ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    MY FIRST HUNTING SAFARI - NAMIBIA APRIL 2007
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MY FIRST HUNTING SAFARI - NAMIBIA APRIL 2007
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
HELLO EVERYBODY !!! FIRST I WANT TO SAY TO ALL OF YOU THANKS !!!, BECAUSE I LEARNED A LOT FROM YOUR POSTS IN EVERY TOPICS, IM A SHOOTER, RELOADER, AND HUNTER AND I VERY APRECIATTE YOU KNOLEDGEMENTS, EXPERIENCES AND ADVICES, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME IN THE FORUM AND I CANT SPEAK AND WRITE VERY WELL THE ENGLISH SPEAK ( I M FROM REPUBLICA ARGENTINA - SOUTHAMERICA) AND I DIDNT MAKE VERY WELL MY HOMEWORK WHEN I WAS IN THE HIGH SCHOOL!!!. I KNOW THAT IS NOT A GOOD EXCUSE BUT PLEASE !!! I APOLOGIZE FOR MY "TARZANIC" ENGLISH.

THE PLACE AND THE PEOPLE ARE EXCELENT ! ! ! AND THIS EXPERIENCE DESERVES TO BE SHARED WITH ANY HUNTER WHO WANTS TO DO HIS FIRST SAFARI IN THE RIGHT WAY O JUST PASS A GOOD HOLIDAYS.

AFTER A TOUGH TRAVEL WITH A LOT WAITING TIMES IN THE AIRPORTS, DELAYS AND UNCOMFORTABLES PLANES, I ARRIVED AT WINDHOEK CAPITAL OF NAMIBIA.
MY EYES TRIED TO FIND THE PH MR. ERROL LAMBRECHTS FROM ZINGELA SAFARIS, WHO I ONLY HAVE SEEN IN PHOTOS, BUT HE WASNT THERE (MAY BE WAS TAKING A "SIESTA" (NAP) ! ! ! PASSED A FEW MINUTES I OBSERVED A YOUNG AFRICANERS COUPLE WITH A CARTEL THAT SAID "GUILLERMO AMESTOY", WAS A BIG SURPRISE AND I FELT VERY HAPPY TO SEE JANNIE AND ANRIE SPANGENBERG (THE RANCH OWNERS) LOOKING FOR ME.
I FELT AND INMEDIATLY CONEXION WITH THEM AND HAPPY TO SEE THAT NICE PEOPLE.
AFTER A SHORT STOP IN THE SUPERMARKET, WE STARTED TO TRAVEL TO THE RANCH.
DURING THE TRAVEL I ENJOYED A LOT, TALKING WITH THEM AND I SURELY KNOW THAT THEY MADE A BIG EFFORT TO UNDERSTAND MY POOR ENGLISH.
FAR AWAY A BABOON GROUP THAT CROSSED THE ROAD TOOK MY ATTENTION.

WHEN WE ARRIVED TO THE GRAS HUNTING RANCH, I COULDNT BELIVE THAT I WOULD HUNT IN SO HUGE PLACE.
THIS WORDS ARE ENOUGHT TO DESCRIBE THE PLACE:

RIVER, VALLEYS, HILLS, MOUNTAINS, BRUSH AND PLAINS, A 92800 ACRES HUNT PARADISE!!!!

I SAW MORE SPRINGBOOKS IN ONE HOUR THAT RABBITS IN OUR PATAGONIA IN A WEEK ! ! ! ABOUT AN APROX. 9000 POPULATION !!!
MY PH ERROL WAS WAITING US AND I GRABBED HIM LIKE A FRIEND, BECAUSE I FELT BETWEEN FRIENDS !!!.
HE IS A TRANSPARENT GUY, YOU CAN SEE HIS SOUL TROUGH HIS CLEAR EYES AND YOU WILL ONLY SEE LOVE, HAPPINESS AND HONESTY.
THE LODGE WAS MORE THAN I EXPECTED (I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD SLEEP IN A TENT NEAR THE RIVER) BUT WAS A BIG SURPRISE FOR ME TO SEE MY ROOM: AIR CONDITIONER, PRIVATE BATH, CARPETS, BATHTUB, LIKE A 4 STAR DE LUXE HOTEL IN THE MIDDLE OF NAMIBIA.

AS HUNTERS YOU KNOW THAT WE NEVER ARE SO LUCKY REGARDING THE PLACE WHERE WE REST DURING THE HUNTS.
REGARDING THE FOOD:I NEVER EXPECTED TO TASTE : SPRINGBOOK, ORIX, WARTHOG, GUINEA FOWL, BLESHBOOK , BUT THEY MADE MY DREAM COME TRUE !!!.
I TASTED ALL THE AFRICAN PLAINS GAME IN DIFERENT RECIPES, NOW I MISS THAT FOOD !!! AND DURING MY STAY I NEVER MISSED OUR ARGENTINE BBQ OR OUR WINES, BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER RED WINES AND COFFEE THAN OURS!!!
YOU MUST MEET MISS MELANIE THE GOURMET GIRL ! ! !

TO SHOOT, I FOLLOWED ERROL RECOMENDATION REGARDING THAT THE 7 WITH 150 GRS BULLET HAS MORE FLAT TRAYECTORY THAN THE 300 H&H WITH 200 GRS. I USED A REMINGTON 700 POLIMER STOCK CAL. 7 MM REM. MAG. WITH A BURRIS SIGNATURE 3-9X40 RIFLESCOPE AND DENEL (PMP) SUDAFRICAN CARTRIDGES WITH BARNES COOPER SOLID 150 GRS. BULLET TO TAKE ALL THE TROPHYS.

EARLY IN THE MORNING AFTER A BIG BREAKFAST !!! WE CHEKED THE RIFLE AT 100 YARDS AND WAS OK (TWO SHOTS IN 1")

WE DECIDED TO START TRYING THE BIG KUDU (MORE SCARCELY AND SMART THAN THE OTHERS ANTELOPES ACCORDING ERROL)

THE VEHICLE WAS A TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WITH FULL EQUIPMENT INCLUDING ONE TRACKER AND A EXCELENT DRIVER.THOSE TRUCKS ARE LIKE SHERMAN TANKS !!! WE CROSSED RIVERS, CLIMBED MOUNTAINS, RAN ON THE PLAINS LIKE GODS.!!!

A FEW MINUTES THAT WE STARTED THE HUNT, A BIG AND OLD WARTHOG MALE RAN IN FRONT US , NO WORDS WERE NECESARY, WHEN I DETECTED IT UNDER A TREE AND BEHIND THE BRUSH, I PUT THE CROSSHAIR BETWEEN HIS EYES AND BLOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

A 100 YARDS HEAD SHOT WARTHOG , MY FIRST AFRICAN TROPHY!!!! I FELT THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD !!!

A FEW HOURS LATER THAN WE STARTED, WE FOUND A BIG GROUP OF BLESHBOOK, IN THAT MOMENT, A BIG MALE PASSED IN FRONT OF US, ERROL SUGGESTED ME IF I WANT A BIG BLESHBOOK TROPHY THAT WAS THE INDICATED !!!

I SHOT AGAIN, BLOOOOOOOM !!!!! THIS TIME A 145 YARDS SHOULDER SHOT THAT PASSED TROUGH THE HEART. THE ANIMAL JUST RAN A FEW METERS AND FALLED DOWN.

I FELT THAT THE ERROL ENJOYED THAT SHOOT LIKE ME.

AFTER TAKING THE B.B. THE OTHER PH AT THE GRAS RANCH( JANNIE SPANGENBERG ) WITH GERMAN HUNTERS PASSED NEAR US AND HE SAID THAT THERE IS A NICE RED HATERBEAST A FEW KM IN FRONT US. SO WE DECIDED TO TAKE IT.

THIS TIME , THE SHOOT BECAME MORE DIFFICULT, THE HATERBEAST IS ALL THE TIME RUNNING AND JUST STOPED ABOUT 245 YRDS.
I SHOT ANOTHER TIME ON THE LOW SHOULDER PART, WAS A LETHAL SHOOT IN THE HEART AND LUNGS, BUT THE ANIMAL RUNNED, I SHOT AGAIN, BUT THE BULLET ONLY TOUCHED HIS TAIL ! ! ! !, THE LAST SHOOT ( 3º) IN THE CHEST CAVITY FINISHED HIS CARRER.

WE SAW A LOT OF FEMALE KUDUS AND YOUNG MALES BUT NO TROPHYS

TO FINISH THE DAY, WHEN WE CAME BACK, NEAR THE HOUSE, WE TRIED A NICE MALE GEMSBOOK.

THIS TIME THE LUCKY ABANDONED ME . I SHOT AT 100 YARD (TROUGTH A HEAVY BRUSH ) AND I MISSED ! ! !, ERROL THINKS THAT WAS THE BRUSH THAT DESVIATED THE BULLET.

WHEN THE ORIX STARTED TO RUN, I SHOT AGAIN ABOUT 150 YARDS AND THE BULLET PASSED FROM THE LAST LEFT RIB TO THE RIGHT SHOULDER AND THE ANIMAL FALLED DOWN INMEDIATLY..

THAT NIGHT THE DINNER WAS E X P E C T A C U L A R ! ! ! (AFRICAN BRAAI (BBQ) GEMSBOOK RIPS) EVERY TIME AFRICAN ANTELOPES MEAT !!!, AFRICAN FOOD, ALL NEW FANTASTIC TASTES FOR ME.

A LITTLE DETAIL DURING THE DINNER INDICATED TO ME THAT I WAS WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
THIS BIG FAMILY, PRIOR TO START THE DINE, GAVE THANKS TO THE LORD FOR THE FOOD.

DURING THREE DAYS FROM 7 AM TO 7 PM WE TRIED HARD TO FIND THE BIG KUDU, BUT WE ONLY SAW TWO MEDIUM MALES AND COWS, IN THE MEANING TIME WE TOOK THE STEINBUCK, THE BLUE WILDESBEST AND THE H. ZEBRA

STEINBUCK; A 50 YARDS OFF-HAND SHOOT AT ONE SIDE OF THE ROAD IN THE EARLY MORNING, AN OCASION !!! (ERROL SAID ITS A GOLD MEDAL TROPHY)

REGARDING THE BLUE WILDESBEST WE MADE A NICE WALK APROXIMATION AND A SPINAL DEADLY SHOOT ABOUT 200 YARDS FINISHED HIM.

THE SAME DAY , AFTER A LITTLE 400 YARDS RUN AND A APROXIMATION WALK FROM 1500 YARDS, I SHOT THE ZEBRA AT 340 YARDS FROM MY KNEES WITH A STRONG CROSS WIND FROM THE LEFT.

THE BULLET WAS TOO FAR ON THE RIGHT AND HIT HIS TWO BACK LEGS, DESTROYING THE FEMORAL ARTERYS AND ONE OF ITS FEMUR BONES, THIS TIME I WAS LUCKY!!!!, AND THE BARNES BULLET MADE ALL THE JOB. THE STALION ONLY WALKED A FEW METERS AND FALLED DOWN.

BUT SURELY REGARDING MY WIND CALCULATION Carlos Norman Hathcock II WOULD CALIFICATE ME WITH A BIG F !!!

WE FINISHED THAT DAY VERY HAPPY.

DURING THE EVENING ERROL DECIDED THAT THE NEXT DAY WE WOULD TRAVEL TO THE KALAHARI TO TRY THE KUDU IN THE KALAHARI REGION.

WE GOT UP AT 3 AM , HE DROVE 3 HOURS TO THE KALAHARI (T: 33º C ) THAT HAD RED GROUND, DUNES, A NICE PLACE TO MEET AND TO BE THERE.

A FEW MINUTES WE ARRIVED WE SAW IN THE TOP OF A DUNE A BIG MALE KUDU. THIS TIME I FAILED TO JUDGE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE DUNES (ABOUT 450 YARDS) AND I SHOT LIKE A 200 YARDS SHOOT, THE HIT WAS VERY LOW, IN THE CHEST CAVITY, BUT NOT ENOUGHT TO STOP THE BIG BULL, I SHOT AGAIN ON THE SHOULDER AND THAT SHOT FINISHED THE JOB.
IT WAS A NICE EXPERIENCE TO SHOOT BETWEEN THE DUNES AND SEE THAT HUGE ANTELOPES.

I REALY APRECIATED THE PH EFFORT, TO TRY THE BIG KUDU, HE DROVE MORE THAN 6 HOUR FOR ME AND LEFT HIS BED EARLY FOR THAT.

THE NEXT DAY, JANIE SPAGEMBERG CAME WITH US TO LOOK FOR SOME GUINEA FOWL FOR THE DINNER, AND I HAD THE OPORTUNITY TO MEET HIM IN DEEP. THAT WAS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF THE SAFARI, I FELT THAT I WAS HUNTING WITH LIFE TIME FRIENDS, JANNIE HAS A SMILE EVERY TIME IN HIS FACE, A JOKE FOR EVERY TIME, I NEVER PASSED A SO FUNNY HUNTING DAY IN MY LIFE, THIS MAN HAS A BIG PLACE FOR HIM IN MY HEART AND I WILL NEVER FORGET HIM.THAT EVENING CLOSE TO THE SUNSET WE TOOK TOGHETHER A NICE , OLD AND BIG WARTHOG AT THE SAME TIME. AFTER HE SAW THE PIG, HE ALERTED ME , WAITED ME AND HELPED WITH THE RIFLE TO COME DOWN FROM THE TRUCK. AFTER A LITLE RUN (ABOUT 100 YARDS),
WE SHOT AT THE SAME TIME (ONLY ONE SOUND FOR TWO SHOOTS, LIKE OUR TRIGGERS WERE SOLDED OR JOINED WITH A STEEL WIRE !!! ) ONE BULLET PASSED TROUGHT THE NECK AND THE OTHER TROUGHT THE HEART AT 80 YARDS.

BECAUSE I HAD LITLE MORE MONEY TO SPEND I DECIDED TO LEAVE THAT MONEY IN THE RANCH, FOR THAT LOVELY PEOPLE AND HUNT A SPRINGBOOK AND ANOTHER GEMSBOOK DURING THE NEXT DAYS .

ONE OF THE SPRINGBOOKS WAS A SHOT IN THE NECK , THE OTHER, A NICE TROPHY, WAS AN OFF HAND SHOT AT 140 YARDS IN THE SOULDER.

THE 2º GEMSBOOK WAS MY DEMOSTRATION !!! AN OFF-HAND SHOT AT 470 YARDS, PH ERROL OPENED HIS EYES LIKE A BABOON ! ! !

I KNOW IT WAS NOT A NEW WORLD RECORD BUT WAS A SUCCESFULL OFF-HAND SHOT.

(WITHOUT MENTIONING TWO GUINEA FOWLS WITH ONE SHOT) THAT I USED LIKE BAIT TO TRY HUNTING JACKALS DURING THE NIGHT FROM A BLIND, FROM 6 PM TO 7 AM.

I WAS VERY LUCKY BECAUSE THIS NICE PEOPLE TRUSTED IN ME AND LEFT ME BE IN THE BLIND ALONE ALL THE NIGHT LONG.I SAW HUNDREDS OF WILD ANIMALS DURING THE NIGHT, ONLY WITH THE FULL MOON LIGHT, BUT NO JACKALS!!!!

BUT THE STRAWBERY ON THE TOP OF THE CAKE WAS A BIG SURPRISE FROM THE PH JANNIE. IN THE EARLY MORNING OF MY LAST DAY IN THE RANCH HE INVITED ME TO FLY IN HIS MICROLIGHT (ULTRALIGHT PLANE). I TOOK SOME PICTURES FROM THE AIR AND I ENJOYED A LOT THE FLY ITSELF.

MY ONLY COMPLAIN IS: WHERE WERE MY HUNTERS FRIENDS FROM ARGENTINA? JUAN ,IKI , WILLY , MARCOS , CRISTIAN, EDILIO, JOHN, MARIO AND MARCELO, WHY THEY WHERENT HERE HUNTING WITH US ???

I HOPE THAT IN THE NEXT, ALL OF US WITH MY SONS FRANCISCO AND GUILLERMO, TRAVEL TOGETHER, AND I HOPE SOON TO SEE ERROL AND JANNIE IN ARGENTINA TO HUNT RED STAGS, WATER BUFFALOS, WILDBOARDS WITH ARGENTINE DOGOS, ETC...

THE NEXT TIME I M GOING TO TALK YOU ABOUT A PARTY IN ONE NIGTH AT THE RANCH, NICE TALKS WITH BEAUTIFULL GERMAN AND AFRICAN YOUNG LADIES AND "ERROL DANCING WITH WITCHES"

DEPENDING YOUR TIME, YOU CAN GO OVER ALL THE RANCH IN THE 4X4 WD VEHICULE AND MAKE THE APROXIMATION WALKING, HUNT FROM A BLIND (BUT YOU CANT SELECT THE SPECIE OR TROPHY, IS JUST A QUESTION OF LUCKY IN THIS WAY !!!!) OR YOU CAN WALK ALL THE DAY (LIKE THE RIGHT WAY) BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME BECAUSE THERE ARE 92800 ACRES WITH VALLEYS, PLAINS, MOUNTAINS TO WALK WITH NO CANNED TROPHYS ! ! !.

I HOPE THAT EVERYBODY ENJOY MY REPORT AND BE PACIENT WITH ME, BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITTING ENGLISH AND HUNTING IN AFRICA ! ! !.

IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO PASS THE BEST DAYS OF YOUR LIVES, HUNTING IN 92800 ACRESS IN NAMIBIA, JUST E-MAIL TO:errol@zingelasafaris.com or grasgame@iway.na, visit: www.zingelasafaris.com, I SWEAR ! ! ! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AGAIN , UNTIL THE NEXT TOPIC
REGARDS: GUILLERMO AMESTOY
[/IMG]
[IMG:left] [/IMG]
[IMG:left]

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a most excellent hunt! Congratulations on all the fine trophies! I think your first attempt at writing English is excellent. Did you take any pictures while flying in the microlite?

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 219 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello my friend Guillermo
Wonderful, wonderful!!
You where in the right way hunting with the people of Gras Ranch, and with my friend Errol, I have been hunting there in year 2000 with a client Mr. Torletti, he also did a wonderful hunt, harvested awesome trophies and we had a very good time with the Spangenberg family as well. As I can see the quality of the trophies is as good as then
If you can qualify Gras Hunting Ranch and staff; 10 points is the number.
I have been hunting in 2 other opportunities in Africa, a great country, but a hard task to compare the plains game hunt in Namibia, where enormous herds roam freely in the huge Spangenber’s property “Gras Estate Country†dream to all hunter.
Willy
www.huntinginargentina.com.ar
www.fishinargentina.com.ar

Posts: 74 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great report and better english than some others I have read

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your report reads well and the pictures very nice. Sadly for me your spelling is better than mine.

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Very Good! Guillermo. Excellent report and don't worry about your English, you taught me a new word:

"E X P E C T A C U L A R ! !"

That's going to be one of my favorites from now on!
clap

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on an excellent hunt. thumb

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MAU MAU
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thank you for posting your story.
It is obvious that you had a great time and you expressed yourself well.
When are you heading back?

Posts: 227 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures and a womderful story. I love your translations. I live in Canada and used to live near Quebec, I always enjoyed when a francophone communicated with me in english. They worked harder to communicate with me as I never learned to speal french, but they learned English.

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
great hunt! great pictures! Congratulations.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Guillermo, A most "E X P E C T A C U L A R" read. You covered all the bases and even made me want to book there. Your report was great. Keep them coming. OOOOH yes, some pictures from your Ultralight flight would be nice.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report...thank you for posting...Your english is way better than my espanol!!

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great safari and some terrific trophies.

Kyler

Posts: 2503 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for so warm welcome !!! Steve and Bob: Yes I took some pictures during the flight, (you can see them below) I post them for all of you, the pilot, a lot of bleshbooks and wildesbeats, but im not familarized yet with my new (two months bought) digital camera Cannon A 640, my first digital !!! and I dont know yet how to do the right adjustments ... there are not good pictures ( 150 feet at 70 mph !!! ) but show the herds roam freely in the huge Spangenber’s property, and you can feel the same emotions than R. Redford caracter in "Out of Africa" Movie ! ! !. Mau Mau: its early to start thinking about coming back to Africa again (According my savings ! ! ! ) I make a big effort to hunt outside of my country (1 u$s = 3,10 Argentines pesos) but sometimes its better than pay a lot $$$$ for a Red Stag in the Patagonia and I prefer visit other Countries and meet new people!!! . The big Moose, the exotic Musk ox are in my planes in a near future (the brown bear or kodiak is out of my financial possibility) but surely I will go soon to Africa again to take a Cape Buffalo, I have hunted three water buffalos in my country with my CZ 550 416 Rigby and I like to hunt huge animals.
I think that the cape buffalo is the only one of "the big five" that I can access.(I m afraid to be with the wrong PH and hunt a canned leopard in Africa, like with the pumas (cougar) in my country. Again; thanks !!! to everybody for your nice comments !!! regards Guillermo.

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Guillermo, you did a fine job with your story. I found it very enjoyable to read, and you transferred your joy and excitement very well. Great photo's too! Congratulations on some fine trophies. Good hunting, David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
GUILLE the report transmits your passion.
Now i want to tell the rest who are you.
Guillermo Amestoy Hoffman was one of the best rifle shooters in Argentina we began competing at early age and as my father remembers me when we met him he always beats me ,....almost always we know each other form the childhood and then we hunted together axis deer,brocket deer ,black bukcs ,buffalo and partriges in a time when in Argentina you can hunt free .Hes the famous rifle maker that made my 458winchester,and expert reloader,and handgun hunter ,Hes an encyclopedia in guns ,reloading,and related matters ,consulted even by our state HRT .Sorry Guille but i have to make your presentation in this wonderful club of friends.Juan PD thank you Errol for the book THE SILENT WAR you sent to me .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guillermo, Great story after a great hunt. You can actually feel your excitment in your words. Well done! I am leaving for Namibia June 12th and after reading your tales am more excited than ever.

Posts: 102 | Location: Queen Creek, Arizona | Registered: 16 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
Another cordobés ?

Oh my god, we are hopeless!! aren't we? BOOM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdBore 1.0 - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Guillermo. I want to congratulate you on some wonderful animals, and an experience of a lifetime. The photos were great and what fun it must have been to fly in that machine and see all those animals from the air.

When I am next in Argentina I would enjoy meeting you.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent post, great pictures, and well worth the read.Congratulations on your first African Safari. I'll look forward to reading about your next adventure.
Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustavo:
Another cordobés ?

Oh my god, we are hopeless!! aren't we? BOOM

I would say...another argentinan ???!!!!
Oh my God, we are hopless !! aren´t we ?

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

BTW, good story, congrats and thanks

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
I love this funny uruguayans!!!!!

My friend, drop a letter from time to time, specially if you are planning to visit a beautiful country full of beautiful women...you got me for sure boohoo

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Gus next time we can met with Guillermo in my farm to train in long range shooting hes as fan of ballistics as you are.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Guillermo !

The passion is quite tangible in the way you wrote, I like that thumb !

BTW, excellent pics !

Un abrazo

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LORENZO: NOT ANOTHER ARGENTINAN !!! MORE ARGENTINAN HUNTERS !!!

L.DAVID, JUAN, GUSTAVO, COUESTAXI,JUST, BILL (THE BOWEN S.A. FANATIC!!! WHO KILLED A HOG WITH A KNIFE !!!) LLAMAPACKER, LORENZO, AFRICAANDER, THANKS!!! I VERY ESTEEM YOUR WORDS!!!
AFRICAANDER;JUAN YA ME CANSO DE HABLAR TANTO DE VOS ESPERO CONOCERTE PRONTO, EXCELENTE CUCHILLO PUMA Y SU SIGNIFICADO, NOS VEMOS EN SAN FRANCISCO EN CUALQUIER MOMENTO. UN ABRAZO, GUILLERMO.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ok i want to make an AR meeting in my farm we must began to make plans .We will shoot IPSC tournaments,shotguns,rifles and we can go to hunt freal hogs in a farm 4kms in the north of my farm where they are killing excellent boars feral boars domestic blood but huge and brave a patient of mine killed one last week end a sow of 350 kilos.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Good Job Guillermo, excellent pics and post. Another Latin to increase the group, and we are proud to be Latins.

Just one little request, turn off the Caps lock, Wink, it seems that you are screaming and I hear perfectly, yes my sense of hearing is still very good Smiler

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Malinverni:
Good Job Guillermo, excellent pics and post. Another Latin to increase the group, and we are proud to be Latins.

Just one little request, turn off the Caps lock, Wink, it seems that you are screaming and I hear perfectly, yes my sense of hearing is still very good Smiler

Steve,

I do not have the pleasure ( yet ) to know in person Guillermo ( and I'm sure he is fine gentleman ), but just for the record, he as well as Juan Pablo, are not latins, they are another race, one so-called CORDOBESES hammering

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guillermo: great pics and a wonderful safari. Or you say "saaafari"? Big Grin

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, Malinverni no more capitals thumb, with all my respects, i cant imagine how you can hear trought your eyes!!! animal
(and Im not talking about reading lips!!!) Gustavo im not a Cordobes, shame Im from Rio Cuarto!!!, the Empire of the Cordobes southbanana!!! Nainital:Yes!!! I say saaafari me entendeé ? un abrazo Saludos/Ciao! civediamo dopo!!!wave Guillermo.

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Guillermo, Juan me hablò muy mucho y muy bien de vos ...

Honestamente espero poder conocerte en breve, a la par de volver a compartir con un amigo del tenor de Juan esos magnificos momentos vividos con gente de gran valía ... como bien dicen, los amigos de mis amigos son mis propios amigos (y esto con Juan es una verdad irrefutable)!

Un fuerte abrazo !

------------------------------------------------

Guillermo, Juan told me a lot (and very good things) about you ....

Honestly I do hope to meet you soon, surely sharing - once again with a true friend like Juan - those magnificent moments lived with people of great human value... as it is well said, "the friends of my friends are my own friends" (and this with Juan is an irrefutable truth)!

I send you a strong hug!

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
Im from Rio Cuarto

Estuve una vez cuando era chico por un campeonato de golf con una delegación uruguaya. Era un perro no se a quién se le ocurrió llevarme...es más, creo que no llegué ni a jugar. Me encantó el lugar.

Great place thumb

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guillermo,
call me Steve, please, Malinverni is my surname. Ohh well, about capitals, I work in computer world, and the all capital written world is equivalent to scream, and it is used in this way.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Gustavo,
I am afraid that a discussion on the meanings of the word Latins is dangerous, very dangerous and poisonous.

I am Italian, for this reason I consider myself Latin, and proud to be Latin. If in other countries the word Latin takes a negative or offensive meaning, well, please excuse me.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Malinverni:
Dear Gustavo,
I am afraid that a discussion on the meanings of the word Latins is dangerous, very dangerous and poisonous.

I am Italian, for this reason I consider myself Latin, and proud to be Latin. If in other countries the word Latin takes a negative or offensive meaning, well, please excuse me.

No ofense taken nor intended here, Stefano ...

What Gustavo wrote was just a joke... you know, Cordoba is a very important province of Argentina, being their inhabitants very proud of their historical, social and cultural roots ... and their pronunciation of the spanish languaje is slightly different than the one of the rest of the country (in fact every province has its own pronunciation, just that in Cordoba this pronunciation is much more evident... )

That´s why they proudly call themselves "cordobeses" (thou they are generically latins and argentinians - and very proud of being so) , specifically refering to these roots I mentioned ... but within Cordoba itself there is also some localism concerning the different cities, thus Guillermo is from Rio Cuarto and Juan from San Francisco (being both mentioned cities in Cordoba)... but also the capital city of the province of Cordoba is called Cordoba aswell Big Grin (so we have the province of cordoba and the city of cordoba), knowing this you might understand properly what Guillermo last wrote, when stating that he wasn´t a cordobes he was meaning that he wasn´t from the city of cordoba but from rio cuarto ...

Our cities, our provinces, our country, our continent, our historical and social background... choose the level you want and we will be looking for "competitors" in the same given level - but in fact we are all hunters thumb

Well, I am sure you understand what I am saying, since we, argentinians, were always described as "italians that speak in spanish" Big Grin

Regards,

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arikander and Gustavo,
just closed a discussion on EU forum where offensive prejudices were expressed on Italy and Italians, I prefer to be prudent on this type of argument. As Italian I am Latin and I am touchy when cricized in the wrong way. I dont want to touch anyone in the wrong place Wink

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Stefano don`t let your blood boil so quickly !

Being an argentinian I must admit that I have latin and saxon "blood", if not in exact quantities surely very much the same amount of each one run through my veins ... but from a cultural point of view I feel myself a 100 % latin ...

You cannot describe a northern italian with the same adjectives used when describing a southern one...and people tend to generalize too much, either when talking about things they liked aswell as those they disliked ...

So what can I say? You will find prejudgements all over the world and you can´t properly educate everybody you might encounter through your life...

Remember the romans and feel proud of their inheritage thumb

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy words, Afrikaander, holy words.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve: All Argentinians are Latinoamericans, dont shame worry about use the word "latino"thumbI am married with an italian woman ( From Cuneo -Piamonte Region - Italy) My Grandmother was italian (Miss Ferrer)and Im decendent from German and Vasc-French. Im very proud of this dancing.The italians inmigrants (all intelligents, tought workers and succesfull !!!) contributed a lot to make Argentina a better country!!! beer
If you use the word "Sudaca" as some idiots, to refer us, you are offending the whole southamerican population. Mamma Miaaa !!! Viva la tagliatelli, Spaghetti,lasagne,tutti tippi di pasta e la bagnacauda, Arrivederci!!!wave

One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I'm envious of a hunter who had such a great time on his African hunt. (since I have not gotten to Africa yet)

Beautiful animals and a fine report.

Congrats!! beer

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote