ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    CMS Late Season Hunt . . . Return to the Valley
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMS Late Season Hunt . . . Return to the Valley
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
How could it be more perfect!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Great report and a hell of a buffalo!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mike.
Nice to see three quality 500NEs on Safari.
Ideal kit for Jumbo in the valley tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an experience! Could you imagine having to manage a double charge with fewer hunts under your belts?
Great report and pictures.
Sue and I will be at DSC, hope to see you there.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mike and Buzz on another excellent hunt.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Great report and pics Mike. Another grand adventure in the Valley...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Well Done Mike & Buzzer!! In the Valley if you take your half chances and make the most of them you can always have a good hunt and get a number of species.

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Mike
Another great hunt under your belt.
Regards
Rob

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great report and pics, Mike.

Congrats to you and Buzz for a very successful hunt!

Best regards, Darin

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Great report and I'm glad you and Buzz are unharmed.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7574 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Mike, thanks for sharing your report of this great safari. Talk about getting right into the spirit of a DG safari, those two cows sure set the tone for a great hunt.

Congratulations on some fine animals and finer experiences.

Posts: 3835 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
A great way to end a difficult year mike, sorry for you loss but glad you had a great time again with Buzz.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Exciting stuff and I will make a note never to wear electric blue shorts in the field.

Some very fine animals there. The buff is a cracker.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great tu2

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thx for the report. Looks like a hunt I need to do soon!

Posts: 10097 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this excellent report, Mike. I simply must hunt Zimbabwe before I finally punch the clock. Bravo!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkdH_wluhw

What animals are feeling and thinking?

Posts: 112 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxakSmErNc

Stretch Ferreira stopping a bull elephant from charging. Just by talking, no shooting nor killing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good report of the fine hunt, good you got through it all . Btw on FB aras are stealing pictures frommhere to use for their murky deeds.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to report that is is all over Facebook, with the story and photo that it was a baby elephant. Also, info on the Hunter, email address, company, etc.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxakSmErNc

Stretch Ferreira stopping a bull elephant from charging. Just by talking, no shooting nor killing.

Lizzy,
Those docile like Bulls of Manna Pools are in no ways like Cows outside of the walking areas Stretch works.
I can also assure you that he carries that rifle NOT for show.....

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lizzy
posted Hide Post
A herd of cows are always dangerous, as they have babies. You call this bull docile? Of course Stretch carries a weapon. I just came back from Mana Pools and just watched wildlife. Walking past lions and elephants. Baboons were eating seeds right next to me. They get dangerous if they are hunted and smell humans. Why kill a baby elephant? Ever heard of Sharon Pincott? She lived in Hwange for 13 years among the elephants (female herds) They came up to her and she could touch their trunks. Elephants have very tight family bonds and killing them disturbs the balance in these herds. And they start hating humans.

These are hunters, just shooting a charging bull who was minding his own business.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoMdcgoJJkM

And these are people who can read these animals minds. Who is the hero?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9WW3QbOgQA

Ivan Carter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXFaMkin7ZU

Sharon Pincott President Elephants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO5gODUFdoc

Why not hunt Impala or an old Dagga Boy. But not a tiny Klipspringer.

Are we smart enough to know how smart animals are!

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Both Stretch Firerra and Ivan Carter would shoot that young cow if it had got that close to their clients in an aggressive way.
This can and does happen within the non hunting parks.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I have watched the OP speak clearly to others here about the "appearance" portrated by pictures, stories, etc. and how we need to be careful as these things can and will be used against hunters/hunting. Personally, I do not care what someone posts but do find it hypocritical that this hunt was posted and then when it blew up on social media and the news Mike answered with the following statement on WGCL-TV

quote:
Jines said he and another hunter named Buzz shot two adult elephants in self-defense when they charged them during a hunt in October 2018. "The two elephant that are shown in the photos were shot in self-defense, in an unprovoked charge and both elephants were fully mature cows, not juveniles," he told WGCL in an email.

Jines said he and his company are now dealing with the fallout and making sure people understand the "actual facts as opposed to the mischaracterization of the information on social media."

How was this charge "unprovoked" and can you claim "self defense" if it is not? Two men with loaded guns walk into a group of elephants to locate one and decide if they were going to shoot it. Is the only thing that "provokes" a charge the actual shooting of the elephant? At what point are the humans responsible for keeping a safe distance to avoid the chance of a charge?
Listen, I don't care, you paid your money to go elephant hunting, you WERE elephant hunting, the line you stepped over might have been blurry, but you damn sure knew it was there, you went to far, you dealt with the issue, hopefully filled out the paperwork, paid any fees assessed, wrote it into the book and moved on. Quit squirming around trying to blame it on the elephants like they were some kind of rogue beast stomping on handicap children. OP comes down on others for posting pics that he feels are tasteless or behaving in what he thinks is a tasteless manner, this looks weak, pathetic and disingenuous.
Thoughts

ps
Congrats on a great hunt and some impressive trophies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen and Ladies

As you are well aware Social Media has blown this up totally out of proportion. The simple facts are

1/THIS WAS A LEGAL HUNT-

2/ WE SAW SEVERAL ELEPHANT AND FOLLOWED THEM. WE WERE HUNTING A TUSKLESS ELEPHANT

3/ DESPITE SEEING A TUSKLESS WE DECIDED TO PASS ON SHOOTING ANY AND WERE ON OUR WAY OUT WHEN THE WIND CHANGED OR THEY HEARD US AND WE HAD AN UNPROVOKED CHARGE FROM A MEDIUM SIZED TUSKLESS WHICH WE SHOT AT 5 PACES. SHE FELL BACK AND AWAY FROM US.

4/AT THE SOUND OF THE SHOT MY TACKER SCREAMED AND WARNED US OF A LARGED TUSKED COW THAT WAS CHARGING US FROM BEHIND. I TRIED SHOUTING IT DOWN AND TOOK THE SHOT AT A FEW FEET. THE REASON HER FRONT FEET ARE FOLDED BACK IS THE SPEED SHE WAS COMING AT US BEFORE I SHOT.

5/ BOTH COWS WERE MATURE BETWEEN 30 AND 40 YEARS OLD. I HAVE HUNTED MANY YEARS AND BEEN INVOLVED IN ALOT OF RESEARCH WHERE WE HAVE AGED ELEPHANT SO I AM QUALIFIED TO JUDGE AGE.

Lizzy- I know Stretch very well. Alot better than you. Do you know he is a professional hunter and like me has hunted numerous elephant. He is a true ambassador to his country and a top guide. Like me he is passionate about his wildlife and especially his elephant. Like me he knows how essential hunting is to the survival of not only the elephants we both love but all wildlife!

505 Gibbs- you are entitled to you opinion but clearly you have not hunted elephant in the Valley before. Even late season bush is thick and visibility low. One has to get in close to evaluate and make the right decision. Things like wind etc are out of your control as was the case here.

All the best Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . and the photo that created this social media blow up was never posted on AR. Candidly, neither Buzz nor I know how the photo ended up on Facebook . . . not that that matters at this point.

Mike

Posts: 21095 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen and Ladies

As you are well aware Social Media has blown this up totally out of proportion. The simple facts are

1/THIS WAS A LEGAL HUNT-

2/ WE SAW SEVERAL ELEPHANT AND FOLLOWED THEM. WE WERE HUNTING A TUSKLESS ELEPHANT

3/ DESPITE SEEING A TUSKLESS WE DECIDED TO PASS ON SHOOTING ANY AND WERE ON OUR WAY OUT WHEN THE WIND CHANGED OR THEY HEARD US AND WE HAD AN UNPROVOKED CHARGE FROM A MEDIUM SIZED TUSKLESS WHICH WE SHOT AT 5 PACES. SHE FELL BACK AND AWAY FROM US.

4/AT THE SOUND OF THE SHOT MY TACKER SCREAMED AND WARNED US OF A LARGED TUSKED COW THAT WAS CHARGING US FROM BEHIND. I TRIED SHOUTING IT DOWN AND TOOK THE SHOT AT A FEW FEET. THE REASON HER FRONT FEET ARE FOLDED BACK IS THE SPEED SHE WAS COMING AT US BEFORE I SHOT.

5/ BOTH COWS WERE MATURE BETWEEN 30 AND 40 YEARS OLD. I HAVE HUNTED MANY YEARS AND BEEN INVOLVED IN ALOT OF RESEARCH WHERE WE HAVE AGED ELEPHANT SO I AM QUALIFIED TO JUDGE AGE.

Lizzy- I know Stretch very well. Alot better than you. Do you know he is a professional hunter and like me has hunted numerous elephant. He is a true ambassador to his country and a top guide. Like me he is passionate about his wildlife and especially his elephant. Like me he knows how essential hunting is to the survival of not only the elephants we both love but all wildlife!

505 Gibbs- you are entitled to you opinion but clearly you have not hunted elephant in the Valley before. Even late season bush is thick and visibility low. One has to get in close to evaluate and make the right decision. Things like wind etc are out of your control as was the case here.

All the best Buzz

Buzz,
No reason to be defensive, you are making my point while missing it. Before it was the unprovoked elephants fault, now it is The Valleys fault, or the bushes fault, or the winds fault. You are the dominant creature on earth, you and another man made the conscious decision for money and entertainment to go into an area that you admittedly know is dicey due to the factors you list above and approach elephants so you can kill some of them. Then when shit goes pear shaped, the guy who is paying to be entertained by this starts squirming around acting as though he is some unaware innocent bystander that had to defend himself against some rogue cold blooded creature? Nothing about this incident is "unprovoked", everything that happened is due 100% to the fact that 2 men made a business arrangement to go somewhere and do something that they knew had potential for this outcome. What is wrong with what you do?? What is wrong with what your client did?? If the answer is "nothing" then quit squirming and misrepresenting, those are the actions of someone who is either weak, ashamed or both. That is my original point, you and your buddy are giving ammo to those who would shoot you by clearly acting like you are ashamed by blatantly misrepresenting the situation. If you or Jines are ashamed of what you have done, then quit doing it, if not, then call it what it is, you both made a decision to do something, as a result things went south, you had to kill 2 elephants you did not want to, shit happens. Make sure you handle it the way the authorities direct you to and get on with your lives.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . and the photo that created this social media blow up was never posted on AR. Candidly, neither Buzz nor I know how the photo ended up on Facebook . . . not that that matters at this point.

Mike,
What is the purpose of the above post? Are you implying that some nefarious force has gained access to your private data and used it to misrepresent what happened? Did you not willingly pose in the picture that was published? Is it that you want to distance your post on this forum from the hubub when they clearly quote this hunting report in the news article? Is it that you want to imply there is some difference in what you warn/chastise others about and now has happened to you when you do not follow your own advice? How did you think pictures of you standing over multiple dead elephants corpses as some victorious heroin was going to be taken and represented by the "other side"? Did you think it would make those pics more palatable when you defined these creatures as "unprovoked" killers that you successfully defended yourself against? Interesting times.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
MJines:
Is it possible to copyright the photos we post so they can not be used without our permission?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
505, You have made your point. You have never been to the valley. You do not want to see the facts. Join peta. This will be my only post

Posts: 118 | Location: Utah | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:
Gentlemen and Ladies

1/THIS WAS A LEGAL HUNT-

All the best Buzz

Buzz,
No reason to be defensive, you are making my point while missing it. Before it was the unprovoked elephants fault, now it is The Valleys fault, or the bushes fault, or the winds fault. You are the dominant creature on earth, you and another man made the conscious decision for money and entertainment to go into an area that you admittedly know is dicey due to the factors you list above and approach elephants so you can kill some of them. Then when shit goes pear shaped, the guy who is paying to be entertained by this starts squirming around acting as though he is some unaware innocent bystander that had to defend himself against some rogue cold blooded creature? Nothing about this incident is "unprovoked", everything that happened is due 100% to the fact that 2 men made a business arrangement to go somewhere and do something that they knew had potential for this outcome. What is wrong with what you do?? What is wrong with what your client did?? If the answer is "nothing" then quit squirming and misrepresenting, those are the actions of someone who is either weak, ashamed or both. That is my original point, you and your buddy are giving ammo to those who would shoot you by clearly acting like you are ashamed by blatantly misrepresenting the situation. If you or Jines are ashamed of what you have done, then quit doing it, if not, then call it what it is, you both made a decision to do something, as a result things went south, you had to kill 2 elephants you did not want to, shit happens. Make sure you handle it the way the authorities direct you to and get on with your lives.

505 gibbs,

Have you joined PETA and HSUS in the same day??

You are beginning to sound like a card carrying, active member of those two utterly stupid, pointless organizations!

What a load of bloody rubbish to post!

Have you ever hunted dangerous game in Africa?

Have you been close to a herd of elephants?

Have you ever been charged by an elephant?

Some of us have, and were lucky enough to escape unscathed without having to shoot an animal we did not intend to.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Jeff SN / Saeed,
Rather than being offended or making unsubstantiated statements, perhaps either of you would like to point out what I have said that is factually inaccurate? I will say that although it is small, it is nice to see that there is still a little dry kindling around here.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff SN / Saeed,
Rather than being offended or making unsubstantiated statements, perhaps either of you would like to point out what I have said that is factually inaccurate? I will say that although it is small, it is nice to see that there is still a little dry kindling around here.

Where you there with them when all this happened?

If not, how the hell can you accuse them of misrepresentation?

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I don't have to be with them, I am taking the OP and the PH at their word when they describe a scenario that is clearly caused by them and their decision to go elephant hunting in an area and in a way that they both know could end in this scenario. Then, when it does happen and others are offended that these 2 elephants are killed, they blame it on the elephants, implying that they have no responsibility. The misrepresentation occurred when MJines stated that the charge was "unprovoked" when it clearly was not. My point is that the public, the majority of which is unfriendly to this type of scenario, sees through Jines ridiculous and obviously dishonest implication that this is 100% self defense and he had no hand it past putting down some blood thirsty beasts. Once that scene is set (By Jines and Buzz), the natural next step is to ask why would these guys be misrepresenting this if they were not either ashamed or hiding something? Once that weakness is revealed, the feeding frenzy begins. And, to make it worse, they (hunters) present this slanted version of this unfortunate event where they had to kill these 2 wayward elephants because of there bad behavior while there are pics of them standing over the corpses like billy bad ass with shit eating grins on their faces. How exactly did everyone think this was going to be taken?
In the end, my point is this, you want to be an elephant hunter? Then be an elephant hunter, if there is nothing to be ashamed of (which I agree with), then dont act like you are ashamed by making it out to be something different than what it is. Also, don't spend your political capital on a website campaigning against thoughtless pics, videos and stories that could be used against you and others, then turn around and post pics and stories of shooting sleeping lions or elephants you got too close to and had to shoot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have to be with them, I am taking the OP and the PH at their word when they describe a scenario that is clearly caused by them and their decision to go elephant hunting in an area and in a way that they both know could end in this scenario. Then, when it does happen and others are offended that these 2 elephants are killed, they blame it on the elephants, implying that they have no responsibility. The misrepresentation occurred when MJines stated that the charge was "unprovoked" when it clearly was not. My point is that the public, the majority of which is unfriendly to this type of scenario, sees through Jines ridiculous and obviously dishonest implication that this is 100% self defense and he had no hand it past putting down some blood thirsty beasts. Once that scene is set (By Jines and Buzz), the natural next step is to ask why would these guys be misrepresenting this if they were not either ashamed or hiding something? Once that weakness is revealed, the feeding frenzy begins. And, to make it worse, they (hunters) present this slanted version of this unfortunate event where they had to kill these 2 wayward elephants because of there bad behavior while there are pics of them standing over the corpses like billy bad ass with shit eating grins on their faces. How exactly did everyone think this was going to be taken?
In the end, my point is this, you want to be an elephant hunter? Then be an elephant hunter, if there is nothing to be ashamed of (which I agree with), then dont act like you are ashamed by making it out to be something different than what it is. Also, don't spend your political capital on a website campaigning against thoughtless pics, videos and stories that could be used against you and others, then turn around and post pics and stories of shooting sleeping lions or elephants you got too close to and had to shoot.

What are you talking about?

is clearly caused by them and their decision to go elephant hunting in an area and in a way that they both know could end in this scenario.

Any elephant hunting could end in the scenario of a charge. You lack perspective on this matter.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
You are absolutely correct, and if you approached elephants to kill them (or any other reason) and they charged you because they saw you or the wind changed or you got too close or any other reason, it would not be “unprovoked” which means you the provocateur are responsible.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guys had approached to assess the animals in the herd. They elected to pull out and not shoot any, when the sh... hit the fan.

What crap are you talking Gibbs!!!

How was it provoked?? A change in wind ???did the guys cause the wind to change ????

Clearly unprovoked, and as you haven’t hunted ele or even been to the valley then don’t comment on things you know little about. Armchair expert rings a bell here.........

You don’t know what your talking about,and it’s plain to see you a have a personal axe to grind against Mike.......Nothing to do with this hunt at all.

Poor form Gibbs indeed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MJines:
. . . and the photo that created this social media blow up was never posted on AR. Candidly, neither Buzz nor I know how the photo ended up on Facebook . . . not that that matters at this point.[/QUOT

They folpow AR very often and they copy and rewtite and pass it out. Some of the most murky aras that you could ever imagie was possible look upon theire fate as being superior tomeveryone else and fighting against freedom and use of nature also. On a fb page" Conservation hunting &poaching in nrz central africa" a lot of this falsifying takes place. And its one of the most vile of themall of pages. But they limit many hunters from posting there also. They speak of 'con'servation also.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
The guys had approached to assess the animals in the herd. They elected to pull out and not shoot any, when the sh... hit the fan.

What crap are you talking Gibbs!!!

How was it provoked?? A change in wind ???did the guys cause the wind to change ????

Clearly unprovoked, and as you haven’t hunted ele or even been to the valley then don’t comment on things you know little about. Armchair expert rings a bell here.........

You don’t know what your talking about,and it’s plain to see you a have a personal axe to grind against Mike.......Nothing to do with this hunt at all.

Poor form Gibbs indeed.

505 Gibbs is proving his total ignorance of hunting!

He is following the footsteps of the so called "animal right" terrorists.

And I have no idea if he has a personal axe against Mike or anyone else, his comments are utterly wrong, spoken out of total ignorance of hunting.

Following his convoluted logic, may be we should all stop eating, as it might lead to food poisoning!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I “think” his point is like the silly idea in the US that because you chose to be there, you have some “liability” in what happens.

The only time I was charged by an elephant was in a vehicle, on a road.

Most of the time you don’t get charged, and most of the time when you do you can find a way out. But there is always the case when bad luck stacks up and you either defend human life or someone dies.

No ethical hunter goes out trying to get a charge, especially of a untargeted animal.

Mike and Buzz are ethical folks. I’m sure they were more upset about having to shoot those elephant than those HSUS folks care about the dogs they have put down in their shelters.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote