ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Elephant and buffalo in Nyakasanga with CMS safaris.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant and buffalo in Nyakasanga with CMS safaris.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baxter

He actually did which is interesting as all the bulls that I shoot in the Western regions are in that age and none have enough tail hair to make a braclet!

I always simply thought that the Valley eles we shoot have hair tails as they are younger ( and to date they have as we age all our elephant) There might be more to this!

On an interesting side note- last year and this year up to now all the bulls we have shot have carried various projectiles in them from AK bullets to muzzle balls and all have been under 38 years old. This year we have shot 4 bulls in the Valley and they have been in the 40s and have carried no lead- let's hope that its a good sign that the poaching is slowing down in the Valley as a whole!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Very interesting Buzz, thanks.

Will indeed hope the poaching has slowed - a cumulative 160+ elephant years between the four bulls with no additional bullets does indeed sound promising!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once again, thank you for all your nice and encouraging comments! Much appreciated.

Buzz, I am amazed and humbled to hear the elephant was that old. He was actually my age then, kind of hard to grasp in a way.

So far I have not experienced any other hunt that touches one’s emotions the way hunting ele does.
Just having the privilege of being up close to them in their wild habitat and watch them go about doing their thing is an absolutely amazing experience.

I know I will never shoot another one with the age and heavy ivory of this one again, at least not in the Zambezi valley, but I certainly will keep hunting them for as long as am able to because to me the experience of the hunt in it self is a blessing and a bit of an addiction now.

Posts: 101 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Great hunt! Well done gents!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed. Nyakasanga seems to be the place!

Thanks for posting this report.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just now noticed this report: Really excellent report and what a great hunt. Thanks!!

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
great report
great trophies

stuart williams
+27832663245
stuart@tallyho.co.za
tallyho hunting safaries

Posts: 17 | Location: south africa | Registered: 16 February 2017Reply With Quote