman xyz’ for burning the swamp to attract the rare sitatunga to kill, amongst other unsavoury hunts.#

If this is hunting then it should be banned. If you love to kill why not get a job at a slaughter house. But there are also rules, not to torture cattle.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://africageographic.com/b...-so-called-benefits/

#I won’t go into the detail of what I saw and recorded in this post, but I can say that if there is a solid record of what happened in that area at all over a 30-year period of time, it lies in my notes, footage and photographs in my office, not in the rhetoric in the bars of Maun. That humans could behave like that was a disgrace, to be frank. Dragging a squealing and gutted duiker across the ground to a tree where it was wired up (still alive) to attract a leopard to shoot after dark (also illegal), diesel used to pour into warthog holes where a wounded leopard had run, and then set on fire; over 200 rounds of gunfire shot into a palm island where they thought a male lion was holed up, but ended up shooting his pride and eight cubs, and then later, setting the palm alight to “smoke the sucker out” – are all testaments to the atrocities. The male was wounded so couldn’t escape and burned to death, but the hunters logged it up to an accident and went on to shoot his brother. I saw all these things, and heard the hunters tell the stories with no remorse afterwards around the campfires. Well known local professional hunters were nicknamed ‘Matches xyz’ and ‘Fireman xyz’ for burning the swamp to attract the rare sitatunga to kill, amongst other unsavoury hunts.#

If this is hunting then it should be banned. If you love to kill why not get a job at a slaughter house. But there are also rules, not to torture cattle.

If Joubert is in it, you know, for absolute certainty, that he is lying!

Hunters never, ever fire 200 rounds blindly.

How do we know Joubert has not paid for this to happen??

Seeing his films, I have no doubt he is capable of such obnoxious behavior to further his sick agenda!

You seem to be as stupid as your hero, Joubert.

He is a very sick individual!

One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lizzy,

Nowhere did I ever claimed that I support PETA. Did you read the book? I live with animals and I know they understand death. When my husband died, I took my dog to see him. The reaction of my dog was so emotional. First happy then her ears dropped. She never looked for him again and she was depressed for 2 weeks. If I hadn't done this, she would have been looking for him for months. If one of my cats die, I take the body home and one by one they come to say goodbye. If it is close friend then the cat reacts very emotional, like screaming. We are mammals and they have the same emontions as we have. They can love, hate, have envy, jalouzy and they can even lie. You might know animals through the barrel of a gun but you don't know how they think or feel. Baboons live in families and if someone enjoys to kill one of them, he doesn't know the panick in this family nor does he care.

Who is HSUS? I never support an organisation, I have my camera and I take photos. One of my photos of an elephant who collapsed of the circus Cardinali, the biggest one in Portugal, was published by 5 major newspapers. That photo changed the law and no more new wild animals are allowed. I am not joining animal activists who are demonstrating in front of a circus. I make friends and take photos and work alone.

Here are my photos what people do with animals.

The Silent suffering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzjjEMEZkAE

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Lizzy,

Nowhere did I ever claimed that I support PETA. Did you read the book? I live with animals and I know they understand death. When my husband died, I took my dog to see him. The reaction of my dog was so emotional. First happy then her ears dropped. She never looked for him again and she was depressed for 2 weeks. If I hadn't done this, she would have been looking for him for months. If one of my cats die, I take the body home and one by one they come to say goodbye. If it is close friend then the cat reacts very emotional, like screaming. We are mammals and they have the same emontions as we have. They can love, hate, have envy, jalouzy and they can even lie. You might know animals through the barrel of a gun but you don't know how they think or feel. Baboons live in families and if someone enjoys to kill one of them, he doesn't know the panick in this family nor does he care.

Who is HSUS? I never support an organisation, I have my camera and I take photos. One of my photos of an elephant who collapsed of the circus Cardinali, the biggest one in Portugal, was published by 5 major newspapers. That photo changed the law and no more new wild animals are allowed. I am not joining animal activists who are demonstrating in front of a circus. I make friends and take photos and work alone.

Here are my photos what people do with animals.

The Silent suffering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzjjEMEZkAE

Lizzy

People like you are too stupid to see reality.

You have managed to get circuses banned.

People used to enjoy seeing animals, learn about them.

But because of your selfish stupidity children no longer get this chance.

I see some farmers in Australia are going out of business due to the lack of rain there.

Vegetable brained, stupid, inhuman, “vegetarians” are celebrating because thousands of cattle have died!!

That new fart brained member from New York wants to ban cows - because they fart!

Honestly, one of these fart full cows has more brains than the lot of you combined!

Joubert is playing on city dwelling idiots to line up his own pockets.

He could not careless about animals if they were not a cash cow for him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A recent TV ad about the HSUS:

https://youtu.be/ZIcVAn8I7m4

Administrator
posted Hide Post
50% fund raising.

49% salaries and bonuses.

1% for animal shelters!

The mind boggles!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem with what transpired. The tuskless was no loss, the shooting of tuskless is encouraged by Parks for good reason; the aggressive cow was a tad unfortunate but it's part and parcel of elephant hunting. Doesn't happen often, and to the bleeding hearts I say it's a non-event compared to the (necessary) bloody business of culling elephants by the hundreds.

I do question the wisdom of (and motives behind) posting the story for the world to see, especially the photos. Do we really have to have 4 photos of the aftermath? Even without smiles, it's a bit gory.

I also question the decision to go looking for trouble and then to hang around even though the decision had been made to pass on the TL, which in itself was irresponsible. You came to shoot a TL, you located a TL, but then you decided not to shoot "because it was only day 1"? By this logic you should have stayed in camp on day 1. Had you shot the TL intentionally, the same events might have transpired but I venture that the PR would have been less negative. Dealing with a charge subsequent to taking an intentional shot is one thing; having to shoot two elephants, neither on purpose, on a half-serious pursuit is asking for criticism.

And I really disapprove of the envious mob commentary. It portrays an immature mentality, intentionally or not. You guys may not care, but you are confirming the world view of the equally immature antis.

And stepping back from this situation, I think that in future it would be wise if the industry would adopt a policy that any animals shot in self defense should be charged at 50% of the normal trophy fee, the funds to be earmarked for anti-poaching.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
I don't have a problem with what transpired. The tuskless was no loss, the shooting of tuskless is encouraged by Parks for good reason; the aggressive cow was a tad unfortunate but it's part and parcel of elephant hunting. Doesn't happen often, and to the bleeding hearts I say it's a non-event compared to the (necessary) bloody business of culling elephants by the hundreds.

Agree 100%

I do question the wisdom of (and motives behind) posting the story for the world to see, especially the photos. Do we really have to have 4 photos of the aftermath? Even without smiles, it's a bit gory.

I'm starting to agree with this as well. In the past, I've posted hunt reports for the enjoyment of our fellow hunters here on AR. But it is becoming more and more obvious that the antis are monitoring the site to use against us. Not that I'm in any way ashamed of participating in the most effective conservation model known, trophy hunting, but because the photos find their way into other social media platforms, usually posted without context or worse, a false narrative to generate hate against the hunters amongst those not informed or not willing to become informed on the subject. I've probably written my last hunt report for this reason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the antis don't care about ethics. That is an internal debate amongst ourselves. Simply put, no matter of legitimate and logical explanation of our activities are going to persuade those on the lunatic side of the fence. The middle ground is a different story and with the current social media situation, we almost always loose the initiative to get our message across when our photos are presented with outright lies about the events of the hunt. Example, back when I was still on FaceBook, a non hunting friend reposted a photo of a hunter with his black bear trophy. The caption stated the guy had killed it in its den while hibernating and left it's "family" to die. The photo had a bait barrel in the background and there was no snow on the ground anywhere. Obviously NOT shot out of a den during hibernation but you get the idea.

I also question the decision to go looking for trouble and then to hang around even though the decision had been made to pass on the TL, which in itself was irresponsible. You came to shoot a TL, you located a TL, but then you decided not to shoot "because it was only day 1"? By this logic you should have stayed in camp on day 1. Had you shot the TL intentionally, the same events might have transpired but I venture that the PR would have been less negative. Dealing with a charge subsequent to taking an intentional shot is one thing; having to shoot two elephants, neither on purpose, on a half-serious pursuit is asking for criticism.

Disagree. I hunt to have hunted. To enjoy the experience. Multiple stalks, looking over multiple animals. Being in the field, rifle in hand. When I pull the trigger, the hunt is over. It's one of the reasons I hunt with an open sighted double rifle instead of a scoped 375. I like to stretch out the activity. Jumping off the back of a truck to wack a buffalo at 100 yards, or shooting the first legal animal just isn't what I'm interested in. Even if I had the funds to shoot multiple primary animals per hunting trip, the killing isn't the main driving force for me to be in the field.

And I really disapprove of the envious mob commentary. It portrays an immature mentality, intentionally or not. You guys may not care, but you are confirming the world view of the equally immature antis.

And stepping back from this situation, I think that in future it would be wise if the industry would adopt a policy that any animals shot in self defense should be charged at 50% of the normal trophy fee, the funds to be earmarked for anti-poaching.

VERY STRONGLY disagree with this. As it stands, at least with the hunts I've been on, a legitimate self defense situation can happen at any time and without provocation or fault. In that event, no penalty should be imposed. A self defense shoot caused by inappropriate actions of the hunter or PH are already subject to penalty. No need to codify it to apply to all occurrences as a standard operating policy without consideration of circumstances. On my safaris to date, there has been a government game scout present who makes the call of provoked or not. I'm good with that method.

One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . and the photo that created this social media blow up was never posted on AR. Candidly, neither Buzz nor I know how the photo ended up on Facebook . . . not that that matters at this point.

A distant friend re-posted the picture and editorial comments on his FB page. I recognized your name from AR and (of course) knew it was a load of crap. Very sorry your name has been dragged through the mud. You don't deserve it. Kylee Jenner (or whatever that little whore's name is) is a billionaire because of the internet. There is no justice in this world.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote