Find
Notify
Tools

Family Safari with Zambezi Hunters
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
First Class all round and congratulations.

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My father and I were the group that followed your hunt. Thierry could not have been more complimentary of your family and your sons. Sounds like they handled themselves like real pros. Very glad your son got his leopard. Captain Hook and Charlie Oscar sadly still roam, as my dad connected on another leopard. I agree with your assessment on all accounts. Oh, and that huge kudu still remains, as well.

One of Us
Picture of Phillip Smythe
posted Hide Post
Fantastic hunt!

Well done Thierry ad Ian and to yourself and your family Ahmed!

Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow us hunt to hunt -

http://mailchi.mp/eccf60046a6c/welcome-to-2018

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages...aris/286258951422383

PHOTO BLOG - https://instagram.com/ivorytrailsafaris/

Phillip Smythe
www.ivorytrailsafaris.com

16 Pendennis Rd,
Mount Pleasant
Harare
Zimbabwe

Cell - +263 772 413 618
email - phillip@ivorytrailsafaris.com

Posts: 252 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 21 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the nice comments

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Duckworth:
Ahmed, great hunt and some great pictures, well done to all involved!!

Thanks Doug, the kids have grown up from our Safari in Mokore with you, they are now looking to hunt the big stuff in future :-)

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Counsel:
My father and I were the group that followed your hunt. Thierry could not have been more complimentary of your family and your sons. Sounds like they handled themselves like real pros. Very glad your son got his leopard. Captain Hook and Charlie Oscar sadly still roam, as my dad connected on another leopard. I agree with your assessment on all accounts. Oh, and that huge kudu still remains, as well.

That is fantastic and congratulations on your Dad's Leopard. Those old cats are true Ghost, I would love to go back just to hunt the CO.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Great report. Thank you!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Ahmed, it was a great pleasure meeting you and your family. Your children are the best mannered children I've ever had the pleasure of sharing a camp with. Your photographic skills are simply great. Thank you so much for your support and for your kind and humbling words. I hope we can share another hunting camp one day? Cheers

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
What a great hunt and such excellent pictures to remember it by! Congratulations.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ahmed, Outstanding Photographs and report. I enjoyed it very much.
That was a huge leopard!!!!!

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful experience...
Thank you for sharing your family with us

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Black Lechwe
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pictures and congratulations on what will have been a hugely memorable experience for your children.

A question: what is the story behind the vulture picture?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking hunt!!

Posts: 72 | Location: South Louisiana | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I can't think of a better way to spend a family vacation. You and your father should be very proud.

Ski+3

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black Lechwe:
Fantastic pictures and congratulations on what will have been a hugely memorable experience for your children.

A question: what is the story behind the vulture picture?

we saw vultures on that large dead kudu, perhaps snake bite, next morning. Went to investigate sign of any cats, all flew except the one who had his head inside the carcass. The tracker grabbed the surprised bird and after the picture, released him

One of Us
Picture of Black Lechwe
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I thought it must be something like that, but in this era of vultures disappearing from the skies across many parts of Africa, there's always the fear of poisonings.

That was a fantastic kudu by the way!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In this era of vultures disappearing from the skies across many parts of Africa, there's always the fear of poisonings.

Not fear but fact!

If and when a hunting area becomes occupied by mankind, expect livestock to come into the equation and the presence of livestock attracts Lions. The only form of retribution known to the indigenous folk is the use of poison and any and all form of scavengers will regrettably pay the ultimate price if they eat a poisoned carcass (and they do).

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
The smiles on the young faces tell it all!!

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice report Ahmed. Not surprised with the results when you combine Thierry and Sango it's a winning formula. Well done!

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Saeen what an amazing safari you had. Congratulations to your sons you are raising them right. Just brilliant

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed the photos!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil Duckworth:
Very nice report Ahmed. Not surprised with the results when you combine Thierry and Sango it's a winning formula. Well done!

Thanks Neil, both Sango and Mokore have exceptional Leopard population, more than anywhere else I have see.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pir_Danish:
Saeen what an amazing safari you had. Congratulations to your sons you are raising them right. Just brilliant

Thanks Saeen.

Ahmed Sultan